This was my second stay at this hotel, but I will confine my comments to the most recent. Obviously, I was pleased enough to repeat book.
On both stays I travelled with my sister and her three kids. We booked a one bedroom suite. (Note: We would have preferred a two bedroom, but can never seem to hit the availability as they are always booked. That being said we had more than enough room as the children are young.) Having the separate bedroom allowed us to put the kids to bed and still stay up to unwind at the end of a long busy day. The kitchen was well-stocked with plates, pot, etc. and came in very handy for breakfast and end of day snacks. The room and grounds are well-maintained and clean. The pool area is great....lots of loungers and cold water always available. The housekeeping staff is fantastic - friendly and efficient.
The location is excellent. The close proximity to the beach was key. Publix is a short drive to pick up staples, Wal-Greens is next door, IHOP is right across the street, and there are a variety of restaurants within walking distance.
Overall this is a great place to stay. Love the hotel, love the location, love the rooms, love the pool!
But........didn't love my interactions with most of the staff this time. These are small irritants but did affect my enjoyment during the stay.
1) On check-in (at 11:30pm after a long day of travel!), I was provided with two room key cards. After parking, trudging up to the third floor with three kids and all our baggage, I was dismayed to discover that neither card worked. The fact that the cards didn't work wasn't the problem. I've had this happen in a 5-star hotel. The response of the desk staff was! I went back down, handed her the keys and explained the problem. Her answer.... as she handed them back was 'don't put this one in your wallet or near your cell phone.' No apology, no commiseration, just blame me! Let's keep in mind that I put the keys in my shorts pocket not in my purse or near my cell.
2) A visit to the front desk one evening for an extra sheet at about 8pm yielded interesting results. I guess I was interrupting his visit with another young man. Not sure if the other person was a guest, but I was made to feel that I was disturbing an obvious non-work related conversation. I was told that he would have to go find a sheet and bring it to our room. To his credit, he did......but over two hours later! Again no apology for the inconvenience or delay.
3) One evening as my sister passed through the pool area with my nephew, she witnessed a couple engaging in rather explicit behaviour. An hour later when they returned from their errands, the same couple had upped the ante. (Insert the most graphic image you can think of here!!) While this is not the fault of the front desk staff, her reaction was less than desirable. I mentioned the pool games and was told that we should have called the desk. We were too busy fielding questions from the kids! My question is: There was obviously security walking the grounds, how did they miss this. Oh wait....he was too busy patrolling the parking areas for vehicles without a permit! I saw security walking the parking area a couple of times, but not once saw someone walk the common areas. I guess parking revenue is more important than guest safety and comfort!
All this being said, I will stay here again. I know that someone at this hotel monitors this site. Hopefully, they will read these comments and work on the customer service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-new Coconut Cove All-Suite Hotel is a charming Florida Gulf Coast getaway located just across the street from breathtaking Clearwater Beach. Created with both vacation and business travelers in mind, the resort combines a classic beach aesthetic with thoughtful traveler comforts.As an all-suite hotel, Coconut Cove All-Suite Hotel offers the ultimate value when it comes to living space, privacy, and in-room amenities. In addition to separate bedrooms, all accommodations offer a living room with pull-out sofa, kitchen with granite counters and stainless steel appliances, plus a private balcony.A tropical, heated pool awaits outdoors, complete with poolside tiki huts for your relaxation. As an added bonus, our guests enjoy direct beach and bar privileges at the Quality Beach Hotel (located directly across the street). Committed to comfort and convenience for our guests, Coconut Cove All-Suite Resort offers complimentary Wi-Fi access, a 24-hour concierge, business center, and guest laundry.A wide variety of dining, shopping, and recreation choices are nearby, making Coconut Cove Suites a perfect home base for all kinds of Florida Gulf Coast adventures.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Cove Hotel Clearwater
- Beach Clearwater
- Beach Hotel Clearwater
- Clearwater Beach Hotel