Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater
Sandpearl Resort(Clearwater)
$369
$355
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$99
$221
$161
  • Breakfast included
$199
Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach Resort(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$149
$389
$226
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsruth eckerd hallcourtney campbell causewayfront deskgulf to bayroom was cleanyogurtthe breakfast arearoad noisetampa international airportmake your own waffleswaffle makercomplimentary breakfastwould stay here againminute drivephillies spring trainingbreakfast staffpool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2010

The Fairfield Bayside is located right off of Rt. 60 - just on the Clearwater side of the Courtney Campbell Causeway from Tampa. It is about a 10 minute drive to the Phillies spring training park, 20-30 minutes from the Jays in Dunedin. The staff were EXTREMELY helpful in attempting to help me deal with a problem with my reservation and a rewrd certificate - ulitimately it didnt work - but not for a lack of effort on their part. The room was typical Fairfield, though the internet connection was better than others we had stayed at - a couple stains in the room on carpet and drapes were the only detraction. Gym is decent but VERY cramped and stuffy. Overall AWESOME location and staff leads to a thumbs up

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Room size good and very clean per our request, road noise an issue for us, no refrigerator available day 1, breakfast bar worker incorrectly informed us no eggs/protein available on the morning of our stay, had to eat breakfast out for $40.00 for a family of five, we checked out a day early due to these issues that are important to us; general manager responded fairly and professionally to our "disappointments."

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2010

We booked a room through Marriott's 800#, sight-unseen, hoping for something close to the water, but mainly looking for quiet & affordable. Fairfield isn't my favorite among the Marriott chains, as I've been spoiled by the others.

Compared to other Marriotts, this Fairfield is pretty good but unexceptional. Compared to other chains in the same price riange, it's very good. We had a quiet room, comfy bed, and no hassles.

The girl working the front desk at check-in was clueless and rude, as if this job was *sigh* SO beneath her. When I asked her where I should park and what side our room was on, she rolled her eyes and said "I don't know, I just started". Sweetheart, it took me 2 minutes and a floorplan to figure out where eveything was - do your job.

When this is how you're greeted, it leaves a bad taste and fouls the experience from the start. We DID get a quiet room, and that's what I wanted most. If a desk clerk with attitude is the worst part of an on otherwise decent stay, that's not so bad. But it's also not worth more than $100/night. The desk folks working the next morning were very nice. We skipped breakfast, not sure if there is one.

There are signs in the parking lot about not leaving valuables in your car, and I believe them. The hotel didn't seem to be in a rough neighborhood per se, but I wouldn't walk around here alone at night.

The hotel sits right at the end of the Causeway and the Bayside Bridge, which makes for a unique view and convenient access. We didn't do a lot of exploring, but didn't see many other hotels nearby. A few office buildings, otherwise it's a mostly residential area. Fast food, strip malls, and car dealerships are just down the road. Quiet waterfront is a minute or two by car, but that's just so you don't have to negotiate the large intersections by foot. Seems like there would be a lot of places to access the beach near here.

There are palms and spanish moss all around the parking lot, which was very nice. If I were in the area, I would stay here again if the price was right, and if they get a desk clerk who actually does her job and doesn't resent the guests.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I found this hotel in a booklet that we picked up at the Florida welcome center. We were able to get a room for 59 dollars using a coupon that was in the booklet. It was good through the end of January. I think the hotel industry is really hurting and that there are bargains to be had. Ask for the best price when booking and see what they can do for you even if it is "in season". The hotel was very nice. It was clean and bright and the room smelled neutral as this is a totally nonsmoking hotel. The breakfast included waffles, sausages, bagels etc. We were thrilled to get such a good deal after checking the website and seeing prices over a hundred dollars. Go for it!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2009

I absolutely love this hotel! We stay there every time we are in the area. Much better than the Ramada Inn down the street which we spent one restless night listening to the traffic noise through the paper thin entry door. This hotel is very comfortable and clean. The staff is THE BEST! I use a Roomsaver coupon and they always have availability (unlike some hotels who try to say those rooms at the coupon rate are all taken). The hotel has a very nice pool and whirlpool. There is also a business center with computers, which has come in handy. The continental breakfast is better than most hotels I've stayed at. We have stayed at the hotel at least 8-10 times and have never had a problem with vagrants lurking in the parking lot or noisy guests. The parking lot does get full, but that's one of the downsides to staying in a great hotel...everybody wants to stay there! The hotel is very close to lots of stores and restaurants. The beach is somewhat far. This a great hotel for the price!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family