“Nice room but carpet needs cleaning”

Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel
Ranked #25 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Kissimmee, Florida
“Nice room but carpet needs cleaning”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I have a 9 month old that had 'black knees' and 'black feet' after crawling across the carpet.
I didn't appreciate the fact that we had to rent all of the beach stuff from another hotel.
Overall, average hotel with a crabby frontdesk lady.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank cruzjk27
Kendra W, General Manager at Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Cruzjk27

I want to extend my sincere apologies regarding the service you received from the our front desk. We strive to provide all of our guest with award winning service throughout their entire stay.

I'm also sorry about the carpet in your room. We do have our carpets professionally cleaned every 3 months and as needed in between those months.

The lounge chaises and umbrellas located at our sister property is something that you do have to rent on a daily basis. However, we do offer packages on our website that includes the daily rental for the lounge chaise & umbrella as well as breakfast for two in the package total.

We do want to make sure every guest is completely satisfied with the services they receive during their stay. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding these issues, so I am able to ensure that it does not happen again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The photographs of this property online are a tad misleading since this property is across the street from the beach and while the illumination in their pics makes the property seem quaint and intimate the truth is its an old motel that's been modified into a suite hotel, and not very well.

It's really quite expensive since you could go to virtually any motel along the beaches for much less (may we recommend the Island House in Reddington as an alternative which is also across the street but 1/3 the nightly rate).

There was no mention in the reservation process or upon the confirmation email that there's a $25 per night cleaning fee (if you're there under a package) otherwise it's referred to as a resort fee for parking and pool access (neither of which we used). If they want to call themselves a resort or a hotel they should include "cleaning" and pool access in their room-rate, it is after all the very selling point they promote to get you there in the first place! (just my humble opinion)

Room Tip: You might want to ask to be away from the laundry facilities which are loud & hot.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
10 Thank Laura B
Kendra W, General Manager at Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Lisa B

I want to apologize if you felt you were misled in any way. We are not located on the beach and if you were provided that information I would appreciate it you would contact me with that information so I am able to research it and correct it. We are very adamant when it comes to providing accurate information regarding the amenities we offer and any fees associated with your booking.

We do have a flat fee that is a separate charge outside of your room and tax. This is a cleaning fee (resort fee) and its a one time fee, not a daily fee as you have described in your comments.

I would have to further research your booking since you stated that you booked a package, however you are correct because any package that is booked would not include this fee in the total but there should have been some notification informing you of this.

I understand that you are comparing us to resorts or a hotel, however we are more of an extended stay property and the services we provide are similar to the services you would receive from other vacation rentals.

The cleaning fee charged is to cover the expenses of cleaning the unit upon check-out, provide towel & trash service throughout your stay, as well as stock the amenities & toiletries in your rental unit as needed. The fee is a one time fee and is based on your length of stay and ranges from $25.00 - $45.00. There are no other fees and we have worked will all booking channels to make sure that this is highlighted through the booking process so there is no confusion.

Again I do apologize if you were misled in any way, we want all of our guest to be satisfied with the services they receive. I would love the opportunity to resolve this issue with you and correct any possible misleading information about our property you may have received.
maui
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

So the price that we got was great but when we checked in, the manager told is that there is additional $25 for services that we must pay even of we won't use: parking and pool. Ok.... I must mention that the amount that I booked includes taxes and fees.
Checkout time they added additional $13 county tax
Another $5 remodeling room fee ......(YES)
Another $6 for more tax.
We paid additional $50 to the price that we booked!!!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
14 Thank chen1977
Chen1977,

I want to thank you for choosing our property and apologize if you feel that any fees applied were not explained to you. I would love to have opportunity to speak with you regarding your bill to see if I am able to clarify some of the charges because I to question some of the fees you have described. I can assure you that all fees charged by our property are listed clearly on all channels regarding taxes and the cleaning fee (resort fee).

On top of the nightly rate their is a 7% sales tax & 5% county tax. For the most part regardless of the site you book your reservation through the rate you are given will explain in detail whether or not tax has been included or not included in your total. Out total tax percentage is 12%.

I have to question the "remodeling fee' you described in your review because we do not and have never charged a remodeling fee. I am confused as to what charge you may be referring to.

We do charge a one time flat fee upon arrival and it ranges from $25-$45 based on your length of stay . This fee is associated with cost of cleaning the units at check-out, providing towel service during the stay and replenishing amenities/toiletries.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you feel these fees were not explained to you. I assure you that regardless of your method of booking, these fees are highlighted and we have no intention of hiding them from you. I would love to able to review your bill with you and can be reached by contacting the hotel.
Sauk City, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed at the coconut cove in March for our wedding. The only complaint we had was that they screwed up our reservation twice. They did accommodate all our guests and it ended up working out in the end. Beautiful rooms and pool area! Within walking distance to beach and area events. Would definitely come back again :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank RTchick21
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We just returned from our trip to Clearwater Beach. The Coconut Cove resort is very nice and is just as pictured. The rooms are big, clean, updated and have a nice kitchen efficiency. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The resort is located on the south end of beach but, it is not that far of a walk to restaurants, stores and beach. We did in fact head over to the Quality Inn beach one of the days.It was nice as well but, as someone stated previously it has a very small beach area. Much to my surprise however, the Coconut Cove has some hidden policies. There is the $10/per day parking fee but, based on the previous reviews I knew that going in. But, there is also a room cleaning fee based on the number of days you spend there. If it is a week, it is an additional $45 charge. That would be fine except they only service the rooms every 3 days and if you ask for additional towels it is another $20 up charge!!!! They do leave you enough to last the 3 days but, then what exactly am I paying the $45 for and why wouldn't room cleaning be everyday like every other hotel/resort. Also, they do not replenish the coffee in the room even at the time of cleaning if you want more it is $1 per additional K-cup. I did review their website and see no mention of this room service and/or service charge.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
23 Thank leeward131
Hazel, Kentucky
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Very nice a lot of room! We were very happy with our stay here. The room vas very clean and spacious. We arrived in the wee hours of the morning and they were happy to help us find where everything was. We were able to fix breakfast right in our room without having to spend extra money. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Alsip, Illinois
Reviewed March 4, 2014

perfect location, very clean and updated suites, nice staff
pool was WARM and clean
the only problems were the lugging the suitcases up 3 flights of stairs, and the cranky senior citizens around us.
Also, we must have went during a spring break because the crazy 25 year olds were loud.
To me and my family, we didn't really mind, but that's where the crazy seniors came into play.
The beach could be a little closer, but it was not that long of a walk.
Great location - will definitely stay here again
I did notice some tenants were not as lucky as us, for example, we had bldg C. We lucked out because we had an ocean view. Some other bldgs had views of nothing pretty.

Room Tip: nice pool close to ocean
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lovetovacation2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearwater
Pier House 60 Marina Hotel
#21 of 98 in Clearwater
TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
#10 of 32 in St. Pete Beach

Been to Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!