“HORRIBLE” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tampa Bay Grand Prix

Tampa Bay Grand Prix
Ranked #4 of 13 Fun & Games in Clearwater
More attraction details
Owner description: Tampa Bay Grand Prix is a unique indoor go karting facility with two locations in the Tampa Bay area. Locations are in Sabal Park in Tampa and the Ulmerton area in Clearwater/St Petersburg. Come and race with our electric Italian pro-karts that reach speeds of up to 50 mph! Our tracks are designed for speed and challenge. The Tampa location has two tracks with two completely different layouts. Compete against friends, family, and other racing enthusiasts. Our facilities use the latest and safest equipment and technology. As every race ends, you will have your own personal race results. Even as you are racing, you will be able to view your lap times from a projector screen located right on the track. Tampa Bay Grand Prix welcomes walk-in racers 7 days a week, and we also take reservations for corporate events, birthdays, and private parties. We have private rooms available for your special event. Enjoy our comfortable lounge area equipped with flat-screens for your viewing pleasure, and free Wi-Fi.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

So we traveled 30 min to get here and then when we got there it had said " sorry we are closed , due to a private session" the session was for 2 hours !!! We wasted 1 hour of our time to drive down here, I'm very disappointed, don't waste your time, and also all this information that we had received when we got there, was NOT on the website, this needs to be a update! Or something!

Visited August 2014
9 Thank Brooke S
Tiffany A, Manager at Tampa Bay Grand Prix, responded to this review, July 24, 2015
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. Track rentals are very important to our business. Our receptionists are always available by phone, so we encourage customers to give us a call and we can notify about any events or rentals that may be scheduled during your planned visit.

flpisces67
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fun but misleading”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Today was my son's first time at the Clearwater. In general, he had a good time but I found their quoted lap number highly misleading. First, my son was often last out onto the track since the cars move single file onto it and he was placed in the last car several times. At first I thought that was no big deal figuring he would really only be competing with himself to improve his time. However, being his first time he was pretty slow and the race ended as soon as the first person got done with the 10th lap, even though he and other drivers had a few laps left. The cars are all slowed and the drivers are ushered off the track. If I am told I am paying for 10 laps, I kind of expect my kid to get 10 laps. On the time he was placed first in line, lo and behold he almost won that race (had it not been for the kid that kept ramming into him and pushing him into the sides and no staff stepped in). Now I don't care that he didn't win, I'm just saying that you aren't likely to get your full laps unless you are at the front of the line and I think that is wrong.

Visited August 2014
13 Thank flpisces67
Tiffany A, Manager at Tampa Bay Grand Prix, responded to this review, July 27, 2015
Thank you for your feedback. When purchasing a race, you are buying a pass for a 10 lap race. This means that once a racer approaches the 10th lap, the race will end. The position someone is in does not determine how many laps they will have, their speed and technique does. After some practice, we have no doubt that all racers will improve. We do apologize for the confusion with the race and amount of laps.
Raleigh, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We visited Tampa Bay Grand Prix for an afternoon for our 11 year old son. He participated in 3 races and had a blast. If you have more than one child, this attraction can be kind of expensive. The staff was friendly and helpful and very attentive to safety during the races. This is a great outing for families and it looks like it would be a fun place for birthday parties.

Melbourne, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“We'll go elsewhere next time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

We get here- register, wait, and just as we're called, an employee "Dannnnng" decided to go out and do 15 laps or so. We wait, with helmets on, in 90 degree weather while she does her laps. That alone is ridiculous. There is a wait and an employee is out doing laps by themselves while paying customers wait in the cars. Shame on you for allowing this. For this alone, we won't be coming back.

12 Thank Summer A
Thank you for your feedback. We want you to know that this is against company policy, and we have taken action to further ensure that employees do not race while customers are waiting.
Tampa, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Grand Pricks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Other than my experience with the cashier, it was really good. My wife, son and I went to take advantage of the lunch time special and arrived at 1:50. By the time I registered the 3 of us on their computer, it was just before 2. I left my wallet and my wife paid for the more expensive race, so I returned to the cashier and asked the lunch special just after 2. So told me she could not give me the lunch time rate because her computers locked her out after a certain time. Well, I'm no idiot and know that someone had to have administrative privileges to make changes. She is really bad for business and because of her, I'm never going back to that location. The guys running the track were much better and the racing was great.

2 Thank psharpton
Thank you for your feedback. Since this review was placed, we have made many changes and improvements at Tampa Bay Grand Prix. There is always a manager present to ensure that everyone receives the best customer possible. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the racing, and we hope that you choose to come back in the future!