“Room was clean and had everything we needed. Ideally...”

Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach
Ranked #53 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Gloucester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Upon my late arrival a friendly staff member quickly checked me in and directed me to my smoke-free room. After a good nights sleep, I awoke to my clean and spacious room. they have a nice clean pool and deck area protected from the sea breezes and in the sun the whole day. i will be back. Thank you Kathy for the helpful information you gave me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

travel401, General Manager at Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Good Day,
Thank you for your review and kind words. So glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Just call us............Take care and Happy Holidays
Regards,
Falls Church
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Very nice beach hotel/motel. walking distance to many awesome places to eat and drink. We'll be going back for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Morning,
Thank you for taking the time for our review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and Beautiful Clearwater Beach. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Take care
Happy Holidays
Lehigh Acres
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

The Hotel staff was exceptional going out of their way to make sure my group had the best experience. We tend to be loud when we all get together and the staff made every effort to allow us the space we needed to visit without effecting the other guest, although we made up a lot of the hotel. They went beyond what they needed to, even placing a sign in the lobby wishing my mom a happy birthday. was a wonderful experience. Kathy you ROCK thank you for taking extra special care of all my family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Good morning,
It was our pleasure having you and your family visit with us for your Moms Special Day...........
You have a wonderful family.............Now, when you can plan a get away call me............
Wishing you all a Very Good Holiday Season...............
Take care
St. John's, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

We chose to stay at the Travelodge at our one night visit to Clearwater Beach earlier in November and because they weren't busy, they upgraded up to a beach view for no extra cost :) First off, I want to state that the staff here were exceptionally friendly and helpful. They gave us extra towels whenever we requested them (pop by the front desk or find someone cleaning a room) and even allowed us to keep our vehicle parked there while we stayed at the beach the next day even though we had checked out (check-out is 11am).

Keeping this in mind, the hotel itself is very dated.

We got the elevator on the way up because we had a few things with us, but it was cramped (could fit like two people), and generally freaked us all out so we took the steps every other opportunity after that. I'm not sure about the rest of the hotel, but our room was old and it was noticeable. The floors had deep green carpet that looked clean, but one of my roommates had to wash her feet because they were black after walking on the carpet for a bit...The room has wallpaper (?) on the walls and the bathroom shower was tiled and resembled one which you'd find in a gym. The grout on the bottom of the shower was kind of dirty looking, and I honestly had to consider whether I should wear sandals when I got in (I think it was just from use though, the rest of the bathroom was clean). Water pressure was pretty good though. There's no fan in the bathroom, instead you have to open the window that's high up in the shower. There's also a large pot light in the bathroom on a dial for some strange reason. We never used it because it was like being under the sun as soon as it came on (light and heat wise). The metal-looking patina/finish (?) of the faucet and the drain of the sink was peeling. Some of the wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling at the edges and there were a dozen little ants moving around on the wall near the ceiling. I have no idea where they came from, but they didn't go away after the first night so I ended up having to kill them. They were pretty tiny, but I think they were ants. It was hard to tell. They didn't come back after that. Might be worth noting that a restaurant near the hotel was being fumigated while we stayed there (not sure for what though).

The beds were soft but not too bad. Sheets looked clean. We didn't use the TV, but it was a flat screen (probably the only thing new in the room unfortunately). The room also had an alarm clock, a mini fridge, a small coffeemaker and coffee, a small microwave, wall-mounted hair dryer, new-looking iron and ironing board, two chairs out on the deck, and two chairs at the small table in the room. There's a safe which they charge $1.50 for, but we never got charged. There's a mirror out in the entranceway to the room, but there weren't any plug-ins out there and the lighting was too poor to do your make-up, so you can't really use it for much.

We didn't use the pool, but we did lounge out by there on the second day when it was a bit too cool to go swimming at the beach. Not sure if it's heated or not. It's only small, but you're like 30 feet from the beach, so you probably won't use it much anyway. There are chairs and stuff out there.

The hotel provides free wifi which worked rather well, and a complimentary continental breakfast until 10am I believe, which as far as continental breakfasts go, was a little disappointing. It included toast, two types of cereal, apple and orange juice, two pre-packaged sweets (not really sure what they were, looked like some type of rolled pastry and a moon pie), oatmeal, coffee, and tea. I would have liked to have some type of fruit (apple or orange or something), or even the option of a bagel, but hey, it's continental and it's complimentary. I brought my own soy milk for the oatmeal, but there wasn't a microwave out there so the guy at the front desk was kind enough to put it in the staff microwave for me :) I could have walked back up to our room, but it was on the fourth floor and he offered haha. Like I said, the service was great.

Despite everything I've said, the only thing that really bothered me when we stayed here were the towels. We ended up having a couple towels each because we took them to the beach with us, and those included the towels provided in the room and the towels we got from the nice cleaning lady. Some of them were stained. Since they were white, the stains were quite noticeable. I don't know if maybe they need to have a chat with the people who clean their towels for them or what, but if you are reading this Travelodge owners, please please please have your staff check the towels before providing them to guests!!! It is seriously disturbing to have dirty towels. Most people will forgive as long as the towels and the bed sheets are fresh, but this grossed me out so much.

Overall, with the great view (on the ocean side), the price, the friendly staff, and the provision of breakfast, I might consider staying here again, but this hotel is in desperate need of a complete renovation.

Room Tip: Ask if they'll upgrade you to an ocean view!