“Becoming a regular - high quality & fun operation!”

Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Diving fun and adventure await you aboard a Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charter as you enjoy a great day of scuba diving the Gulf of Mexico. Our scuba boat charters and dive trips are designed to maximize your diving pleasure, safety and comfort. Serving the Clearwater, St. Petersburg and Tampa Bay Florida areas.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

3 trips in, I can't say enough good things about the tanks a lot operation.

Sites: Every trip has been to a new spot so far, including a combination of massive artificial reefs and natural ledges along the coast (they also do wrecks). Although this isn't the great barrier reef, the diversity of life found along those areas has been incredible, with lots of interesting fish, corals, crustaceans, echinoderms, and an occasional shark. Pics from their facebook page can give you a quick idea on the diversity seen here. So far, Captain Ryan has gone 5 for 5 on selecting great sites based on the visibility, avoiding other vessels around, and surf. If he hits up a smaller ledge or reef, he'll usually move the boat for the 2nd dive to another reef or ledge.

On Board Experience: From the start, the crew is always happy to help you as little or much as you require for getting on board & setting up your equipment. The safety briefing is professional, the snacks & water are plentiful (often including fresh cut fruit), the crew is always happy to help defog your mask, stow away your bag, change an o-ring, share a Dramamine, and help you with your gear.

DiveMaster'ing: So far, DM Gage has been awesome at helping make the dives run smoothly. His photographic skills are awesome (as they post awesome underwater trip pics same-day online for you), and he has been pretty helpful with pointing out interesting marine life including a massive nurse shark on my last trip. He is always happy to help with removing fins (apologies for the inadvertent kick when removing last time), usually floats around underwater with the camera capturing the awesomeness of the dive, and was nice enough to recover my snorkel. Still, via facebook other photographers on my trips have been great at posting pics as well, helping preserve the memories.

Costs: Given how shallow the water is off shore, and how far we usually need to travel to get out, I'm definitely ok with the pricing (as of this review $80 for a 2 tank trip for non-wrecks, $10/air tank, $15/nitrox tank, $65 for full equipment rental package w. mask/fins/boots/bc/reg/wetsuit/etc..). Always good to tip the DM at least $10, making it a reasonably affordable day on the water. Parking is also free at their marina.

2  Thank OhHim

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I am a very new diver, with that in mind, go with these guys. I had a bad experience on my frist dive in the gulf a week ago, and could not get down. (not this charter)But Capt Ryan and Capt Mike already knew about this prior to this trip. Well you want to talk about personal attention. (thats an understatement). They where over the top, got me over my fear, and down I was!!! The visibility good, lots of wild, I was so happy I cried.. My husband and Gage were on the other side of the barge and came up just in time to see myself and capt Ryan coming over the top. My husand was sooo surerised and thrilled. He couldn't beleive it. I am and forever will be greatful to these great guys for doing such a great job. They saved me from not ever diving again. And that is something I can never repay them for. Thank you Capt. Ryan, Capt. Mike. and DM Gage. You have made my family and myself very Happy.
They are Great to work with, clean boat, you will feel safe, an without hesitation, go with Tanks-alot- in Clearwater, Fl.
Again, THANK YOU

3  Thank 495cfred
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Captain Mike and the crew were fantastic. Very easy to work with and the communication leading up to the trip was wonderful.
Not sure if I am totally spoiled from diving in the carribean, but the gulf visibility was poor (not the companies fault). There was a lot of wild life however it was difficult to see! Class act company that goes out of their way for their divers!!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Captain Ryan and Gage were both great to work with. Nice, clean gear ready to go. Both were clearly interested in making sure everyone had fun and felt safe while on the boat and in the water. Couldn't have asked for a better trip for our first gulf dive. I'd book them again without hesitation.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Communication from Heidi prior to the trip was Phenomenal. Loved that. The day before after specifically asking about visibility captain Ryan said they would still go and that it should be ok. Realizing then after I was on the boat and talking with him further that he had been out with another group and it too was horrible. The hurricane had stirred everything up. Disappointed that the trip wasn't just cancelled. Felt like it was a wasted dive and hundred bucks. Don't know as ill return to this area to dive. Very glad I was in the area anyway and didn't travel only to dive.

2  Thank Ag_guy04