“A little slice of NY”

Boardwalk Pizza & Gyros
Ranked #230 of 713 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Wow, this pizza is awesome! It is made fresh with fresh ingredients. The pricing for what you get is excellent. While the restaurant itself is not large it is neat and clean with a scenic view of a pleasant pond with water fixture. If you need suggestions for toppings they are always helpful and spot on with taste. The crust is a fantastic hand tossed crust (though you can get the thick Sicilian style) and the sauce is a perfect compliment. The slices are large, as you would get in NY so it will fill you quickly. We did try the Philly Steak and was well worth it though I am partial to their pizza. They are quick and can be in and out in under 20 minutes. This is well worth the stop if you are in the area and won't be disappointed. This is a small business where the staff are the owners and take vested interest in their customers.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

I had the chance to eat at Boardwalk again last month. It's in a good location near Countryside mall, so it's easy to pop in for a quick bite. The restaurant is long and narrow with the kitchen behind the big counter to the left, and about half a dozen booths on the right. The dining area was neat and clean, and my order for a large mushroom, green pepper and cheese was taken promptly.

The piping hot pizza was served up about 15 minutes later, and it looked great. And when I say piping hot, it was really hot, and had to let it cool a few minutes before I could even pick it up. The toppings were very flavorful and tasted fresh, as they had been on my first visit. The crust was light and crisp, and provided a good foundation for the toppings above. Overall, a very good pizza with lots of flavor, and toppings that blended with sauce and crust well.

The pizzas are well priced, and a good value for the size and toppings. There are gyros and sandwiches on the menu, which I'll probably never get to as long as the pizza is this good. Overall, a very good pie, which places Boardwalk on my list of pizza places I'd like to return to. On a 5 point scale, I rate it:

Atmosphere: 3