“Menu Changes?”
Review of Besa Grill - CLOSED

Besa Grill
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Besa Grill is a contemporary grill with a modern Mexican twist, bringing vibrant flavors and fresh ingredients into the local culinary spotlight. Besa Grill elevates modern Mexican cooking to new heights. Besa, the Spanish word for “kiss”, demonstrates our passion and flair in our cooking and in everything that we do. From our food which has exceptional flavor and taste to our hand crafted cocktails, unrivaled margaritas and our full line of tequilas, Besa Grill will be a dining experience like no other.
Somerville, NJ
“Menu Changes?”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I am a fan of Besa grill and go there whenever I am in town. There have been some changes on the menu, however, that lead me to believe that a new chef, new owner, or a change in quality has happened.

My beloved Tuna Crisps used to cope as three crisps per order. Now I see that you can order 1-3 separately and the tuna is now of the slice variety versus the chopped tatare variety. It is skimpier and doesn't have the same taste. Disappointing.

The skirt steak, that I have always loved, came out very greasy tasting and the chimchurri sauce, while good was in such a small amount that it was hard to enjoy. Lastly what happened to the great rajas! Gone from the menu, however I asked for some and they did appear - but they tasted more like green pepper - no spice.

I will try one more time but I think in efforts to decrease costs the quality is suffering. Don't skimp on the good stuff guys, thats why we come back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank NJgirl5

Ireland
“Good food, great service, massive quantities”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My most lasting memory of Besa is the massive guacamole appetizer. For two people it was enough for a meal. Our meals were good values for the money, but only slightly above average. Our waiter, Mike, had a wonderful sense of humor and was very knowledgeable about the wines and menu options. Would I go back? Probably, but there are other good restaurants in the area that I'd like to try.

• Visited April 2013
Surrey
“Good menu”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Besa Grill is tucked away in a shopping mall on the outskirts of Clearwater so not on the usual tourist trail. We thought we'd give it a try as the menu wasn't the normal run of the mill american fare and we weren't disappointed. Nice modern decor with outside dining patio too. The food was good as was the service - which was actually a bit too quick but perhaps this was because they weren't very busy the night we visited. Some unusual options such as duck nachos which really enjoyed.

Visited March 2013
southeast
“Service and food superb”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our first visit to this little place in a moderately upscale shopping area near Safety Harbor FL. The decore is a mixture of blacks and greys, very attractive. The staff has engaging smiles and greet you warmly. Happy hour from 3 to 7 each evening with $2 off all drinks not just well and house wines. There is a couples prix fixe menu 3 courses for $25 so you can eat here very reasonably or you can order a la carte for a good value when you consider the quality of the food and service.
Our table of four had salads, a pork osso buco, a delmonico steak and two of us had the grilled scallops and shrimp over angel hair pasta. Portions were large and very well done. The scallops and shrimp were cooked just to done, tender and moist, wonderful flavor when combined with the silky cream sauce of the pasta. The steak was nicely grilled even at medium well temperature (I like my beef rare) it was flavorful and juicy. The pork osso buco with garlic mashed potatoes was very tasty with a very flavorful demi glace and was a very healthy sized portion.
The manager stopped by to check on all tables and offer his thanks for our patronage.

• Visited March 2013
Palm Harbor, FL
“AMAZING! Really good food and drinks!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Very good food, a little on the pricey side, but still amazing and fresh and good! Eat at Besa for casual or formal dining experiences!

Visited March 2013