“Great time -- Motel right on the beach!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beachwalk Inn

Beachwalk Inn
Ranked #42 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Pickering, Canada
“Great time -- Motel right on the beach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

Stayed here for a week in February 2011. First time in Clearwater Beach. We had a great time. The staff here is very friendly and accomodating. When we arrived our room wasn't ready yet, but they moved us into a better room which was just being cleaned. We went for a walk on the beach while we waited. Rooms are nothing fancy, but are very serviceable. Our room had a kitchentte (fridge, microwave and hotplate which we used every morning for breakfast). Bathroom was large and clean. We were up on the 4th floor and had a great view of all of Clearwater Beach. The pool at the hotel is small but served our needs when we didn't want to swim in the ocean.

Local attractions like Pier 60 and inland waterway just steps away. Lots of local restuarants to try just steps from the Ritz. The best part of course is the short short walk to the white sandy beaches of Clearwater Beach. Best part of our entire stay. Dunedin and Clearwater close by for Blue Jays and Phillies spring training followers (which we were primarily in Florida for).

There is WiFi available (nearby local Chamber of Commerce). It's flaky from the hotel and cuts out here and there, but up and down the beach it is easily accessable.

We stayed in Indian Shore last winter and had a great time, but being right in Clearwater Beach is where you want to be. Busy place but not overly crazy and very fun.

All in all, a great stay and a very decent price. We will come back again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank The_KayJo
RitzResortMgr, General Manager at Beachwalk Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Thanks for your time to write us a positive review. Veronika says - " You get a bottle of wine next time you come" ..... I buy all this wine hoping Trip Ad-visor viewers call and make reservation directly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Casselberry, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2011

Arrived at the Ritz Resort Motel with my mom (senior) and immediately was greeted by the lady that manages the front office. Very pleasant and accomodating. Provided us with our key to the 5th Floor. Awesome view from that floor and it was also very quiet. I traveled with my mom and she was also impressed with the value and views. The furniture is a bit outdated but really for the price you can't ask for more. I booked the Larger efficiency which was equipped with small stove, kitchen sink, mini fridge and microwave. The room was clean and like I said quiet. I will definately come back here again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank taina60
RitzResortMgr, Manager at Beachwalk Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Glad you & your Mother enjoyed your stay. Look forward to your return visit to our beautiful beach. Thankyou - Veronika
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

Sure, the Ritz dates from the 1950's but it's clean, the room was a good size, and oh, the location! When you factor in that parking is included (across the street, the public lot costs $15 per day), this is an excellent value. We spent two nights there; Saturday was noisy because it was Spring Break and college kids were out in the streets until late. (They don't stay at the Ritz.) Sunday night was much quieter.
Clearwater Beach is gorgeous, there are restaurants and groceries close by. Don't count on the free WiFi from the chamber of commerce; it comes and goes.
I would absolutely return to the Ritz Clearwater.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank MJ-from-VA
RitzResortMgr, Owner at Beachwalk Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Thank you for the nice review. You are correct - we do not allow loud parties people, this is family motel - we have nice couples and families with small children so we do our best to maintain peaceful enjoyable atmosphere for all. There is free wireless web computers. As you said was slow. Please understand free - and spring break time is very busy and if lots of people are using it at same time - as I suspect was case. Then yes it slow down. But usually no complaints. This vacation - leave computers at home. You very welcome and we happy to have you come visit us and beatiful beach again. Veronika
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

Originally I had reservations at the new Hyatt Hotel - but upon the taxi service dropping me & my family off ( Wife & 2 small children) the Hyatt claimed we had none and attempted to "offer us a room at an astronomical walk in rate." This rate was north of 250.00 a night. So noway was I going to be taken advantage of for THEIR ineptness. Since the Hyatt could not get our reservation correct - I walked about 1 block south where I found the Ritz Motel.

First - we had no reservation - but the very nice young lady offered to show me a room.... for 1/3rd the cost of what my "discount advance reservation at the Hyatt was" The floors were all new - the beds and linens fresh - appearing new. Their was also a nice kitchenette. So I took it.... As for SERVICE which is what your paying for at a nice resort hotel.... the Ritz staff made our stay very enjoyable for the 3 days we were there. I have no complaints - and would recommend this place to anyone looking to save a few dollars. Near by is a place called Crabby's Beachwalk - and Frenchys South Beach - both places as recommened by the staff were great. The new Beachwalk is at your doorstep - the views over the GUlf amazing!!!! And while the water was a bit cold - we did have a beautiful day in the 70's to watch our kids running around the beach and we also built a sand castle. Clearwater Beach is a wonderful place for the whole family and I look foward to bringing my family down here again - & again. This time I will skip the Hyatt - why pay 3X the price when the Ritz Motel has nice clean redone rooms and such na friendly staff? Bonus points to the owners daughter who checked us in and made sure our stay was great. Thanks again to everyone at the Ritz!!!
Dr. Pinto & Family

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank DrAngeloPinto
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

Honestly we didnt expected that we could find inexpensive, but still clean, quiet motel on the beach side. We had relaxing nice weekend here and would recommended to any one who isnt looking to waist hundreds of dollars. You will see us more often.., just try to keep prices not changed...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank PZsailor
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

I had intended to stay with a friend, but found myself allergic to his dog and in need of a room...fast. And as inexpensive as possible. I inquired around, and got a brochure about The Ritz. I called and spoke with Veronica.

Upon parking, she came out of the office to greet me. I asked to see a room, and she quickly took me to one and let me look at it.

This is my first time at a Mom and Pop place. But I was pleasantly surprised at how clean the room was, and the the view (right across the street from the beach). Note also, walking distance of Pier 60, many restaurants, and even nightspots like Shephards.

While it's not my usual choice of room (The Hampton Inn or the TradeWinds), it was a nice place, for a very reasonable rate. I was really expecting a No-Tel Motel type of place, but this was far above that.

Noise is limited, guests are limited. So there is no "Party Central" atmosphere here, for those who like to sleep in peace and quiet.

The room also featured a small kitchenette (you do your own dishes), and a refrigerator. Small outdoor pool. They do have a guest laundry also.

They do have wi-fi (it's slow, from the beach chamber).

It is non-smoking, although they do supply ashtrays outside of the rooms.

If you're on a budget, this is a very nice place to stay (and I'm quite snobby when it comes to motels/hotels).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
5 Thank PhoenixJen1972
RitzResortMgr, Owner at Beachwalk Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2010
Thanks for the kind words...it would be our privledge to welcome you back anytime.
Syracuse,ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

Went for a week stayed a month. Everything was great. If anyone puts in a bad review its because they were hell raisers and probably thrown out and charged for damages. The best location and Price on the Beach. Yes they are probably Slovac and may not speak Havard English, but their great ,hardworking, smart, people. The tennants were the best people you could ever meet. If U dont see the reason to pay the price of a Hob Nob Hotel, This is the Best all around. We had the time of Our life all around.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pathfinder66
Thank You - Your review was quite accurate!!! Please come visit us in paradise again soon!