“Good Greek outside of Tarpon”
Review of Mythos Greek Taverna - CLOSED

Mythos Greek Taverna
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Used to be called Acropolis Greek Taverna at the same location for which you have several reviews
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I'm always on the look out for good greek food, somewhere south of Tarpon, as I'm often headed towards St Pete or Largo...BINGO! What a lovely place...warm, welcoming, with top notch service, and truly delicious food. What a treat-as I wasn't sure what to expect. The belly dancer after uor meal was just the icing in the cake. Only down side-I'm not big on Greek wines:(

Reviewed January 10, 2013

They had a very good happy hour which was at the table and not at bar. I am from Chicago and have been to Greek town several times so I was skeptical. The food was very good we had the gyros and someone had the pastitsio. Both dishes were very good and we brought a doggy bag home. The only difference I have seen was potato salad on your Greek salad so that is a surprise so ask first or you will be suprised . The salad dressing was also like a thousand Island not like a Greek dressing you typically have. I would come back to this restaurant . Don't always think if you had Greek at home it will be the same so ask questions about your food.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and I went to Mythos for the first time last week. We had the Groupon deal. I must say, I very rarely write reviews, either good or bad, but felt this place was so incredible, I had to write about it.

Our server, Lee, was excellent. She greeted us as soon as we walked in the door, escorted us to a table in the bar area with a great water view, and immediately let us know about the specials, including happy hour! I wanted a glass of wine, but was unsure about the Greek wines. Lee asked me some questions about my wine preferences, made some excellent suggestions, and even brought a sample of the one she recommended for me to try. It was a wonderful wine!

We started out with the saganaki, or flaming cheese appetizer. What a treat! And the rest of our meal was just as exquisite. Everything was presented so well, cooked to perfection. Lee was very attentive and made us feel right at home. My husband ordered the lamb shank and it was so tender and delicious that even I liked it, and I normally don't like lamb. I had the pastitsio and wanted to lick the plate to get every last morsel!

The only negative I have was the attitude of a man, who I assumed must be the owner. He kept coming out from the back, standing at the corner of the bar, and continually barked orders and berated the serving staff. I don't think he realized that the customers, especially those in the bar area, could hear him so clearly. This put a bit of a damper on our experience, since we could see that the staff was doing an excellent job. I considered giving only 4 stars because of this, but decided that everything else (the service, the food, the atmosphere) all deserved the highest marks.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I couldn't even finish eating because I wanted to write this review and share how amazing it was! I had the greek salad with gyro meat, and the avgolemono (chicken soup with lemon); I've never seen so much meat on a salad! A carnivore's favorite salad for sure, seemed like there was one piece of meat for every piece of lettuce! It also came with a large dollop of potato salad, yum! And the dressing was pretty awesome too, not your standard oil & vinegar. I usually don't eat the pita bread, but it was reeeaaalll good, and that tzatziki sauce... Mmmmm! The soup was yummy, but next time I won't order it just because that salad is such a generous portion and now I feel like a stuffed Thanksgiving turkey, and I didn't even eat everything- which I ALWAYS eat everything on my plate (isn't that what mama taught us?)! I got this order to go, and found out that my server was even Greek! All the staff is very friendly and ask how you are, and make sure you leave happy! Definitely one of the best Greek restaurants around this side of the Bay.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The food is excellent and so is the ambience. There are views of a lake which is very pretty. I have eaten lunch and dinner here and have enjoyed every meal. The service is incredible, waiter knowing what you want before you ask. Excellent ethnic restaurant.