“Heaven in Clearwater Beach !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of East Shore Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
East Shore Resort
Ranked #1 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersGold level
Walker, Louisiana
“Heaven in Clearwater Beach !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2010

This is our 6th visit to East Shore Resort (ESR), we didn't want to go home again as usual ! LOL.... All the great reviews you read here are so very true and you really must visit ESR to experience all the wonderful things and people it has to offer !

I think Lynn the manager, would be best described as the "Angel" of this heavenly resort. You have often heard I'm sure that good things come in small packages, well ESR is the "Gem" of small resorts ! I have stayed at Hotels in Clearwater and also another resort Hotel but once I found ESR we have been coming back ever since. We have met some dear friends here from all over the world and we would highly recommend ESR to everyone.

I would also like to touch base on a subject that I think may be of value to someone who may be thinking of booking at ESR, who is handicapped. I was recently handicapped about 1 1/2 years ago, ESR is not handicapped accessible but you can make it work.. Since I had been there several times, I wasn't going to let it stop me from going back. I'm on a walker now and I have a scooter for long distances. I can get into the screen porch units and up the door to the apt. with no problem on my walker. I can also get all around the apt with the doorways except for the bathroom which doesn't matter for me cause it's small enough for me to get around without falling. The tub on most units I've stayed in has a grab bar for getting in and out the tub to shower and a long shower hose, hand held . Since I travel alot and my family's homes are not accessible, I carry with me two extra grab bars you can purchase from Wal-Mart for about $10.00 each. I also purchased a extended height seat for the toliet cost about $20.00, Wal-Mart or drug stores so I can be as independent as possible.

It was our pleasure this visit to finally meet the owner Billy Day, he is such a fine man and takes pride in ESR, his employees and his guest ! He like Lynn the manager, is a people person and they can't do enough to make your visit as pleasurable and memorable as possible ! The new dock is a large marina, it's beautiful and offers more fishing area, large boat slips, relaxing seating and fantastic views !

ESR is just about 90 minutes from the Disney Resorts and Universal Studio's, we usually travel around the area and use ESR as our hub.

If you are looking for clean, friendly, relaxing, affordable and heavenly place to spend your vacation and unwind please consider East Shore Resort for your next vacation !

Linda & Reynold Bourgeois
Louisiana

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
west midlands UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

Not suprised this has come out at number 1 on trip advisor!!!

Great stay in a fab spot, wasn't lucky enough to see the dolphins but was only there for 3 nights and probably not up early enough, would go back for sure.

Great that they have washers and dryers to use as and when makes it easier when you get home.

Can't fault in anyway, keep up the good work Lynn, hope to see you again sometime! (also people we spoke to have been going back 17 years on the run, that tells it all)

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

We just returned home from our 1st stay at East Shore resort. The Tripadvisor comments & pictures were all true. The rooms are super clean, the beds are comfortable, the kitchen even had filters for the coffee pot, the linens were plentiful. We enjoyed meeting Lynn ( thanks for the help with reservations), Jim (keeps the place beyond well maintained) and Billy ( owner/host/new friend).
We spent lots of time outside on the landscaped patio area, enjoying the view, and new dock. It is impressive, over 300 feet & can accommodate various sizes of boats , even some that are 60'. The lighting wasn't finished so we will have to return to see the under dock Neon blue lights that will be added soon. We don't own a boat but were entertained watching dolphins from the deck, sitting out at night, and seeing the sunrise. We are already planning our return, we had a wonderful time and met lots of nice people!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Halifax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

We LOVED this place! Everything about it is first class. First, Lynn - the Manager. She is an amazing person and a wonderful host.(doesn’t seem like the right word) She is a wealth of knowledge about the area and suggested several excellent out of the ordinary places to visit to that we hadn’t planned on. She knew we liked to visit the beautiful Florida County and State parks and other off the beaten path places (Loved Weekii Wachee…so fun for us and our daughter..Thanks Lynn!) She was so kind and helpful to us and we are grateful to her for that. I can’t say enough great things about her.

The landscaping and grounds here are immaculate. From the multitude of flowering hibiscuses to the freshly painted buildings and fences. Everything just gleams! That brings me to the room. We stayed in the front apartment in the main building. I believe it was 7-C. It was spotless. Fresh and clean. It had everything you need to cook, lots of towels, linens and cleaning supplies. The furniture is cozy and the large wall mounted LCD TV was a bonus to check the news and for our daughter to watch a bit of at night. The bathroom was spacious as was the kitchen. What we really loved the most was the screened in porch. It was really peaceful to sit out there at night and enjoy the tranquility.

The heated pool was beautiful. We swam in it a few times and enjoyed it. Again, it was gleaming. Behind the pool area I noticed 2 adult bikes and a kid’s bike that were free to use. There were lots of beach toys which were also free to use and my daughter enjoyed taking advantage of them. I did a bit of fishing off the incredible new pier. (What a pier that is!!!!) It was breathtaking watching the sun come up at 6:30 over the Bay!

There is a really nice laundry facility that is free to use. What a treat! Not having to take time out of your vacation to sit around in a Laundromat! There is also a barbecue there and patio tables which we never used. They looked nice though.

As for the location, everything is right there. The beach is about a minute away- just across the street. You can read about it in all the other postings. Its an ideal location. The marina is there, restaurants, liquor store, the Pier..Its a perfect.

We met a lot of nice people there who invited us to join them in the evening for drinks and food. It was a very kind gesture and they were super nice people but at the end of the day we were just too pooped from all of our adventures to socialize!

On the last day we met Bill, the Owner. We didn’t have a chance to talk much as we were heading out to the Flea Market. I wish we could've talked more because he seems like a very interesting and kind man. It is evident that he takes a lot of pride in this place and it really shows.

I'm sure I am missing something because there are so many 'nice touches' that its hard to remember everything. One thing I was thinking is that they should drop the “motel” off their name as East Shore is not like any motel I’ve ever seen! Its more of a resort paradise! I also think Trip Advisor should delete the negative comment posted here about the construction as it was out of the control of the owner. I don't think that is a fair review as the East Shore's owner could not control City road mainteance sound and the actions of the construcion personel employed by the City..

I have to say, it just doesn’t get any better than this. We can’t wait to go back next May. Thanks Lynn and Bill. You guys are awesome!

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
chicago, il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

Got back after a week at East Shore Apartment Motel and it is everything that the reviews say it is. Here is my take on the place given that we had 2 children (1 and 3 years with us).
The best part is how clean everything is. It is really clean even under the beds. We had a 1 year old so under the beds is where we found most of his toys, and it was clean there too. I was worried when I first booked the place almost a year ago since I was going just off the reviews, the good news is that the website now has more pictures of the inside of the apartments. We were in 6A and had beautiful sunrises every morning. Saw pelicans, and dolphins swimming in the bay. All rooms had flat screen t.v.'s with cable and at the end of the day it was great to catch up on Law & Order reruns while the kids slept. We met Bill and Terry, and they are wonderful warm and friendly. Lyn was very helpful giving us beach chairs, beach umbrellas etc. She was very very helpful getting us a taxi at the end, calling numerous companies on our behalf. Thanks Lyn. Much appreciated.
The place is in the center of everything - less that 2 mins walk to CVS, about 5 mins walk to the beach, a very pleasant possibly 10 min walk to pier 60. It's NOT walking distance to the Publix. We intended on taking the trolley, to it but never did, instead we picked hot dogs, pasta, microwable meals, english muffins etc from the CVS and had breakfast and lunch at home, and dinners at the restaurant. There is a little patio which is fenced in (not shown in the pics and it looks like it's a straight drop in the water). Still I wouldn't let kids outside on the patio alone. The washer and dryer are in the 2 bedroom unit (outside the apartment but in the same building) that houses 6A &6N. I was worried it would be noisy, but we never heard them, and the bonus was we got to do laundry like we were home. The ceilings are a little thin, we could hear the guests above us, but it didn't bother us much. If this is an issue for you take the top unit, you lose the patio but get a large balcony facing the pool.

Some additional details:
CVS has most of what you need, but be aware the prices are higher than other CVS and you won't necessarily get the sizes you want (eg. We needed a few diapers on the last day but the only available pack was 48). CVS does good sandwiches for abut $2.49, great for lunch. There is an ice cream place north on Mandalay Avenue which sells the best Working cow home made ice cream. CVS does sell pool floats, but we found better ones at the large Peach (coloured) Surf shop for the same prices. Restaurants have good food, but kind of steep. Frenchy's Rockaway was great especially for the fun ambience and if you have kids you're still comfortable. Great blackened grouper. Crabby Bills had good food but we felt weirded out cause our kids were tired and fussy and the other guests kind of disapprooved. Cooters had great wings and very friendly staff, again great with young kids. There's also an excellent chinese take out place about 4 mins from the motel - lunch menu works out cheaper. There is a mcdonalds south of Pier 60, but for some reason we've found the McDonalds by beaches (clearwater, miami etc) are very trashy, and not kept well. Still one night the kids had chicken nuggets there. We found that given the heat and humidity we would
a. Start the day at the beach for a couple of hours, come home and let the 1 year old nap
b. Take the 3 year old to the pool for a couple of hours, then lunch and all nap
c. Leave for the beach again by 6:00 in the evening when the weather had cooled off and made for a wonderful walk down to Pier 60 and further...

Taxis: I'm still unclear on the State law for car seats in Florida. In Illinois taxis don't need to have car seats for kids. At Tampa bay airport we had to get a taxi and the airport provided the car seats (I think to the taxi). We took a United Cabs taxi from the airport and while the driver was nice the taxi was almost falling apart..For the return journey we tried calling Yellow Cabs of Tampa Bay, and they didn't have any car seats, we weren't sure if they were needed and were told it was the law. So Lyn and us called United Cabs, and some other cab companies without much success. So not sure if it's a law then why the taxi companies don't have them. Anyways, we finally went with Lyn's recommendation of Mandalay Taxis, and the guy had a great SUV - 8 seater. He had only 1 car seat but didn't seem to think it was a problem if our 3 year old sat in the back with us. I forget his name, but he was really good. Told us all about the area as we drove along. I think he's a new guy in that taxi company, but we totally recommend him.

We loved clearwater beach, the white sand, the great side walks (really wide) and wonderful for walking. Overall a great vacation with young kids. We try not to return to places we've visited because there is so much to see, however if we were in the area we would definitely stay at East Shore again.

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

We stayed for two weeks over Christmas and New Years...the grounds and pool are immaculately kept...soft music playing through outside speakers...new and clean gas grills are free to use...outside tables and chairs with covered area. Walk out on the dock and laze in the sunshine...make use of the communal fishing rods.
The units are also very clean, kept up to date and are furnished and outfitted with everything you could possibly need. Brand new plasma TV's in the living room area and master bedroom, an internal stereo system (built into the wall} and numerous other amenities.
Manager Lynn couldn't do enough to ensure our stay was a good one...owners Bill and Terry are very kind people who make you feel like family. During our two weeks we enjoyed a Christmas buffet hosted by Lynn and then a New Years Eve cookout hosted by Bill and Terry (and Lynn)...lots of terrific food and some adult beverages to boot. I felt that I was in Bill's backyard as his longtime friend. Even a birthday cake for two of us celebrating birthdays that day.
Free use of beach chairs (about a 5 minute walk to Clearwater Beach), free use of fishing rods and bicycles, free WI-FI access, free parking, free laundry facilities...a terrific location to enjoy all the restos and bars of Clearwater Beach...no car required. They were about to start construction of a new and very large dock which will employ underwater lighting, have built in seating areas for the guests and extend 240 feet.
Next time, we are going for at least a month!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beermonger
sitting down
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2010

Best place I am ever stayed. I saw the pool guy cleaning at first light and on our second day I saw him cleaning again. He then cleaned the BBQ grills, the dock and picked up every leaf in the yard. The inside matched the outside, just perfect. It's an older place but impecable.Great people. The grounds keeper was so nice and could speak German. He gave us fishing tips and places to eat that were out of this world. Lynn the office Manager couldn't do enough for us. Nice ,quiet, just the ticket and no body knoking on our door,( Maid service), (House Keeping) I would come back again if I decide to enter Iron Man next year. Great place.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple