“3.5 star sports bar right near the beach! And pudding shots!!”

The Brown Boxer Pub & Grille
Ranked #59 of 735 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Brown Boxer is a 3 star place that deserves to be rounded up to 3.5 stars. I know how little sense that makes - why wouldn't I just say its a 3.5 star that I am rounding down to 3? Because, that sounds insulting, but if I say its a 3 star place that I am rounding up to 3.5, then it sounds complimentary.

If you knew me, you'd understand I rarely make any sense.

Anyway, is Brown Boxer worthy of your attention. Absolutely. Is it to die for? No.

The best thing about the Boxer is its location and set up. It's right on Mandalay Ave, so it's on the beach (technically, the other side of the street, but close enough). They also have both outdoor seating and open air seating which allows you to either sit outside, or sit inside but with the wall open so you get some air.

It's a great sports bar, with a ton of TV's, good beer selection, full bar, and plenty of bar food and your favorite sports bar appetizers. Food-wise, I wasn't too impressed. I got the pulled pork sandwich. It was far from the best I had ever had, but it was also far from the worst. It was decent.

So why am I rounding up to 3.5 stars? Well, location and setup is a big deal. It's just a nice laidback, open air, sports bar. Also...pudding shots. I am not kidding - you've heard of jello shots? Well they have pudding shots. We got a cookies and cream and also an espresso pudding shot. It was drinks and dessert all in one. YUM!

I understand they have other locations. I'm not sure any location is better than this one though. The biggest problem is the same problem with everything in Clearwater Beach - parking. But if you can find a place to park and are looking for a casual place to grab a bite after a day at the beach or to watch a game, you can't go wrong here.

1  Thank tbow77

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Waited nearly 30 minutes for my fish and chips. Of course, both fish & fries were frozen. Rest of my party had same opinions. Typical bar food. Not worth the wait and certainly not worth the money.

1  Thank mmwatters
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The brown Boxer has specials from 1.00 - 3.00 PM everyday. In addition they serve 10 wings for $5,00 everyday.anytime.
Great location and very friendly staff.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

After my doctors appointment in Clearwater we headed to Clearwater Beach in search of the Brown Boxer. Plenty of parking in the rear. We sat at the bar and had a great bartender. The drink prices were great and the lunch specials for $5 dollars were delish. We were told that there was another Brown Boxer on US 19 near our home in Palm Harbor. We were told it is even nicer than the Clearwater Beach restaurant. We are planning to go today and hope we enjoy as well.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely meal couple of times in 2012 and the following year in 2013. Never no complaints about anything. Loved it!