“Great food with a variety”

The Brown Boxer Pub & Grille
Ranked #43 of 697 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
New Baltimore, Michigan
“Great food with a variety”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Im not a seafood person and also very picky. This place had the best variety of food and a great staff. Food was excellent!

Visited April 2014

Wisconsin
“Treated Terribly”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My friend has a condo in Clear Water that we visit and we have been to the brown boxer many times during our travels there. We never had a bad experience until 1 night we went there for drinks (we usually go there to eat during lunch). My 2 girlfriends met 2 guys on a 'blind Tinder date' I was just there with an older male friend who was in from out of town. Well, the bartender comes up to me, this blonde bartender guy, He says "you should tell your friends to stay away from those guys they are trouble. Well, I minded my own business, and they were all on the other side of the bar taking shots. When MY bill game, the bartender put all of their shots on my bill, I said what is this about? He said that the guy (the one he said to stay away from) didn't order the shots, my friends did and they have to pay. My friend who is an older man, said don't worry about it I will pay the bill I want you girls to leave, so he pulled out his credit card and paid the bill. As we were leaving the bartender had the bouncer stop us, saying that we were 'gold diggers' and shouldn't have men buying our drinks then told us we were never allowed back in the Brown Boxer again. I just have a funny feeling that those guys my friends met and the bartender were up to something fishy and I don't know what, I enver experienced anything like this. I am not sure what to say about all of that, but if you can't go to the bar and can't have your friend, boyfriend, or husband that is a male buy your drinks I am not sure how you are able to run a bar business. A manager or owner should really be there to monitor their staff.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank enmichels
Treasure Island
“Third shot is the CHARM”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I went when they first opened and they had first day jitters and the food was not good, by my second visit things were improving and now with my third visit it is FIVE STARS ALL AROUND.
I had the buffalo style Chicken sandwich, very tasty and HUGH probably 8 oz or better with Onion Rings for $9.95...a steal. I am glad that they have turned around, great bar great food and down the street. 5 thumbs up!

• Visited April 2014
Waterloo
“Good late night atmosphere”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We happened into the Brown Boxer one night when we were simply out for a drink & a late night snack. Convenient location a block back from the beach and in a strip amongst over restaurants and shops. Though busy, we got a table right away on the patio and were served in decent time. The soft pretzels with beer cheese were a great choice, highly recommend. Good service, good food; more of a sports bar feel, but appropriate for any group.

• Visited February 2014
Clearwater, Florida
“A tasty meal”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Saw their sign for AYCE snow crab on Tuesday and that caught my attention. My husband had a hamburger and enjoyed it. I had more than a few crab leg clusters with clarified butter and it was delicious. I liked that they didn't seem to play hide the crab with the AYCE, but just brought as much as you wanted. Can't really beat it for the price - $19.95) and I would go again. They seem to have different special throughout the week and it is a fun atmosphere.

• Visited March 2014