“Great Find!!”

Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel
Ranked #29 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed April 12, 2012

It is always a gamble when picking a place to stay while on vacation. My nerves were eased when I called The Coconut Cove Resort and talked to Tina. When we arrived at the propertly, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the place was. Our room balcony faced a beautiful bridge, the gulf, and overlooked the pool. Our room was updated and clean, I did look for bed bugs and did NOT see any. The king bed was very comfortable. Staff cleaned daily and did an outstanding job. We got new bath towels daily. They do provide beach towels as needed, so don't waste space in your luggage for them. Kitchen was well equiped. They provided dish soap and dishwasher soap. Kitchen garbage can was way too small. They also supply shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and bar soap.
Pool area was beautiful. It stayed open pretty late which was nice for the kids when they wanted to take one more dip before bed. There were several chase lounge chairs.
You do have to pay $10 for parking daily. This was ok with me because parking by the beach would have cost at least $10 a day.
Coconut Cove Resort does have access to a private beach. I thought it was small. We spent most of our time by Pier 60. It takes 20 minutes by foot to get there. We spent time on the beach, umbrellas can be rented for $25.00 a day. At Pier 60, my boys caught all kinds of different kinds of fish.
There is an Itailian restaurant, Walgreens, and a gas station very close to the hotel. IHOP is across the street.
Water in general in the area has a sulfer taste, so find a Walmart and get some bottled water. We went to a Publex that is close by, but found it to be pretty expensive.
I got to meet Tina in person. She is a gem and an awesome representative of Coconut Cove Resort.
Washer and dryer on site. 1.25-1.50 and equipment was efficient.
Coconut Cove is a great place to take a family. It was truely a home away from home for a picky chick.
Downfalls: Parking is under the facility so you must climb a minimum of one flight of stairs. We were on the 3rd floor and the steps got old quickly.

8  Thank rnmum3

Reviewed April 12, 2012

At the risk of burying the lede, I must begin by pointing out that this place is a resort only if you put 99% of the weight on the fact that Clearwater Beach is a resort. This is a motel. It's a nice, clean, reasonably convenient motel with very large, well-equipped rooms (suites) that would be great for a family making an extended stay. I was traveling solo, and for me it was merely average.

The location is fine. It's about a mile south of Pier 60, the center of Clearwater Beach. You can get anywhere using a variety of options ranging from walking to jitney to on-demand, work-for-tips minibuses. I have to give a shoutout to the jitney, known here as the Jolley Trolley, because I left my wallet on one of the buses and they really went out of their way to return it to me. You can buy an all-day Trolley ticket for $4.50. It's a good deal if you want to be mobile without a car. Bring exact change though.

Back to the motel, the bad news is that they charge $10 a day for parking. The good news is that most of the parking is in the shade. I had a standard king suite. Note that there are no elevators and I think all of the rooms require some stairs. You enter into a large living room/kitchen. The living room is sparely furnished. The pullout couch and chairs were spectacularly uncomfortable for sitting. I did not evaluate it for sleeping. There's a tall bar-type table with 3 stools. This ended up being the most comfortable place to sit and watch the 32" flat screen TV.

Privacy buffs should note that the rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows looking out to the outdoor hallway. There are blinds which do an adequate job. People do hang out in that hallway sometimes.

The kitchen is great. Fully equipped with good quality appliances, including microwave, full stove/oven and full-size refrigerator. In a nice touch they leave you dish soap both for the sink and dishwasher. There are enough dishes for 4 people. I'm sure you can get more if you ask. Many of my fellow lodgers cooked delicious-smelling breakfasts in these kitchens.

The bedroom has a door and a reasonably comfortable bed and pillows and another TV. There's good space for unpacking into drawers. It's a quiet part of Clearwater Beach so once the neighbors settled down I slept well. There's a small balcony overlooking the parking lot. The bathroom is fine.

The room needs more lights and the switches are oddly placed. Cleanliness is good. The staff is pleasant and helpful. Wifi is free and adequate.

The motel sits across the street from the beach but you can use the Quality Inn beach which is small but conveniently close. The pool is small but nicely set up with lounges and tables. There's a pizza place and a crappy little Walgreens with a liquor store next door. The Publix supermarket is a couple of miles away and can be reached by the Trolley.

If you're a family of 3 or 4 and would fully utilize the space, this would be an excellent choice. For a solo traveler it was okay but not ideal.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Frank T
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We were on a vacation to just relax and enjoy the good weather and Phillies spring training.....and were looking for a suite as we were staying for a week but were making our reservations last minute; the all suite hotel was very clean and the housekeeping services were excellent; the servicing of the outdoor areas was wonderful; this is a family resort and at the time we were there, with lots of kids of every age around, and there was never a noise problem. The suites have been completely redone and the beds were most comfortable. The suite was a good size for us. Hotel was convenient to all locations we were visiting by car and was within walking distance of Clearwater Beach restaurants/Pier 60, etc. Beach access was through sister hotel across the street, which was OK for us. Front office personnel were friendly and helpful. I would definately go back to this hotel next year.

Room Tip: Building B and C offer a view of the pool area. Rooms are up one or two levels and there is not an...
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We had previously stayed and reviewed the Quality Inn and Suites in CLearwater and were very impressed and wanted to return. Unfortunately, they were fully booked but recommended their new sister hotel across the street called Coconut Cove.

Althought there are no lifts in this 2 storey hotel that is the only negative thing I could say. The 1 bedroom suite was brilliant with a fully fitted kitchen including a cooker, microwave, dishwasher, sink, full sized fridge freezer and enough cups, glasses and silverware for a family of 6!! It was well spaced out and proportioned and the pool view balcony was very relaxing.

The staff at both hotels were exceptional and I cannot speak highly enough about their friendliness and their help and assistance. Both hotels are situated in a great location near enough to the shops, restaurants and beach walk but far enough away to avoid the noise and hustle of this busy beach resort. It was really great that we could use all the facilities of the other hotel and the little beach and beach towels. It costs about $20 a day to high two loungers, cushions, table and umbrella and the pool bar has a waitress service on the beach serving a range of beverages and bar food.

Will definitely be returning to either of these hotels on our next visit and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Room Tip: Pool / beach view rooms are very relaxing and very nice
2  Thank kerrymartin71
Reviewed March 28, 2012

After booking a horrible motel in Tampa, I jumped on my iphone and lucked upon Coconut Cove. I am SO happy I did. My first impression was a little bit of worry since it looked so small compared to all of the bigger massive hotels in Clearwater Beach. I would not trade my stay here for any of them now that I've been here. The staff were all amazing, so friendly and ever so helpful for even the smallest things. Our room was a double queen suite on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool. It was perfect for our family of 4. It was immaculately clean and everything was brand new. The kitchen is immpressive as was the bathroom. All new applicances, and beautifully tiled. The pool was so tropical and with the piped in music, I felt like I was back on a cruise to the carribbean. There was plenty of seating and the lounge chairs were padded so they were comfortable as well. There was also a few tiki tables that had plenty of shade for anyone who enjoys the pool area but not the sun. The staff recommended the italian restauraunt next door and it was delicious. It was within walking distance of a Walgreens and multiple surf/shops. I would highly recommend this property and will be going back again soon. Thank you again to all of the staff that made our stay wonderful and memorable!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. And check out the fresh coffee in the lobby!
4  Thank VoorheesFam
Reviewed March 27, 2012

First, let's define this place properly: It's a motel. Plain and simple, people. It's a motel.

Now, I have nothing against motels--I've stayed at some fine such establishments across this great land of ours--but I do take exception with overpriced and misrepresented motels.

This place, wedged not-so-charmingly in between two convenience stores, was asking more than $300 per night in March. Now, granted, it might be classified as a more upscale motel than some and baseball's spring training season in Clearwater creates quite a demand, but a full-service hotel across the causeway--beautiful views, lovely decor, breakfast in bed, amazing pool--was charging less. I should know because I packed my bags after one night at Coconut Cove and headed there. Never looked back.

To give the fine folks at Coconut Cove a bit of credit, the rooms were, indeed, very tidy and updated. Their staff was friendly and the location is convenient. It was just WAY out of sync with my expectations.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank WordGirl1968
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Just returned from an eight (8) day stay at the Coconut Cove and have to say that overall the property was nice however there were some minor issues. I would describe the property as more of a Motel than a Resort due to the fact that there is no restaurant or lounge on the premises. The parking lot is located on the ground floor (under) the facility therefore all the rooms are located on the 2nd and 3rd floors and the facility is without an elevator. Also not sure why but the facility charges a $10 daily parking fee to guest that already paid to stay in their facility. I have stayed at many other Hotels on the beach that didn't charge guest that were staying at there facility. Sort of double dipping! I would caution against getting a room on the north side of the building next to the Walgreens due to the street noise. Every night between the hours of 1 AM and 3 AM the Patrons of Billy D's Bar spilled into the street and Walgreens parking lot causing numerous arguments and fights among men and women. You would think that the local Police Department would be aware of this nightly event due to the fact that there is a Police Precinct directly behind the Coconut Cove. Then almost like clockwork at 6AM the delivery trucks for Walgreens arrive and it sounds like they are unloading trucks right in your room!
The suite appeared to be very new and was very clean. Housekeeping was great and kept the room very clean and well maintained. The bedrooms in the suite were very spacious however the living room did not have enough furniture to accommodate the number of guest that a two bedroom suite would have. The pool area is of a "Resort" quality and is really a hidden gem and by far the best part of the Motel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the north side rooms!
4  Thank Dbirddog