“On our way home &I already planning our trip back.”

Barefoot Bay Resort and Marina
Ranked #3 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
“On our way home &I already planning our trip back.”
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

First I have to say when reading reviews remember there are some people you can never make happy. With that said, we literally just left 5 hours ago after a weeks stay at Barefoot Bay. Our entire week was absolutely wonderful. We had never been to Clearwater Beach but had been told to stay near Pier 60 because everything was within walking distance. When I started looking I found places where rooms were $180+ a night. Then I came across Barefoot Bay website. Looked great, but prices were cheap. At first thought I was afraid we were going to end up with what we paid for. After doing some reseach I booked our stay. Dave, the owner, was overly helpful during my many phone calls & emails. Since we are only 5 hours into our drive home & we are already planning our trip back to Barefoot Bay I feel it's needless to say we were VERY pleased with every aspect during our stay. I may also note that we meet a number of patrons staying during our stay that we're regulars to staying at Barefoot Bay. To me that speaks volumes about the place. Plus others that were newbies like us but were equally pleased. Thank you to the staff & owners atthe Barefoot Bay for making us feel right at home. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank MMgangsmom53

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Room was relatively clean. The bathroom was not. Around the toilet was dirty and the shower grout was almost black. No soap dish in the shower to put your soap in and I certainly wasn't going to put it on the tile floor. The bathroom really needed a deep clean and some tiles were broken. The bed was nice and comfortable and the room was a little small but for a $100 dollars a night you can't beat it. The location was great. You can walk to anything along Clearwater beach. The staff was always friendly and helpful. You can rent wave runners and go deep sea fishing from right behind the motel. Parking is limited to one vehicle per room but they have metered parking that's free after 6 o'clock. With a little bit of cleaning and maintenance this could be a little quaint motel. Most "resorts" in the area go for $200 plus a night so you can't beat the price. I would stay again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Westland, Michigan
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We returned from a week long stay at this little gem a couple of weeks ago. Love the BIG intimate feel of this small motel. Have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Our standard queen room was so comfy and exceptionally clean! Yes, small, but who cares. Room is for sleeping and showering. The people caring for the place are so kind and friendly. Our minimal requests were granted immediately and with the service you'd expect from a much higher end facility. Had we paid attention to the negative posts on this site, we'd have missed out on a truly memorable place to stay. The location is perfect. Seemingly secluded in a hustle bustle area of the beach. Love it!!! We met so many very nice people from many parts of the world. Mostly, returning guests from years back. We plan on joining the many who make this an annual trip. Please don't hesitate to book your stay. I believe you'll enjoy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Summerfield, Florida
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We made a reservation for a two night stay in their apartment and were with our best friends. The room was a dump.....uneven and dirty floors - don't know when bedspreads were last washed - window ac's very loud -- you get the picture! Shared bath was old and in bad shape. Kitchenette not clean - dirty coffeepot. Tub dirty. We decided to try and at least make it through one night! Sometime during the evening the tub and toilet backed up and raw sewage was in the tub and the bathroom floor was totally wet. Went to the office the next morning and asked for a refund. Very unpleasant woman at the desk. No "Sorry for the inconvenience", etc. etc.and she was not about to return our payment for the second evening. We forced the issue (had pictures of the bathroom and unit and were thinking about calling the dept of Health) -- Eventually we did get a refund and we're very happy to leave this horrible place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank pnjudy
orlando
Reviewed May 24, 2012

One of my co-workers booked a one night stay here as a suprise for her husband's birthday. His mother died unexpectedly and they had to fly to Oklahome. They didnt even ask for a refund of the one night stay but asked to reschedule for the following Friday instead. They said no. She offered to provide the death certificate. They said no. She told them her mother in law was being cremated and wanted her ashes in the ocean so maybe they could book reschedule a time when the hotel was slow to do that for her. They said no. Its Memorial Day weekend so you know they will resell the room and make double money off of this families tragedy. What a shame!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Approximately a month prior to my intended stay, I made reservations for two nights at Barefoot Bay through Expedia.com. I arrived at the front office at 7:45 PM for check-in with my printed reservation confirmation through Expedia, and was unfortunately forced to deal with the vile man at the front desk. He informed me that my reservation never arrived, and that they just ceased their connections with Expedia. After explaining that I felt I should be accommodated since my reservation had been made while they were still doing business with Expedia, he told me he would call the owner (and refused to let me speak to her myself to explain the situation more completely) – as he was dialing her number he said, “I’m not taking any [--] and I’m leaving in ten minutes.” I realize that I arrived close to the office closing time, but such a reaction is totally rude and unreasonable. After talking to the owner in a fake and rare pleasant tone, he told me that I could either pay more for a nicer room or switch rooms between my two nights. Explaining that I was not happy with the arrangements he was offering me with and the way in which he was talking and cussing at me, he proceeded to completely verbally abuse me and tell me I was “hearing things” and would periodically point to his head implying that I was crazy. I have never in my life had someone be so rude to me, and I can’t even imagine why the owners would allow such an awful, unhelpful, and down-right despicable person working with tourists who are trying to relax on vacation. Rather than give a penny to this hotel, I gladly paid the same amount of money at the Hampton Inn and had a great stay with a friendly staff. Ironically, if Barefoot Bay had allowed me to stay in the slightly nicer room at the rate which I had originally reserved, they would have made more money than inevitably leaving the room empty for the duration of my time in Clearwater. Do yourself a favor, and stay at one of the other local hotels which know how to treat another human being with respect.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Natalie N
Bettendorf
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Decided to give this place a shot. I chose the smallest cheapest room they had with no expectations. When I arrived they called by my first name when I walked in the door. We stayed for 4 nites and loved every minute. The staff was friendly, the pool was clean and the location was perfect:) its definetly not the Hilton so if you are expecting 5 star hotel it is not for you. But if you love the mom and pop places and enjoy a cozy comfy stay this is the place. My only complaints would be the bed hurt my back, but most hotel beds do. Also the mini fridge makes a lot of clicking noises which woke me up a few times at night. We will definetly be back though. Very satisfied customer.

• Stayed May 2012