“Great way to see dolphins up close”

The Tropics Boat Tours
$26.75*
and up
Sunset Cruise from Clearwater
More attraction details
Owner description: We at The Tropics Boat Tours invite you to join us for a memorable experience aboard our newly remodeled tropical-themed, double-decker catamaran. Our vessel accommodates up to 125 passengers and the two decks allow you the option to sail in the sunshine and open air on the top deck or relax in the shade on the lower level. We are proud to offer boat tours which include guaranteed dolphin sightings, children's activities and complimentary soft drinks, beer and wine - all while sailing the beautiful waters of the Gulf of Mexico. We look forward to hosting you aboard "The Tropics" and appreciate the opportunity to serve you. And remember that all our cruises include complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks. You may also purchase your favorite cocktails, frozen drinks or snacks from our full service bar.
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This trip guaranteed dolphins and they delivered! We spotted a pod of dolphins within the first 5 minutes of the trip. We opted for the drink wrist bands which I wish I would not have. Trying to drink "your moneys worth" of beer or wine on a boat in an hour and a half is not a good idea when it is 96degrees and you get sea sick! But not their fault at all. The crew gives the kids a 15minute "ocean" lesson which is nice as it gives the parents a short kid-free period of time. We all had a great trip

1  Thank Cheryl R

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We booked this trip through groupon when visiting Clearwater. The overall look of the boat was nice and clean. The staff was very friendly. When we departed, we went on the second deck to do more sightseeing. I didn't realize that pretty much all the adults were smoking and drinking. Good place to get drunk since they offer unlimited beer by buying a bracelet, many adults smelled like alcohol and my poor kids had to see them drunk. My husband and I came with 2 kids so I was not impressed when the smoke was going on my kids poor faces. When it comes to sightseeing, we have seen only 2 dolphins towards the end of the trip and they were so far away my kids could barely see them. They attempted to let us know that they couldnt go any closer because of the depth of the boat. The music on the boat was so loud that whatever the staff said, I did not hear. I wanted to see some star homes instead I have seen motels. The trip is good maybe for adults but definitely not appealing to kids, unless your kids r used to second hand smoke. Very unsatisfied. Definitely would not go on this trip again.

1  Thank szylkows
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Husband and I took the Dolphin tour. Nice crew, friendly and engaging. The boat was packed and the views were not that exciting. Thankfully the other guests on board with us were friendly and family-oriented. I personally hated the loudspeaker "pep rally" type of ambiance, but others seemed to enjoy the group dancing that ensued on the return trip. I can always enjoy a beautiful, warm & sunny day out on the ocean though. We saw two dolphins in the cove of the last 10 minutes of the journey. Was enjoyable but I would pass on a second trip.

1  Thank Liz1ttr
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My girlfriend booked this and we could not have been more pleased. The staff was not also nice but very accommodating. The ride was absolutely beautiful and very fun. I would suggest for families, couples, and friends. Great chance to see the area and sunset if you are unable or don't want to rent a boat.

3  Thank Scottmoney10
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took our 5 year old son with us to do the dolphin tour. I was pleasantly surprised by how great it was. The staff made an effort to engage and did a small activity involving my son. We did see several dolphins and just relaxed. Great service!

1  Thank Jenna C