“Slow Service”

$53.49*
and up
Clearwater Dinner and Dance Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy lunch and dinner dance cruises that offer the best waterfront views of coastal Florida, and a tantalizing selection of entrees from a full menu. Enjoy gorgeous views while cruising aboard the StarLite Sapphire in the St. Petersburg Beach area or the StarLite Majesty Dining Yacht in Clearwater Beach.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Slow Service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was excited about going on this dinner cruise, because I was celebrating my 40th birthday with my husband and just wanted a night out on the water, without the kids. I was cautiously optimistic, because of the previous reviews, but ended up disappointed. I ended up with a less than average, warm dinner, and hardly any time for quality time with my husband.

We were told when we sat down around 5:30 that if we ordered appetizers, they would be out right away, and that salads would be served at 6:30. That would give us at least 30-45 minutes to go up on deck and enjoy the sunset and water. Well, we didn't receive our appetizer until after 6pm, rushed through eating it, and ran up on deck before dinner. We were back at our table at 6:30, but didn't get salads until 7pm. Service throughout dinner was slow. We were hoping to go back on deck for a little while after dinner, but only had about 5 minutes by the time our waitress brought back our credit card. We were pulling into dock when she returned with it.

The food was far overpriced for the quality. I ordered Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta which turned out to be overcooked penne pasta (pasta was breaking into pieces) covered with canned tomatoes with a sprinkling of feta cheese, a handful of cold black olives, and lukewarm shrimp around the bowl. Barely Mediterrranean, hardly gourmet. StarLite could have more repeat customers with an improvement to their food quality, and faster service so patrons can enjoy more of the excursion.

Visited January 2013
5 Thank S R

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Short trip, expensive...”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were excited to learn about this cruise and dine so we went for it. We got our tickets and here we go. Te boat was not what we expected, a lot of people - way to many if you ask me for dining. The food was terrible, burned and dry and service could be better. We asked for more bread and we were rudely told...we are out of great... No alternatives or concerns just plain rude. Well, I can go on and on about it but what's the point. I was glad to get off the boat and went to a local restaurant for dinner with my family. I feel like we have waisted money for nothing....will not go back ever again! No one from the staff was concern about other guests complaining either. Poor customer service...next time I rather book the speed boat:)
Tis could be a great attraction but the boss need to regroup and train his staff to live up to the tourists and visitors expectation... We pay money and we do expect the service as advertised.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank DeeHRH
StarLiteFlorida, Guest Relations Manager at StarLite Majesty Dining Cruises, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear about your dining experience. We do care and would like to discuss this with you. Please contact us by email (info@starlitecruises.com - Attn: Laura). Thank you.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Go for the company and drinks, not the food”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We took a lunch cruise, I got disappointed after we turned around after less than a minute at sea. Its just a little jont up the bay, it was ok. Most of the time there was no back ground music, they turned it on only when entering and leaving the dock.

The food, husband had cordon blue, on the flavorless side, I had chicken creaser salad. Burnt flavorless chicken, barely any dressing.

Romantic? a little :) that was the only part I really enjoyed. That and we each had an ice cream cocktail.

A little motion sickness didn't help either. No more cruises for me.

2 Thank HeluvaScooter
StarLiteFlorida, Guest Relations Manager at StarLite Majesty Dining Cruises, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Sometimes the weather conditions do not allow for more than a couple of minutes in the Gulf ; we prefer to stay in the inland water so that our guests experience a pleasant, smooth cruise. The afternoon cruises are designated as sightseeing, but I will pass along your comments about the music to the captain. I apologize that the food quality was not what you expected and will share your comments with the onboard management staff. Did you cruise from Clearwater or St. Pete?
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“nothing spectacular”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

all you do is drive around the bay, we went out to the gulf for two seconds, saw a dolphin and turned around. dinner was soso . next time I'll do the jet boat.

4 Thank bdioa
Tierra Verde, Florida
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Relaxing Evening on the Water”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've driven by the cruise boats at the Corey Causeway dock for many years, but this was my first experience with them. Our boat was the StarLite Sapphire and it was a 2 1/2 hour dinner cruise. We cruised north to John's Pass and returned to Cory Causeway. The early winter darkness really didn't allow much of a view other than the lights of the houses along the waterway. I understand that the summer cruises head south for a sunset view before returning to the dock. The menu appeared ambitious for a small boat, and it was pretty much average banquet quality. The wine list was adequate but our red wine was actually warm and we had to chill it to bring it to room temperature. The staff were very accomodating and service was good. The entertainment was pretty good and the singer had a pretty broad range of music. There are a few tables in the bow of the lower level with a great view. Reserve one of them if possible. Overall, it was a bit pricey for the quality of food, but we had a relaxing evening. We plan to return with some friends for a Sunday brunch cruise.

Visited January 2013