“Only place to stay on Clearwater Beach!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel

Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel
Ranked #22 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
London, Canada
“Only place to stay on Clearwater Beach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel, but I will confine my comments to the most recent. Obviously, I was pleased enough to repeat book.

On both stays I travelled with my sister and her three kids. We booked a one bedroom suite. (Note: We would have preferred a two bedroom, but can never seem to hit the availability as they are always booked. That being said we had more than enough room as the children are young.) Having the separate bedroom allowed us to put the kids to bed and still stay up to unwind at the end of a long busy day. The kitchen was well-stocked with plates, pot, etc. and came in very handy for breakfast and end of day snacks. The room and grounds are well-maintained and clean. The pool area is great....lots of loungers and cold water always available. The housekeeping staff is fantastic - friendly and efficient.

The location is excellent. The close proximity to the beach was key. Publix is a short drive to pick up staples, Wal-Greens is next door, IHOP is right across the street, and there are a variety of restaurants within walking distance.

Overall this is a great place to stay. Love the hotel, love the location, love the rooms, love the pool!

But........didn't love my interactions with most of the staff this time. These are small irritants but did affect my enjoyment during the stay.
1) On check-in (at 11:30pm after a long day of travel!), I was provided with two room key cards. After parking, trudging up to the third floor with three kids and all our baggage, I was dismayed to discover that neither card worked. The fact that the cards didn't work wasn't the problem. I've had this happen in a 5-star hotel. The response of the desk staff was! I went back down, handed her the keys and explained the problem. Her answer.... as she handed them back was 'don't put this one in your wallet or near your cell phone.' No apology, no commiseration, just blame me! Let's keep in mind that I put the keys in my shorts pocket not in my purse or near my cell.
2) A visit to the front desk one evening for an extra sheet at about 8pm yielded interesting results. I guess I was interrupting his visit with another young man. Not sure if the other person was a guest, but I was made to feel that I was disturbing an obvious non-work related conversation. I was told that he would have to go find a sheet and bring it to our room. To his credit, he did......but over two hours later! Again no apology for the inconvenience or delay.
3) One evening as my sister passed through the pool area with my nephew, she witnessed a couple engaging in rather explicit behaviour. An hour later when they returned from their errands, the same couple had upped the ante. (Insert the most graphic image you can think of here!!) While this is not the fault of the front desk staff, her reaction was less than desirable. I mentioned the pool games and was told that we should have called the desk. We were too busy fielding questions from the kids! My question is: There was obviously security walking the grounds, how did they miss this. Oh wait....he was too busy patrolling the parking areas for vehicles without a permit! I saw security walking the parking area a couple of times, but not once saw someone walk the common areas. I guess parking revenue is more important than guest safety and comfort!

All this being said, I will stay here again. I know that someone at this hotel monitors this site. Hopefully, they will read these comments and work on the customer service!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank VegasLovesTheBeach
Kendra W, General Manager at Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
VegasLovesTheBeach,

It is always great to hear when a guest chooses to stay with us again. I am so sorry that you did not experience the same service from our staff the second time around. I will be taking your comments and sharing them with the staff to ensure that we do not make the same mistakes.

We are very limited on the 2 BR Suites, we actually only have a total of 4. Please let me know when you plan on returning and we can go ahead and get it reserved for your sister, her children and you.

I appreciate you taking the time to point out the positive and negative aspects of your stay. Now I can address and correct these issues.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The location was great. Stayed from Aug. 5-11th. I was with my teenage son and we had a ball. The room is a very nice size with great amenities. Bed is comfortable with fluffy pillows and a down comforter. Nice bathroom, again large with a free safe and iron/Ironing board.in the closet. They provide plenty of towels as well as beach towel size. Full size refrigerator (pack your ice trays, none in kitchen). Full dish set for 4. Same with silverware and glasses. All pots and pans available and if you don't have one, call the front desk and they will bring it up. Stove is a decent size with 4 burners and a oven. Dishwasher as well and they provide the dishwasher detergent. Balcony is a nice size and the chairs and table are pretty nice.

The pool looked very nice, we did not get a chance to go in because we were at the beach all the time. Its right across the street. Private beach was nice, got an awesome tan. Not that big but worth it as the public beach is nice as well but its PACKED. People everywhere and you have to rent the chairs and umbrella to half way enjoy the beach. At the private beach there is space where you can lay out a beach towel or blanket and enjoy without having to rent any chairs unless you desire to. Also the private beach has a beach restaurant/bar that serves decent food and nice frosty drinks.

Everything is close by. IHOP across the street. Great Italian restaurant next door that offers %10 of as the IHOP. Plenty more restaurants in walking distance. I had a friend take me to the supermarket so I was able to buy breakfast and lunch foods and snacks for the room. That helped save money tremendously especially having the snacks. The Walgreens in pretty high for drinks, snacks, etc. Bring your own suntan lotion cause again those type of items were really high priced. I walked down to Pier 60 area pretty regularly with no problems. Its about a 15 minute walk but its a nice visual walk as you are walking right down the road of the beach so its an ocean walk.

I would definitely stay again, in fact, I plan to bring more family members with me next time.

Room Tip: I had a corner suite overlooking the pool and it was perfect. I would only recommend the pool rooms...
2 Thank KAsheDC
KAsheDC,

It sounds like you were able to take in all that Clearwater Beach has to offer. Our Suites do provide many advantages for people staying an extended period of time, especially families with the extra space and fully equipped kitchens our suites offer. Not everyone wants to cook when on vacation, but there is a huge savings when you are able to prepare some of the meals.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with other travelers and providing them with some travel tips to help save money. We look forward to your next stay with us at the Coconut Cove.
Morecambe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

booked the hotel whilst staying in orlando so we could meet up with friends.Driving up to reception thought it looked a bit rough, inside again a bit rough.Up to the rooms both aok ,.Went down to the pool bottles of iced water, free, plenty of sunbeds available, nice little pool. Did not try to cook in room plenty of restaurants nearby. Plenty of parking on site. Would go there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank bigchip1
Bigchip1,

We do get comments from guest that are a bit leery about the property when they first arrive, however once they get past our lobby building and see the pool area as well as get to the suites, they are happy. Our property layout makes it difficult and does not give the hotel the justice it deserves to someone passing by. We welcome any ideas and appreciate you taking the time comment about your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This place is very cozy, clean, enjoyable, in a great area and great for relaxation, I will say for honeymooners too. It is very clean and organized. The staff was great, friendly and eager to serve.
Mr. Nick Choudhury give us tons of information. He was very knowledgeable and answered every question, great person. I will stay there again and again and will recommended to anyone.
Thank you for the great easy time.

Room Tip: Since I have no complains the best I can do is to recommend the place and let each visitor to judge...
Freckle60,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Nick, as you can see in previous posts is a great asset to our hotel and I am glad he was able to make your stay a memorable one. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future and appreciate you recommending our property to others.
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

The website for this resort had pictures that truly represented the resort. It was wonderful. We had a one bedroom suite with a pull out sofa bed and full kitchen. Staff very friendly and prompt if you needed anything done. Staff very friendly. Flat screen TV in bedroom and living room area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kendra W, General Manager at Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Janet,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share you experience regarding your stay with us at the Coconut Cove.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we would love to have you stay with us again.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We booked the 2 bedroom 2 bath for 3 days, and the location and price were perfect for my husband and I with his brother and wife and our 2 infants. One room had double beds and the other a king-size bed along with a pull-out couch, lots of places to sleep! Also had a full kitchen so we were able to cook breakfast while we were there and take care of the babies pretty comfortably. The location itself will fool you when you pull up, but it's much bigger than it looks... Although the hotel is not directly on the beach, it's a quick walk across the street or about half mile down there's a pretty decent beach that was usually way too packed for our enjoyment - we ended up driving down to Siesta Key for a day. The attached restaurant was actually really good for take-out and with a Walgreens with a liquor store next door - we were able to get pretty much whatever we needed or forgot right there without having to fight traffic and parking each time we needed something, it was great!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank kerthom5
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wonderful resort. Recommend the 7 day all-inclusive package. Bang for your buck...especially if you have teens who sleep in! Had 4 people in a one bedroom suite. LR, BR, and bath good size and very clean. Kitchen modern and well-equipped. Intimate and private pool allows for socialization with other guests. Made great friends. Great location. Definitely going back :)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jennifer H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearwater
Pier House 60 Marina Hotel
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach
Shephard's Beach Resort
Shephard's Beach Resort
#16 of 95 in Clearwater

Been to Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!