“Good value, nice stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater
Ranked #27 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed August 7, 2008

We really enjoyed our stay at the Fairfield Inn. With a name like Marriott backing it, you know you're in good hands. From the time we arrived to the time we checked out, we felt appeciated as guests. The front desk staff were extremely friendly, making a point of remembering our name. They were so nice to our little girl too. The personal attention that we were given will definitely have us recommending this hotel.

The front lobby, and breakfast area are well kept, as are the rooms. I noticed a few people commented about things being unkept and aging, but I don't feel that's the case at all. Our room was taken care of daily, and we always came back to that feeling of being in a new room. The room itself was one of the king beds and there was even enough room for us and our little one's playpen.

The outdoor pool was nice and warm, clean and easily accessible. The hotel itself is about 10-15 (more towards the 15) minutes from the beach, which suited us fine. Very easy to get to, and very convenient for those traveling back to Tampa. Also very accessible for shopping, with stores located just down the street and other things like outlet malls, and other shopping complexes easily within a quick drive's reach.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank scottish1978

Reviewed July 6, 2008

My family went for a quick vacation and decided to stay at this hotel based on the reviews I read on this site. When I first stepped in the lobby, I knew I was going to have issues with this hotel. The staff was friendly, but the hotel looks worn. I went into my room and I don't think the cleaning staff cleaned my room. The carpet needed vacuuming and the bathroom had strands of someone else's hair in the shower and on the floor. The walls looked like it needed painting, the entire hotel (except the pool and the outdoor landscaping) looked old. I was under the impression that the hotel has just recently been renovated. I'm not sure what they refurbished, but it wasn't the rooms. I will never stay there again. This site gave the Fairfield two stars and it is correct.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank DKTM
FFISGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2008

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about your review. According to your review you are unsatisfied with your experience with our hotel. I can assure you that this experience is not typical of our property. Our Marriott scores are in the 90s for cleanliness and service, at this time our property ranks in the top 10% of all Marriott Fairfield Inn hotels. My direct line is 727-953-0040, I look forward to hearing back from you, as each of us at our hotel strive to have every guest leave satisfied with the intent to return. Thank you for your comments and please give me a call.

Reviewed June 3, 2008

Great location, (Near great shopping area, bay swimming area nearby, Ruth Eckerd Hall, and other.) Very nice staff, nice pool, clean hotel, clean rooms. Nice shampoo, lotions, soaps provided. Very good A/C, cable tv, very quiet. Great value for the price.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2008

a friend i used to have booked this hotel for me because her daughter had connections there. i was so impressed with the place. the staff was pleasant, the rooms were very clean, nice pool, business center that i could check emails. also their breakfast was really good. it was about 10-15 minutes from the beach, but the drive was an easy straight shot, i can still picture the street that i drove down every day for 5 days. & it didn't bother me at all. the beach was beautiful. getting out there at 10 am daily was perfect for me & my daughters to have most of the beach to ourselves and easy parking, at about 12/12:30pm people started piling in that's when we'd pack up & go eat lunch on the strip or shop. there were tons of activities on the beach for kids.overall it was way worth it to sacrifice an oceanview hotel. i saved money & stayed in a great hotel.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank lives4vaca
Reviewed April 26, 2008

This hotel was extremely nice, it is about 6 years old, but just went through a refresh.
The rooms were a good size, and the staff was great.
I forgot laundry detergent and they had it readily available at the front desk.
The breakfast had wonderful choices, the waffle makers are an added touch and easy to use.
I left early in the morning, and the night attendent was helpful, and i appreciated the fact that he stood at the doors and talked to me to ensure my safety as i loaded the car.
The location is about 15-20 mins from the beach, but the highways are close by to get from St Pete to Tampa in 25-30 mins.
I would recommend this hotel again

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank sunshine_agent
Reviewed April 19, 2008

This hotel was spotless! The staff was great and refused to let us tip them! Breakfast was fresh and abundant and I would highly recommend to anyone.We will be staying again!

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank dawz1026
Reviewed April 1, 2008

My girlfriend and I just got back from a 3 night stay. We were very pleased with the hotel. The staff was great, the rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. The hotel was only a 15 minute drive from the airport and Clearwater beach. The free breakfast was nice. The only negative is the pool area could be a little bigger. I would highly recommend this hotel for anybody looking to visit Busch Gardens and the beaches in Clearwater.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple