“Clean comfortable room”

Ranked #21 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Venice, Florida
“Clean comfortable room”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We recently stayed here for the night after attending a concert at Ruth Eckerd Hall, which is conveniently located only about a mile away. The staff is very friendly and the hotel common areas are clean as was our room. Breakfast is standard fare of breads/muffins, fruit, cereal, scrambled eggs and sausage patties and make your own waffles. When we were there the hotel was crowded but there was only one woman trying to keep everything going in the breakfast room, replenishing, cleaning tables, etc. As we often see at these breakfast buffets, little hands (and big ones too) making a mess everywhere, especially around the waffle makers.
The hotel should definitely provide some hand sanitizer/wipes in this area! The woman was trying to keep up with everything but it was obvious she needed help.

The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The pillows though definitely need an upgrade.
Noisy air conditioning also needs attention, but thats not uncommon.. The bathtub faucet leaked but otherwise the bathroom was clean and the shower was good. The pool and hot tub areas were nice and clean and the hot tub felt great. The hotel had music by the pool at a reasonable volume but some rude guests had to bring their own music and crank it up thinking all of us wanted to hear it.

The hotel needs to have an exterminator do something about all of the bee/wasp nests up under the roof overhang.

All in all, not outstanding, but a decent hotel. We would stay here again.

One of the staff said the hotel was going to be renovated starting in July.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Severalolives
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay in Clearwater. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay, and pleased to confirm that we will be upgrading our hotel beginning in a few weeks. This upcoming renovation will provide a new, updated look for our guests, and I hope that you will come back to enjoy it. I will also be sure to share your conerns with my leadership team here at the hotel. Once again, I appreciate your time and hope to see you again soon!
Leigh Anne M., General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Stella, North Carolina
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

The staff were very friendly and helpful with dining suggestions and check-in. The breakfast staff was very friendly and put together a thorough breakfast offering.

The location is really good, and despite the roadwork and highway, there is no traffic noise and the grounds are very nice.

The hotel overall is in good shape and decorated very well. My room was in need of a little attention as there marks where some work had been done but not finished. The bed was a little firmer than I liked, but that's a personal preference. The shower & bathroom faucet was my biggest hang-up that had with the room. The shower had weak water pressure and the faucet had no real setting for cold water. Too far left was hot water and the far right was hot as well, but the middle was for tepid water.

The hotel is nice and the breakfast will be plentiful and will give you a comfortable & safe stay with a very friendly staff.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am also excited to share with you that we will soon be undergoing a full renovation in order to bring an updated look to our guests. I hope that you will come check out our new look on your next visit to Clearwater.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

After reading some of the other reviews I thought I had stayed in another hotel. We got a friendly reception on arrival together with a goody bag. Our room and bathroom was clean and smelt fresh. As we arrived straight from England we did not have our bearings so the friendly receptionist gave us directions to find somewhere to eat. I have to say that getting in and out of the hotel drive was a little hair-raising until we got used to it and found ourselves going north when in fact we were going south!!. However, we spent six pleasant days staying here until we met up with a friend of ours who we were intending to surprise for his 60th birthday. I can't fault the hotel and its staff for being an excellent place to lay your head. The pool area and reception area were kept spotless. However, if there is one point to make it would be that the breakfast room was not large enough and whatever time you chose to eat there was hardly any available tables. Also it would be nice if the breakfast room could be utilised in the evening to create a small bar serving bottled drinks, beer and wine. There is only so much coffee you can drink and plastic cups!!!!

Room Tip: Our ground floor room was good.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I am so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us in Clearwater! It is our goal to provide excellent service to each and every guest. I will be sure to share your comments with my team. I also wanted to share with you that we will be including additional breakfast seating into our upcoming renovation. Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope that you will come back to visit the area soon!
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Negatives:

The $40 extra to have the hot tub is a rip-off. The hot tub barely fits one okay, two no go. The jets are awful and you can barely feel them when turned on as they have only one setting. The bathroom has no fan. You can hear EVERYTHING when someone is using the bathroom when in your other part of the room. The glass doors to the hot tub are so cheap that when you close the bathroom door (even gently) they re-open. The water pressure in the shower is truly one of the worst I have ever felt.

This was the worst in room coffee of any hotel/motel I have ever stayed in and I have had some dreadful coffee before visiting this hotel.

You can hear the outside traffic a little too much, so many sirens through the day + night back and forth, oh my gosh it didn't really let up.

Guests were common. Children talking or yelling very loud in the hallways even during the wee morning hours at 6:00 AM around when breakfast would start, this is the fault of the parents. Breakfast time showed a lot of how people act in a bad way (see below).

Fair:

The bed was a brick hard firm bed, however it was a quality hard firm bed.

The complimentary breakfast was just okay, not great from the so many other reviewers praising this. The Waffles were pretty to look at after you make them from scratch yourself, however the taste is sub-par. You have 5 cereal boxes to choose from, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, a few yogurts, breads and bagels and an extensive selection of sweets. I noticed that most of the guests were very common: coughing without covering their mouth, grabbing as much as their bellies could take and no one leaving a tip for the poor staff at hand. The Juice machine for OJ and apple juice were poor but at least they have the milk boxes. I was hearing around that even the breakfast coffee was awful, I didn't try any however. The selection was pretty good, however the taste ...not so good.

Good:

I liked the Jacuzzi, very relaxing and clean.

Location about 6 miles from beach, keep in mind because of traffic you should leave for beach no latter then 9:30 AM on the weekends, starting in May & through July, otherwise expect long delays just to find limited parking.

Staff friendly

Room Tip: Rated as a 2 1/2 star Hotel, however no better than a 1 1/2 star motel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable visit while in the hotel. I will be sure to pass along your concerns regarding the jacuzzi in your room to our maintenance team. Regarding your breakfast experience, we do tend to be very busy, especially on the weekends. However, I will share your comments with my team, so that we can best meet the needs of all of our guests.
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed here for the weekend for a short getaway. Very friendly check-in clerk. Clean room and a great rate. Close to the beach without the beach price. This is an older hotel, but seems to be maintained well. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 310 is quiet and faces the back lot.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Timothy,
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I also wanted to share with you that we will be receiving a brand new updated look during our upcoming renovation. We are very excited to showcase our updates and hope that you will come back to check out the new Fairfield look.
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I am disgusted with the room I am sleeping in tonight, and I feel so sorry for the sweet manager who comments back on all these reviews just because of her feedback is why I choose to stay here. The boy at the front desk put me and my husband (on our honeymoon) in an handicap room which I specifically asked not to have. He explained that's all that was available he told me it was just like the other rooms. I asked him if there was a shower chair in the tub he said no, he lied there is!!! Now the front desk isn't answering the phone. I hate this place it's late and I shouldn't have to deal with this. The room also smells moldy or mildew. Humid and sick. Bed skirts have stains and rug feels wet. Nasty nasty. It's really pretty when you walk in though.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel D
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Rachel,
On behalf of the Fairfield Inn & Suites, I would like to apologize for the issue you had with your room during your stay. I understand your frustration, and I am very sorry that we were unable to accommodate your room request. Please be assured that we will use your feedback as a training tool for our team. We do our best to meet the requests of each guest, but unfortunately due to our occupancy, we only had an accessible room available at the time of your arrival. I truly appreciate your time, and please contact me if I can be of any further assistance.
Leigh Anne M., General
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Leigh Anne, the General Manager at this hotel should be very proud of herself as well as her staff.

Myself and my family came to the area this past Friday as part of a mini reunion/service for my father who passed last month. There were many of us from all over the country, and I had called many hotels trying to see if we could get some sort of discounted rate. Being in the hospitality industry myself, I know that many hotels offer a bereavement rate, but none of the other hotels would even call me back, much less offer a discount.

I received a call from Leigh Anne no more than 15 minutes after I had left her a message. This was where the great service started. She was able to offer myself as well as my family a great rate, and answered all of my questions quickly and genuinely. From the time that we arrived to the time we left, every employee I ran into said hello and had a smile on their faces. Even after we took over a good portion of the breakfast area (for long past breakfast hours) the employees trying to clean in there didn't ask us to move or make it feel like it was time to go.

Good customer service can outshine almost anything to me, and this is exactly what you will receive when staying at this Fairfield Inn. It was convenient to everywhere we needed to be, the rooms were comfortable and clean, and they even put my whole family near each other without any of us asking.

Thank you to Leigh Anne and staff for making our weekend that much easier!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Erin T
Leigh Anne M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Erin,
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review - your kind words are greatly appreciated! It was our pleasure to host your family last weekend, and I am so happy to find out that everyone enjoyed their time here. Hopefully, you will be able to make it back down to Clearwater again sometime soon.