“Location, location, location!”
Review of Beachwalk Inn

Beachwalk Inn
Ranked #45 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed August 5, 2014

It's nothing fancy and the room is small, but you won't spend much time there when you can literally walk across the street to the beach! The staff was nice and there was a fridge and microwave in the room along with a nice flat screen. However we never even turned it on. There is free wifi and parking (but very few spaces) so I would try to check in early if you can. We checked in at 12:30.

The price is a steal and I would definitely stay here again. Frency's Cafe is nearby and pretty good although I liked Crabby Bill's better and that is right next to Frenchy's. The clam chowder is the best I have ever had!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank ExportLove
RitzResortMgr, General Manager at Beachwalk Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Thank you young lady for nice review of your visit here to beautiful beach. Some rooms small - some rooms big. All different. This is why I say is best to call me direct so I can pick which room be nicest for people. Some rooms better for seniors, other rooms I decorate for more younger people. Everybody be like Crabbys Beach Walk. I second your recommends. Very Good. Veronika -

There are newer reviews for Beachwalk Inn

Reviewed July 25, 2014

No, not that Ritz. But if you're looking for a clean and comfortable room directly across from one of the best beachs in the US, then this is the place.

Situated in a lively area witihn a short walk to restaurant, shops, the pier and of course the beach the Ritz aka Westmont Inn provides a great base for sun and fun.

Set up on the beach in the morning with a cup of coffee and start your day off right. Sun, swim and frolic on the white powder sand beach and when you've had enough stroll back over and enjoy a fresh water dip in the hotel pool.

After a bit of rest in the AC head back over to the beach and enjoy a great sunset. Wonderful get away weekend!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joe r
RitzResortMgr, General Manager at Beachwalk Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

No we not Ritz Carlton - they cost $500.00 a night, maybe more. This 1 reason we slowly change name to franchise Westmont Inn. Ritz Carlton was looking at site down street to build new hotel here on Clearwater Beach few blocks they not like Ritz Resort Motel. NOT Hotel. We agree to to affiliate with franchise to avoid any confusion. Even if only total moron think he be at Ritz Carlton for 100.00 or so per night. Original owner name motel in 1956 and at that time really was Ritz with Air condition, pool, in room telephone etc... Law says Ritz 1956 we have more right to name Ritz then Ritz Carlton peoples. Now we older motel, but clean and nice. Ritz Resort name no longer really fit. But we have many customers who come here many years time and again. So not change name too fast you understand. Happy you enjoy your stay with us. Nice people like you welcome come back any time. Please call me direct and tells me you leave this reviews so I get you nice bottle of wine to share at sunset . Thank You for nice review. Veronika - General Manager

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have stayed at this motel twice so far for our anniversary. My boyfriend and I will continue to go for our anniversary in May. We love the location and the value. The first time we stayed we thought that the location was great and well worth the price. The second time we stayed we swore that we'd never stay anywhere else, the location is superb! The second time we went to clearwater beach and stayed here again for our anniversary it coincidently fell in the timeline that the Clearwater taste fest was going on. We stepped outside our hotel room and BAM there's the taste fest! We were able to experience the taste fest, the fireworks afterwards, and the beach while being mere yards away from our room. Besides that we are basically next door to Crabby's, our favorite restaurant on the beach. We are also walking distance to the pier and the stores. We will never stay anywhere else on clearwater beach. Besides the location, the rooms are spacious and all we need to be comfortable - "value" is the key word.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jordang277
RitzResortMgr, General Manager at Beachwalk Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Happy you enjoy your Anniversary with us. For next May ... call me in April ( Don't wait till last minute) and I give you special on Penthouse room #30 and have nice bottle of wine you two share and watch sunset from balcony. Thank You for honest and nice review. Veronika

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Not your high rise glitz palace, the Ritz offers clean rooms, right across the street from Florida's highest-rated beach, and at a price that will not set you back a mortgage payment. We had a room on the 4th floor which met all our needs, including a small kitchenette. The tile floors and bathroom fixtures were practically new and spotlessly clean. The management is friendly and accommodating. We were given discount coupons that saved us a fare at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and a 10% discount at a local restaurant. Veronika even moved her personal vehicle to give us a shady parking spot under the roof. The Ritz is just our kind of place to stay.

Room Tip: Higher up is better - further away from street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Larry W

Thank You for nice review Larry, It is good value here. I attempt to explain to peoples - they not understand. We DO NOT offer discounts. People walk in and expect discount for 1000 different reasons - Senior, Military, Good Student, AAA Auto Club, Because I think I am special ..... NO - NO & NO. Reason is simple: I already am giving discount with current room rates. If you not think so - please go visit other motels/ hotels and compare rates. Then come back. I not play games..... people want to play game they can go elsewhere and get 10% discount off $200.00 or pay $180.00 if they feel better because they got a discount they demand - good. But they not realize they just paid 180.00 an amount MUCH more then here with out a " make you feel good" discount. Plus when guests be by pool - they talk and when someone says I got a "SPECIAL" deal or discount - then everyone wants to know why they not get same SPECIAL.... NO, Everyone pays the same rate.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was glad we stayed at this well run motel in Clearwater. Thanks Trip advisor for heading us in this direction. Based on my previous posts you will realize I am a fan of good value- and this motel fits the bill. The location is 5 stars= steps across from beautiful, clean, and family friendly Clearwater beach. It is also walking distance to several nice restaurants, shopping, and pier. The hotel is older, but the management(Veronica and all) takes great pride in keeping the motel in tip top shape. Many recent upgrades have been performed. The pool, though small, is refreshing and clean. Our room was large- it contained a mini kitchenette and two tables and space for a family of four to move around without bumping into each other. A great view of the Clearwater area and beach can be seen from the walkway. If you stay, please take time to review the notes in the binder found in the room- listed are all common sense practices a guest should follow to keep the motel in the best condition for the next visitor to the beach area.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to ask the front desk for a room that meets your requirements.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelfan11

As always thank you for feed back and review. Happy you happy. Lots of new hotels going up all around us. Some hotel owners know they tear down to build new luxury hotel - so they suck the last bit of life out of their hotel/ motel and make only required repairs. Not buy new sheets or towels etc... I not say who be bad business. Here my husband Alex I keep him very busy all summer - so yes you correct many upgrades and improvements. Some improvemnents this summer people not see like $3000.00 spent to improve wireless Internet because is invisible. But all new office now complete with new buffett for coffee and cookies.New chairs, new tile, front desk etc... I am having KC redo and update book of helpful info. Please call me direct next time you ready to come visit our beautiful beach. I upgrade you to nice room and give you bottle of wine. Remind me - I can not remember everything. Thanks again so much. Veronika - General Manager

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed here due to the reasonable price, big mistake! They refused to honor my request for a room on the top floor, the other guests were noisy, hindering my sleep, and they told me I had to leave 2 hours before checkout so they could clean the room! I told the front desk, but they did not seem to care, so I never went back there. There are other hotels in Clearwater Beach for just a few dollars more that are far superior, so it pays to shop around!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Eileen N
RitzResortMgr, General Manager at Beachwalk Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

I suspect this is fake review because I check all reservations - no Ellen - no guests from Palm Harbor. I never ever make anyone check out early. IF that is a big - IF- I refuse you room on top 5th floor is because they were all taken, or others have reservation. When you walk in last minute with no reservation - you get whatever room is left.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Great place to stay if you're visiting Clearwater Beach!

Right across the street from the beach, an easy walk to the Pier, a nice cafe next door, even McDonalds for a quick breakfast very close by.

This simple but clean, affordable and friendly motel is a perfect choice!

Hands down the best value in town!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank You for nice review - it is a good value. I always try and be friendly - but I not put up with any shenanigans either! I have nice bottle wine chilling when you come again. Thank You ~ Veronika