“Standard Fairfield”

Ranked #25 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Standard Fairfield”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very standard Fairfield. The rooms were clean and the front desk people were nice but nothing was out of the ordinary. We stayed one night and it was fine. The location was good for flying out the next morning but if I was staying here while visiting the beach I would have rated the location much lower.

• Stayed September 2013
jstanek, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Liz S,

Thank you very much for your review of our Fairfield Inn & Suites. We are very happy to hear that you were satisfied with our hotel’s cleanliness and friendly employees. We are planning several improvements in 2014 and we are very confident that our guests will like them. Thank you again and we hope to have you with us again in the future.
Jan Stanek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Nice fairfield located central to Tampa, Clearwater and st Pete's.
Easy and friendly check in, nice lobby area with lots of sitting space in comfy chairs.
We had room 522, a two queen beds room, standard fairfield with basic amenities, towels were large and fluffy, flat screen tv, wifi was free and worked well. Toiletries had shampoo conditioner and lotion! Bar soap. Bathroom had a fan but was not in working order, towels were way over above toilet so it was hard to reach when stepping out of tub. The room over looks palm trees.
Breakfast served daily and was basic fairfield fare, two hot dishes, waffle maker, fruit, yogurt and pastries. I enjoy the hard boiled boiled eggs. Breakfast room is a good size and has an outside area with a few tables by the pool, but was disappointed it was designated as the smoking area. Staff keeps coffee hot and breakfast area well stocked. No water available but if you ask at front desk they will supply you with cold bottles which worked well after we were aware of this secret. Located in an office building area it was fine for exploring the beaches, etc. if you have a car.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Laenie,

Thank you very much for your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and concerns. They will be used to make further improvements in our hotel’s operation and ultimately taking guests’ experience to the next level. Our team looks forward to have you back with us again in the future.
Florida, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I went here for my 15th birthday July 29-Aug 1with my mom and friends and had a nice time at the beach which is fairly relaxing and calm and overall the experience was nice, BUT i was stolen gift cards from my room that was worth $90!!! I even contacted Marriotts customer care and they were nice to transfer my email to the hotel but the hotel simply did nothing to help! All they did is tell me they searched the room and talked to the housekeeper and said they saw nothing! And i for sure didn't leave my cards in the room laying around i had them in my birthday bag in the happy birthday cards! In order to get my money they would have to get into my cards and go through my stuff! And many elderly people stay at this hotel when i was here and i wonder if they got something stolen and they didn't realize it! I always choose Marriotts hotels because my family member works for them and i never had a problem until this trip, and now i have no birthday gift because they stole from me and i was pretty much devastated when i got back from my vacation trip to find the money not in the envelope. At least put some safes in the room to keep valuables from getting stolen from the housekeeping. I will for sure not be coming back to this hotel for my next birthday if my items might get stolen.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandra P
FFISGM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Sandra,

I would like to sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience. Everyone felt awful to find out about your lost gift card and we will continue to cooperate with you and we will make every effort to find the lost item. If the hotel is found to be at fault I will certainly make it right.

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is my 4th visit to this Hotel and I was not let down. Public areas are comfy, Breakfast is plentiful and varied for a free buffet. My room was clean and bed was comfortible. Four types of pillows on the bed, very cool. My only let down was the lack of a small fridge in this room. Last year I had one. Agood value for the bucks.....Jay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jay S,
Thank you very much for your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your kind words and your loyalty to Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater. We would like to apologize for not having the fridge available at this time.
All of our suites come with mini-fridge and microwave however, fridge for a standard room can be delivered upon request.
Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My stay was very pleasant. The staff was friendly, courteous and efficient. The room was clean and well mantained. The location was very convenient, close to highways and far from traffic jams. The pool and green areas are clean and well maintained as well. I'm planning to stay again by Labor Day Weekend and I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is considering to visit Clearwater and vicinity! :-)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank edgardovn
Dear Edgardovn,

Thank you very much for your excellent review of our hotel and of our staff on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear you had enjoyed your stay and we will look forward to see you again during Labor Day Weekend!

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Location is convenient both to the beach and to the other end of the causeway. Breakfast was typical Fairfield and the rooms are consistent with what you have come to expect from this chain. We stayed here for one night instead of staying at the Best Western for a meeting. The crowd at the Best Western due to Hogan's can make that place a little noisy. Enjoyed the quiet at the Fairfield.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
FFISGM, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for the kind review. Our hotel is in a great spot, close to the beach and neighboring city's but not to far from some great small towns and lots of great shopping!

It is my pleasure,
Melissa Velazquez
Front Office Manager
Reviewed June 27, 2013

clean, very large room, quiet, we were on 4th floor, did not hear traffic noise, would recommend. close to the beaches but not on top of them, ideal for Ruth Eckerd hall events, there is also an equipt gym and pool, with complimentary breakfast, although we did not try this

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cheeriopippip
Thank you for the accolades! On behalf of myself and the staff we appreciate the kind words and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

It is my pleasure,