“Fantastic sunset view from balcony”

Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach
Ranked #56 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Elgin
“Fantastic sunset view from balcony”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family and I took a vacation out to Florida starting with Orlando and then Clearwater Beach. We have 2 kids, one 17 and the other 12. We stopped in Clearwater Beach for the beach and relaxation. The hotel could definitely use some updating but the room was spacious and we asked for the fourth floor ocean view and the view was spactacular and made up for the outdated hotel. It was the most reasonably priced for ocean view and very close to Pier 60. I would go back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

travel401, General Manager at Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hello.............Thank you so much for taking the time for our review and your so kind words. It was a pleasure having you visit with us and I am so glad I had a 4th floor beachview room available for you. I wanted you to enjoy the beautiful relaxing view. Did you enjoy Pier 60.? It is amazing how the vendors line up the Pier and more amazing on what items they have to sell, and of course our local entertainers, they are always full of surprises. Hope to see you again on your next visit to Beautiful Clearwater Beach. Take care.....
Kathy & Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Travelodge Beach View on Clearwater Beach is an older property so if you want everything "new" and fancy, this is not your place. There is something about this property that always draws me to it every time I land at St. Pete/Clearwater International. I'm not the only one! Many guests come here year after year. The rooms are small but everything is clean and works. As long as I have a good, clean place to spend the night, I'm happy since during the day and evening there are plenty of things to do in walking distance of the hotel. The beach is just across the street. Mom and pop restaurants abound as well as chain restaurants. The Clearwater Marina is close with daily lunch, supper and sunset boat rides of all types. The property is not fancy but it is in the center of a lot of action! My choice everytime I can get a room there!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Good Day to All.........To our special guest, thank you for your review and kind words. Yes, we may have a older property, but we have a lot of character. I have had people stop by just to tell me that they stayed here many years ago and have many happy memories. I now have guests who came here with their parents years ago and are now bringing their children. Once again, thank you to all my wonderful guests....................Take care...............
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Best location for beach, fun and eateries. Room was dated, but spotlessly clean. Great pool.
Desk person Jonathan was our mapquest for directions and tour guide for great food and fun.
Going there is a must and make sure you see Jonathan. Would definitely stay again on our next visit. Bob C. Cocoa Beach.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views but pool side is the best.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
travel401, General Manager at Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your great review. I made a copy for Jonathan to show your kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again. Just call when you are ready. Take care............
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I recently stayed here for a couple of nights on the tail end of a business trip. I wanted to be on the beach and near the pier without having to pay a large amount. I booked the hotel through Priceline and for $100/night was just seconds from the beach and 5-minutes from the pier (the evening festivities are great). From reading some of the other reviews, I was a bit trepidatious as to the quality of the room but I was very pleasantly surprised. While the decor is a bit dated, the room was extremely clean and it was much bigger and better than I expected. The sleeping portion is large and there was a separate section at the end of the room with a mini-fridge, microwave, large vanity/sink area (bath is separate), and sliding doors to the patio. This is a 2- start hotel so don't expect a lot frills in the rooms or hotel. If you're looking for clean, comfortable, affordable, and a great location - this hotel is the perfect choice. The only issue I had, is that the walls are pretty thin. This would not have been much of a concern, except my room overlooked the pool and at busy times, it was a bit noisy. Next time, I'll either spring for the view side or request a room away from the pool. The service was also great and I no issues with parking. I did see that there have been issues in the past with the parking passes not staying on the dashboards but they are now giving them with tape to display on your windshield. For the value, you cannot beat this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
travel401, General Manager at Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Good Day to all..........Dear guest, thank you for your wonderful review and your kind words. Your review will help others decide on where they want to stay because these reviews are from real guests who visited with us. Call us the next time you come to Beautiful Clearwater Beach and maybe try one of our beachview rooms......Take care..........
p.s.
We now have car passes that hang from the rearview mirror so there really is no reason a guests car would get towed. It really is that simple...........
Kathy & team
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed January and February 2013. I was hesitant at first as I usually stay in places like Comfort Inn, etc or mid range hotels. To my pleasant surprise, the rooms are big and have a kitchenette, with sink, cabinets stocked with dishes, glasses, silverware, toaster and microwave. Which is great for long term stay. The shower was excellent. It is an older hotel, pool is not heated, very minimal continental breakfast, no workout facilities, but was clean, has free wifi, cable tv and perfect location. We didn't spend much time in our room. We had a beach front room with a patio and chairs looking out to beach. Cant get a better price for location. There are many attractions, restaurants and shopping within walking distance. If you can't afford luxury resort then this is next best thing. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: I would suggest a beach front room. We were on bottom floor and didn't have much view of the oce...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
travel401, General Manager at Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Good Day,
Thank you so much for your review and your very kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit with us and we are looking forward to see you again soon. You had some really good tips for others who read these reviews. Just call when you are ready to make your future plans. Book as early as possible so we can request a beachview room on a higher floor. ( You will just love the view from these rooms) Take care..........
Mountain Home, AR
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We dropped in for two day there and it was a good location. Right across from Clearwater Beach, Beach Chairs early in the morning on first come basis. Parking at the hotel for the duration which is a major perk. Just use the pass as told to! They will tow if not.

Everyone on the staff was pleasant and accommodating. The room was clean and while needing some upgrades, it was clean. We stayed fourth floor and the elevator is the only questionable part of the hotel experience. First impression on the hotel from the elevator would leave you running out too early. The exterior walls need some paint and trim work, just time honor battle scars of a beach hotel. There was some noise most all night into late AM outside, though it was 4th of July.

We absolutely would stay at this hotel again! It was just too handy for everything. You get more with the Hilton or Hyatt, though you pay more as well. It was worth the money.

Meals are accessible, STAY AWAY from Crabby Bills watered down drinks. That was a real letdown living on location, location. They were lemonade with no punch style. Really almost no liquor in a mojito or colada. We have been to Florida dozens of times and this is a tourist trap. We did not do all the Crabby Bill's there, though expect the same.

Other Food was beach style everywhere we saw both days. We did find Shepard's in buffet style and that was expensive for some ($27 plate) though GREAT! It is at the Shepard's Hotel up the street south and the food was superb. Sushi, rib-eye trimmed on the whole, whole smoked Grouper on the carcass, stuffed crabs, King Crab and more. It was one of our better meals on this week trip. Too much to even go over. From deserts to entre' it was good and chef style. HAVE TO SUGGEST SHEPARDS! Valet parking and easy in and out. Just a solid recommendation here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
travel401, General Manager at Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Good Day,
Thank you so much for your review. Your comments were great and will be a big help to others who come visit Clearwater Beach. We have heard from many of our guests that they enjoyed Shepards Seafood Buffet. Call us when you are ready to make your plans for your next visit. Take care.