Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Clearwater)
Gulfway Inn(Clearwater)
View Hotel
All reviewsruth eckerd hallcourtney campbell causewayfront deskgulf to bayroom was cleanyogurtthe breakfast arearoad noisetampa international airportmake your own waffleswaffle makercomplimentary breakfastwould stay here againminute drivephillies spring trainingbreakfast staffpool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2008

This hotel is an execellent choice for the business traveler that wants to get away from the hassle of Tampa (10 minutes across the beautiful Courtney Campbell Causeway) or the vacationer that doesn't want to pay the extra to be out on the beach (10 minutes from Clearwater Beach). The staff is attentive and courteous and the property is well maintained. The rooms are comfortable and the suites are typical Marriott suites with separate living and sleeping areas, with 2 televisions. The breakfast offerings are generous and the area is kept clean and sanitary. The grounds are well maintained.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank dhard
Reviewed August 25, 2008

A quick road warrior review:

Of the hotels that I have stayed at over the last two years, the staff here is one of the friendless and most helpful that I have encountered in the south eastern US. They work with me whenever there are changes to may travel schedule, their prices are very competitive for the area.

As for the hotel itself, the rooms are nice and clean, the workout room has newer equipment, and the breakfast that they offer has a good variety of items. Everything that they have to offer makes extended stays better!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank jdjester
Reviewed August 7, 2008

We really enjoyed our stay at the Fairfield Inn. With a name like Marriott backing it, you know you're in good hands. From the time we arrived to the time we checked out, we felt appeciated as guests. The front desk staff were extremely friendly, making a point of remembering our name. They were so nice to our little girl too. The personal attention that we were given will definitely have us recommending this hotel.

The front lobby, and breakfast area are well kept, as are the rooms. I noticed a few people commented about things being unkept and aging, but I don't feel that's the case at all. Our room was taken care of daily, and we always came back to that feeling of being in a new room. The room itself was one of the king beds and there was even enough room for us and our little one's playpen.

The outdoor pool was nice and warm, clean and easily accessible. The hotel itself is about 10-15 (more towards the 15) minutes from the beach, which suited us fine. Very easy to get to, and very convenient for those traveling back to Tampa. Also very accessible for shopping, with stores located just down the street and other things like outlet malls, and other shopping complexes easily within a quick drive's reach.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank scottish1978
Reviewed July 6, 2008

My family went for a quick vacation and decided to stay at this hotel based on the reviews I read on this site. When I first stepped in the lobby, I knew I was going to have issues with this hotel. The staff was friendly, but the hotel looks worn. I went into my room and I don't think the cleaning staff cleaned my room. The carpet needed vacuuming and the bathroom had strands of someone else's hair in the shower and on the floor. The walls looked like it needed painting, the entire hotel (except the pool and the outdoor landscaping) looked old. I was under the impression that the hotel has just recently been renovated. I'm not sure what they refurbished, but it wasn't the rooms. I will never stay there again. This site gave the Fairfield two stars and it is correct.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank DKTM
FFISGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2008

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about your review. According to your review you are unsatisfied with your experience with our hotel. I can assure you that this experience is not typical of our property. Our Marriott scores are in the 90s for cleanliness and service, at this time our property ranks in the top 10% of all Marriott Fairfield Inn hotels. My direct line is 727-953-0040, I look forward to hearing back from you, as each of us at our hotel strive to have every guest leave satisfied with the intent to return. Thank you for your comments and please give me a call.

Reviewed June 3, 2008

Great location, (Near great shopping area, bay swimming area nearby, Ruth Eckerd Hall, and other.) Very nice staff, nice pool, clean hotel, clean rooms. Nice shampoo, lotions, soaps provided. Very good A/C, cable tv, very quiet. Great value for the price.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business