“Passed its sell by date”

Ebb Tide Waterfront Resort
Ranked #38 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed July 13, 2008

I recently stayed at the Ebb Tide, on arrival as I looked around the
complex I noticed the lovely bay view, as I entered my room I heard a loud noise that sounded like an aeroplane taking off. as I looked to see what it was I discovered it was the outdated air conditioning which I could not adjust to decrease the noise, the only way to stop the noise was to switch to off. You will have to be up early to claim a sunbed as there are only 10 beds for 19 rooms. The furniture in our room was so outdated a charity shop would not have taken it (throw in skip) the matress and bed were badly needing renewed also the cutlery and crockery need updated if you are looking for value for money stay away from this run down complex.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank trebor55

Reviewed April 15, 2008

We have just returned from another stay at the Ebbtide and it was as good as our last stay.

As usual our hosts Graham and Maria along with their daughter Becky made our holiday all the more enjoyable, they were always there if we needed anything and as usual nothing was to much trouble for them. Graham even took our daughter to the airport for us as we were unable to.

We took our daughter (who is 32) for the first time this year and she enjoyed it that much she will be with us again next year.

Looking forward to our return trip in November

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank gpzsb
Reviewed April 7, 2008

I visited Florida with my family for the first time in December of '05. We stayed in the two bedroom which was very spacious and very clean. It had a great view of the water, you'd have to see it! The breeze was very nice too. The pool was great even though we were the only ones swimming in it, and yes it is indeed heated. It may be more expensive then some other places but it is well well worth it! I wished my family had stayed there on our second time down there, but unfortunately it was already booked. The owners are wonderfully friendly people and so were the guests. Hope if I'm down there again I stay here.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled with family
1  Thank hoobobba
Reviewed November 22, 2007

I have been spending my vacation the Ebb Tide Waterfront Resort in Clearwater Beach. My time at the resort has been nothing short of excellent. The host Graham Coates is great. i enjoy talking with him and also his wife Maria, his daughter Becky and son Merreck. they make our stay a wondeerful experience. Our apartment consist of one bedroom, a full kitchen
and nice living room with a nice tv. it's well furnished with all the
convenience of home and i might add very clean.
I have been staying there for the past three years and plan to return many years to come, i wouldn't think of going anywhere else andmy wife feels the same way.
Dorothy and Donald Dube

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dotdon
Reviewed November 18, 2007

i have stayed at the ebbtide for 7years now sometimes visiting twice a year.
Since the first visit i have taken my family who have fallen in love with it like me.
Every year when we return its like going home we meet up with all our usual oct friends from all around the usa and scotland.
where else do you arrive to a lot of hugs ect you are not a room no here but part of the family.
Our accomodation is great and in a great location family run and nothing is a problem just ask!!!!!!!!!!!!
We look forward to returning soon it cant come quick enough thanks to all the family who look after us so well the zeils and the butlers

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank gwenzeil
Reviewed October 19, 2007

Have just returned from yet another brilliant visit to the Ebb Tide. Although Maria was not available due to ill-health, we were looked after by "Mine Host" Graham (despite the insults!). As usual our apartment was clean and ready for us, thanks to Becky's hard work. We met up with old friends from America and the UK and enjoyed the pool and the fishing on the dock -although there were no record catches this year. Also a chance to watch the dolphins performing.
This place is an ideal location, near to the fabulous white sands of Clearwater Beach and easy access to the shops. The Jolly Trolley is useful for those without a car and is cheap and stops right outside.
If you want a relaxing holiday and a friendly atmosphere, this is just the place.
Looking forward to next year's stay!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WiltshireJohn
Reviewed August 28, 2007

Unfortunately we chose to stay at these apartments from 26.07.07 - 11.08.07.
On arrival at the locus we immediately heard drilling. The sea wall was being upgraded and would continue to be so for the duration of our visit. Whilst my family appreciated that the work was essential and had to be done, our issues were:

1. Prior to arriving on holiday we were not e-mailed or notified in any way about the work.
2. On arrival no mention or apology was made by the owners for the continued inconvenience this would cause.
3. When we complained to the owners about the work (sawing, drilling, general noise) happening directly outside our bedroom window between the hours of 7am and 9am, we were told we were being unreasonable.
4. Whilst complaining my husband was diplomatic and calm at all times. However when he complained for a third time about the very early noise, on our second to last day, we were told by the female owner (Maria) that she could not understand what we were going on about and she was "too old" for our continued complaints and she would settle our bill and we were to leave the next day. This would have left us with one night to find accomodation . Alternately the female owner, Maria, stated we could stay for our last night if we stopped complaining.
Due to us being with extended family and young cousins that would have been upset splitting up, we reluctantly felt we could not let the children suffer.
5. It must be noted that while the owners failed to apologise once for the noise the work men did so frequently.
6 The owners of these run down apartments claimed that no one else was effected by the noise due to no other complaints apart from my extended family. However, whilst sat by the pool I heard three other families also complaining
7. Just like the previous entry on this site we too feel like the property is run down.
8. We found approximately 30 cockroaches in our apartment and most of them were alive. We were offered to have the apartment fumigated but the owners could not assure us it was safe for small children.
9. The A/C is useless and can not be adjusted for comfort, even though one of the Ebb Tide websites states the A/C in all units are independently controlled.
10. Some light switches did not work.
11. Towels are plentiful but small, stained and grubby.
12. One of our showers in our apartment did not work.
13. We stayed for 16 nights and got our apartment cleaned once.
14. The BBQ was so dirty you could not use it.

To summarise, the female owner (Maria) of this run down establishment is negative and defensive if you have a complaint.

On a positive note, if you can put up with all of the above, the pool was our saving grace, the view lovely and the beach was just a five minute walk away.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family