“Short Walk To The Beach & Awesome Staff”

Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach
Ranked #56 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
“Short Walk To The Beach & Awesome Staff”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Staff is great. Short walk to beach. Call Inn directly for reservation. Their price is probably better than discount sites. Kathy & staff WILL remember you & what rooms you like. Call as soon as you know trip dates. We prefer 1st floor kitchen suites & sitting outside with wine coolers. We talk to everyone walking by & pass out cold bottles of water. Best rooms for the $$ & always upgrading property. If issue talk to Kathy. Except for winning lotto #'s, she can fix anything. Drove non stop from DFW to Inn,due to mother in laws death, during 4th of July, without reservation. Gave us one of her best rooms, early ck in (to sleep) & @ great price."WE MET KATHY & STAFF when our "old" favorite website, sent us down the street. Photo's w/ waterfall pool & great rooms that stunk, dirty green water in dishwasher with roaches. Arrived @ 6am with promised early am ck in. Office did not open until 9am when staff & owner arrived" We checked out & showed up @ Travel Lodge, greeted us with open arms. NOW we only stay here & have for more than 8 years. We consider everyone part of our family. Trips have been for the 2 of us & others including family members sometimes 2 x's a year. Karla Dickey-Robbins

Room Tip: Our favorite room front corner 1st floor w/kitchen. Rooms very quite. Room outside of elevator &...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steven R
travel401, General Manager at Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Good Morning,
I thank you so much for taking the time for your review and your very kind words. We have just the best guests visiting with us and we are always so glad when they return again and again. Call me when you have your next dates set up so I can get your room ready. Take care..........
Always,
Kathy & Seaside Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
North Walsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Firstly, the positives. This hotel is a stone's throw from the beautiful & relaxed Clearwater Beach. The guy on reception was a lovely guy, making us feel very welcome & recommending somewhere to eat. There's a McD's across the street which was handy for coffees & there are 2 excellent restaurants (Crabby Bill's & Frenchy's) within a minutes walk from the hotel. The beds were comfy & we had a kitchenette area.

Now, the negatives. When we walked in, my family just looked at me & said "Are you sure this is our room?" The room was functional & clean, but just looked so tired & dated. There were a noisy family who seemed to be hosting a party in the room next door, spending half the night laughing & shouting on the balcony and the other half in the corridor arguing & screaming. They even mistakenly tried our door several times which freaked my kids out a little.

The location outweighed the décor of the room though & we did have an amazing weekend in Clearwater Beach. I didn't expect a palace as I knew this was a budget hotel, but when I return to Clearwater Beach, I'll pay the extra & stay somewhere a bit more modern.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Airwolf73
travel401, General Manager at Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Good Day,
Thank you so much for your review and kind words. Yes, the location is just perfect. Yes, we are a older hotel but we do take pride in our hotel. We are always doing something to upgrade our property and our rooms. I do hope you give us another try when you return to Clearwater Beach but if you are looking for a newer hotel The Hyatt is also located across from the beach. Take care
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I booked Thru Hotwire, When I got to the place and ask the front desk guy, can I get a Ocean View Suite, he said, you are lucky to get a closet with a window, when you go thru Hotwire, we give you what we can't sell "The Front desk guy said". He was correct, I got a very small room with a view to a place next door that at that moment were doing a drug deal.
Called Hotwire and because there was nothing they could do, They gave me small credit. With the credit they gave me, I booked Intercontinental in Tampa and only cost me $40.00 out of pocket. Intercontinental is a 5 star Hotel with professional staff for $80.00 less than the dump "Seaside Inn & Suites Clear Water.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank PinadaBridgeport
Good Day,
I am so sorry you had this bad experience during your visit to our hotel. When you made your reservation thru 3rd party web site the only room available was the economy room which is what you received. If it was not a sold out weekend we would have done whatever possible to make your stay with us enjoyable. I will also be discussing your comments with the front desk.
If you do return to Clearwater Beach and are willing to give us another try, please call me directly.
Take care
Kathy & Team

Travelers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Tampa, FL
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is an older property but you can not beat the location. Right across from the beach with great restaurants right next door. The McDonald's is 2 doors down from this property also, for those that are on a budget. The room I had included 2 queen beds, fold out sofa and a kitchenette. Again, this is a budget property and needs a little TLC but you won't find another place so close to the beach for the low cost of the room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank MaryKayTampa_FL
travel401, General Manager at Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Good Day,
Thank you for taking the time for our review. It was a pleasure having you visit with us. Your review will help others know how close everything is to our hotel. Hope to see you again on your next visit to Beautiful Clearwater Beach. Take care
Reviewed May 24, 2014

First of all I want to thank the GM Cathy for the upgrade to a beach view room as well as anniversary greeting card.
Our stay was wonderful, our room was so clean and sized ok for 4 of us. The place is well pointed at the beach. Our room 206 has a very nice view even though it's in the 2nd floor.
I'll definitely stay there again, and I will highly recommended to my friends and all of you.
Book your room with Seaside and have a peace if mind.
Enjoy your stay folks in seaside inn and suites in clearwater beach.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Attaalla4
travel401, General Manager at Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Good Day,
Thank you so much for your review and very kind words. It was a pleasure having you visit with us. We enjoy celebrating with our guests. Call us when you are ready to visit with us again. Take care of each other.
Kathy & Seaside team
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The location was great because it was walking distance to the beach, restaurants and other activities. The Hotel itself? I would check other hotels! For the price, I expected more. The hotel was run down and needed cleaning. The elevator was SMALL. The pillows were small/flat. Wi-Fi not stable. Little Debbie Donuts for the free breakfast . I won't be a return customer

Room Tip: Ground floors are better due to poor Elevators. The elevator is so small it took 4 trips to take our...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeanie H
Good Morning,
Thank you for taking the time for your survey. I am sorry you were not happy with our hotel. yes, we are older but we take a lot of pride in our little hotel. We cannot do anything about the size of the elevator but we can always make sure it is clean. We are limited on what we can have on our breakfast bar since we have limited space and we have to follow the Health Dept requirements.
We will be repainting our building within the next few months which is going to look great. I do hope you stop by the next time you visit our beautiful beach. Take care
Kathy & Seaside team
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Me and my parents were only staying here for the one night and for that length of time we enjoyed the apartment. We had two rooms and they were a good size. The sea view was absolutely amazing, it also has a small small to enjoy.

The accommodation is also very close to pier 60 and lots of shops/restaurants.

I felt the downside was the difficult to use shower, my parents called about theirs and learned how to use it, I gave up on mine. My door (204) also needed to be properly closed as it didn't close itself.

Overall me and my parents enjoyed the stay and would definitely return for another short stay.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Toeatornotto
Good morning,
Thank you so much for taking the time for your review. We are glad you all enjoyed your visit. I will have maintenance take a look at the shower and front door, thank you for letting me know. Hope to see you again soon. Take care