“Hotel for leisure or Business”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater
Ranked #22 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Martinique
“Hotel for leisure or Business”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Excellent hotel: staff very efficent (check inn and check out are very quick), rooms are big and clean. The wireless internet works inside and outside (near the pool). There are a lot of good restaurants nearby. The complimentary breakfast is good.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Preston, Lancs
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights in early August .We just wanted a bit of peace and quiet and relaxation after a hectic 10 days in Orlando and before a further hectic 7 days in NYC.

Location was immediately on the right at the end of a bridge over from Tampa. Most amenities were a short drive away. 10 minutes drive to Clearwater beach/ Pier 60. 20-30 minutes drive to Tampa Aiport.

Car parking appeared plentiful. The car park was well lit.

Reception staff were very pleasant and welcoming. I must note in particular a staff member named Randall who was very professional, pleasant and helpful. At check in we were advised of the hotel facilities which included an outdoor pool (with towels) open until 11pm, a fitness room, a business center with two computers and free internet access and a breakfast room .

We had two connecting rooms with bathrooms well stocked and regularly serviced. Beds were very comfy.

Breakfast was complimentary and included Kelloggs cereals, waffles/ waffle maker, muffins, doughnuts, bread/ toaster, juice, tea, coffee.

This was a pleasant and relaxing stay with attentive staff. I would recommend this for anybody looking for a good value( bargain rates!) no frills base for exploring Tampa, Clearwater and surrounding areas

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank hvgazzacrew
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 30, 2009

It was my second time going to the Tampa area for Spring Training and didn't want to stay in Tampa, because I was going to both Yankees and Phillies games, visiting family in Clearwater and wanted to go to the beach. I booked it mostly because of it's price and central location, but was a little nervous ... until I got there. It ended up being 20-ish minutes (depending on traffic) to the Yankees facility and practically around the corner from the Phillies. It was also a straight and short drive to the Clearwater beaches. It was absolutely perfect for what I was looking for and needed.

Their breakfast bar in the morning was always fresh and fully stocked, which was a great money saver because it was included in our room price. And, it wasn't just pastries and cereal. There was microwave egg sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, everything.

This wouldn't be a good place for someone who wants to go out and party in Clearwater, unless you are going to use a cab, but it was an absolutely perfect location if you are going to a Spring Training game - especially at the Phillies' complex.

The person I was traveling with is allergic to down pillows and sure enough, we had one in our room. It was pretty late when we got in and the gentleman at the front desk was very help and got us a different pillow right away.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank beachchick922
chicago, IL
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We stayed at Fairfield for a couple of days/nights. It's an average Mariott hotel with nothing exceptional or extraordinary. Comfortable room to stay.

It is more suited for business travelers but not really a family friendly hotel. It almost felt awkward to have young children stay in a hotel with only business travelers around...

They have complimentary breakfast but again very basic items, there is a high calorie micro-waveable Jimmy dean sandwich with bacon/egg on the breakfast menu.

We decided to stay here since we had little children and were not really sure how a beach front property experience would be in clearwater, from a safety perspective and an evening crowd perspective...especially since we heard some bad experiences with some other beach front hotels in the area.

We used the Pool and it was all for ourselves so that was a good experience.

The Clearwater beach is about 10-15minutes away. So you could go & come back whenever you want.The clearwater beach is a beauitful place.....

So overall if you are only looking for a bed & a no frill breakfast, you should stay here....If you are looking for a family friendly place , this may not be the best place especially for a vacation friendly place.......

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I was very disappointed with this Hotel. I expected a lot better since it was rated so high in tripadvisor. This place was average and a good value but not great and I had quite a few problems that a highly rated hotel should not have. When we arrived we came from route 611. When we were making a right to go to the hotel entrance we were approached by three individuals who were soliciting money from passerbys. These individuals appeared to be narcotics abusers. I am not against helping others in need but I don't think this should be occuring by the entrance of my hotel especially near where I am parking my car. The room itself had some problems. First I found a jelly bean stuck to the back of a card that stated that the room was checked for cleanliness. This angered me and I threw it behind the dresser draw. The nex day I found it again with the jelly bean proudly stating how clean the room was on the dresser. On the second day we also found a little girls shoe on the floor. This was odd since we don't have a girl. The closet to the room had a large stain/scratch on it. The bed sheet had a quarter size stain on it. The toilet also clogged everytime something was flushed in it. I thought they would change my room for this but instead would show up with a plunger everytime that they would hand me. On a previous post someone commented on the ample parking at the hotel. On the second night of my stay I had to park in the last spot in a dark corner of the hotel. I had to squeeze my SUV in the spot since a trailer that appears to belong to the hotel was partially in this last spot. The fitness room and the pool area were both adequate. The breakfast was very simple and had the basics. We had a problem on our last night when someone was slamming one of the room doors for over a half hour. This woke up my whole family. At one point I stood out in the hallway for a good five to ten minutes trying to catch the person with no luck. I gave up and went back to bed and it started again and stopped after about fifteen minutes. I cannot blame the staff for this since I never told them about my complaint. I guess you can find rude people anywhere you stay. I would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
FFISGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, May 29, 2009
I'd like to take the opportunity to respond to this guest's crtique of our hotel. I wish that he would have taken the time to ask for me, the General Manager of the hotel, in order to personally address his complaints. I certainly apologize for the incident regarding the vagrants approaching his vehicle when entering our parking lot. We have investigated this and we are not aware of it happening prior to this guest's stay, and it has not happened since. This guest was concerned about parking while our lot was full; we continuously have staff members and a security officer on property, routinely patrolling 24 hours a day. We have never had a situation in which our guests' safety was at risk. The trailer in the parking lot belonged to a guest, as the hotel does not own one. We apologize for this guest taking up 3 spaces to accommodate his or her trailer. There is no excuse for the spotted sheets, and our housekeeping department has been issued a warning about this. Rarely do we have cleanliness issues. As a matter of fact, our most recent scores on cleaniless by our guests is a 96.8 based on 100 possible points. The shoe the guest mentioned on his second day is unexplainable, and I wish he had taken the time to advise our desk staff so that we would investigate the issue. The other issues mentioned by this guest could have been immediately handled should he have mentioned it to us. We are proud of our hotel and its reputation in the area and countrywide. Our guests come from every area and walk of life, and we get unlimited compliments as to our overall cleanliness, service and satisfaction. Again, I wish I had the opportunity to have made this guest's stay right prior to his departure. - Julia Farmer, GM, Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater-Bayside
Toronto
Reviewed April 9, 2009

- a bit far from Clearwater Beach (20 minute drive)
- hotel very very good
- nice room - nice bed - very clean and tidy
- excellent service by staff
- pool clean and comfortable
- lots of parking
- breakfast simple and easy, do it yourself with no service, the Jimmy Dean microwavable breakfast sandwiches are fat/salt deadly :-)
- the front desk staff were gracious and helpful

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2009

Great hotel, stayed 5 nights.10 minutes from the beach but close to everything else. The staff was really, really friendly, the breakfast was great. We ended each day with a dip in the pool. The room was clean and comfy. One of the nicest places we've stayed and we're going back for another five night stay this Spring

Check out Tarpon Springs and eat at Mykonos if you like Greek food. To the South, Fort DeSoto was a treat. The Aquarium in Tampa rocked! Great for kids.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family