“The best greek food in town-forget about Tarpon Springs”
Review of Mythos Greek Taverna - CLOSED

Mythos Greek Taverna
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Used to be called Acropolis Greek Taverna at the same location for which you have several reviews
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Now this is the place to come for great greek food. Terrific service and a lakefront location makes it the perfect place to meet friends for drinks or a great dinner with whomever.

The entrance is off the side of a large office building but once you walk in the atmosphere is completely different! Nice large bar area, a meeting room that's always open to any group even if it's just for parties. A great place to hold baby showers, events, meetings, birthday parties, you name. The rest of the restaurant is a mix of table and booths that overlook the lovely lake area. They even have patio dining with tiki torches, relaxing couches and did I mention great service?

The Tyroslata (whipped feta spread served with toasted bread) is to die for! Everyone loves that dish. The baked feta with tomatoes and herbs is another fav and their mussells (made with a little ouzo) are fabulous! Hubby gets the octopus evertime we come because it's the best around. (We've tried it in Tarpon and it's not fresh, they get it from a completely different region of the world than mythos so you can really tell the difference)

For dinner we've had the Mousaka, Pastitsio, gyros, and much more and it's all soooo good. The chicken Mylos (chicken breast medallions in a red wine sauce with mushrooms, artichokes, onions & red peppers -served over rice) is one of my favs! Now anyone who knows me knows I am not a big fan of lamb, but here, it's cooked so well, so fall off the bone tender, moist & delicious, this could definitely reform me.

So all in all, a great place to come for any occassion. They have live bands on Saturday evenings, internation dance club atmosphere late Saturday nights and a gorgeous (did I mention gorgeous?) belly dancer Friday and Saturday nights who even does fire shows.

So forget Tarpon Springs! Why go where the tourists go when you now have the inside scoop on real greek cuisine!

1  Thank vgonzalez2034

Reviewed March 27, 2012

There are so many great Greek dishes on the menu it's hard to decide what to get. I went with the Greek Combo with samples of four entrees. Super. My wife did the Mousaka. Also excellent. Both entrees included a Greek salad and soup. Service was approaching the level of fine dining.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

We ate dinner here on a Saturday evening. There was a nice trio playing as well as periodic shows by a great belly dancer.

The waiter was extremely knowledgeable and fun. He was quick to respond to any needs.

The food was all quite good and reasonably priced. I can’t say that any item was particularly great. But there was nothing wrong with anything.

For a fun night out with a group of friends, this is a wonderful choice.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I stumbled on this place by accident. My daughter and I were in the area and starving. Don't be put off by the entrance door...very charming inside on small "lake." We had a great server and the meal started with a feta "spread" and warm pita that my daughter and I actually fought over. We both had the Acropolis salad and I am sorry we didn't order two different dishes to compare. It was wonderful! I will definitely go back there when we are out that way. It is not close to where I live but I will make the trip! My daughter was interested n the Friday Salsa night.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Ate here with colleagues twice this week, the first time because of a referral from our hotel, the second time because Mythos is AWESOME! Our server Kerry recommended dishes from the extensive menu and her choices were superb. I had lamb shank that was so tender and sweet, it makes me hungry just thinking about it. Happy hour ended at 7, shortly after we arrived, but she got our orders in under the wire, and even managed a second one for some of our crowd. The owner Dimitri was so glad to have us, we felt like honored guests. If you are staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Clearwater, you MUST eat at Mythos!