“Same price as dinner and a movie.”

Tampa Bay Grand Prix
Ranked #4 of 14 Fun & Games in Clearwater
More attraction details
Owner description: Tampa Bay Grand Prix is a unique indoor go karting facility with two locations in the Tampa Bay area. Locations are in Sabal Park in Tampa and the Ulmerton area in Clearwater/St Petersburg. Come and race with our electric Italian pro-karts that reach speeds of up to 50 mph! Our tracks are designed for speed and challenge. The Tampa location has two tracks with two completely different layouts. Compete against friends, family, and other racing enthusiasts. Our facilities use the latest and safest equipment and technology. As every race ends, you will have your own personal race results. Even as you are racing, you will be able to view your lap times from a projector screen located right on the track. Tampa Bay Grand Prix welcomes walk-in racers 7 days a week, and we also take reservations for corporate events, birthdays, and private parties. We have private rooms available for your special event. Enjoy our comfortable lounge area equipped with flat-screens for your viewing pleasure, and free Wi-Fi.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband recommended it when he saw the billboard ad off I-4. I was skeptical, having lived in the area I assumed it was the place out in Tampa (that is way over priced and kind of lame) but this was just outside Brandon (off Faulkenberg) very clean, brand new and had AC. We visited in the middle of the day in Mid August and while it wasn't chilly, it was totally pleasant. I had such a wonderful time I had no idea "go carting" got that serious. I don't mean to sound like a weirdo, but I really did not expect them to go that fast. lol Overall, we spend probably $45- $50 did 2 races each. If I remember correctly that races were about 20 mins, or so , long. The crowd that was there was mostly families and a couple groups of young guys. As we were leaving around 5pm the waiting room was PACKED. So go mid day maybe. It made a great date day... so much better than dinner and a movie! We will be back! PS- They print off your racing stats at the end of the race. So I got to brag to the ladies at work that I was .5 seconds faster than husband. :) Nice! lol

2  Thank MsKatieW

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Great way to spend a rainy afternoon. Good value! First experience with this facility and was not disappointed.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Indoor electric go-kart racing. No fumes. Timed results (to end "discussions" over who beat whom). Very fast cars, helmets & neck braces are available.

1  Thank TheMachead
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We traveled an hour away to go here thinking it would be fun with out of town guests. The place was out of order and we waiting 30 minutes while people kept cutting in front of us and the people working it are arrogant and disrespectful. Never going again.

3  Thank Katie C
Tiffany A, Manager at Tampa Bay Grand Prix, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. For the indoor entertainment business, we are very busy during summer vacation and especially during rainy days. We experience a higher volume of customers and this can create longer wait times. We do apologize if you felt as though you did not receive the best customer service possible. We will use this information to further improve our organization.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Had a very good time there. Readonable prices. Can't wait to go again! The employees were very helpful and kind. The facility wad very clean and the go karts are fast. I wanted to go again and again