“Great place for a drink and an app, skip dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lobster Pot Bistro - CLOSED

The Lobster Pot Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Baymont
Transit: The Jolly Trolley & PSTA Trolley both stop at our restaurant. Be safe and enjoy the ride! The Jolly Trolley covers all of Clearwater beach from Tarpon Springs, Downtown Clearwater and runs every 20 minutes. Just tell the driver you want to go to The Lobster Pot Bistro and he'll let you know when to get off!
Description: Casual dining in the center of Clearwater Beach between Hilton & Sand Pearl resorts. Bring the family, kids menu available. Something for everyone from burgers to Surf n Turf, and you can add a lobster tail to any entree. Live music from local musicians to enhance the experience Appetizers, Hand Helds, Entree's, Desserts, late Night and Catering Full Liquor Bar
“Great place for a drink and an app, skip dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Recently went in after work one night. It's a great place for atmosphere. The crabcakes and tuna ahi were great. We ordered drinks and my martini was good. That's where the good stopped. Ordered the porterhouse and a glass of wine. It took about 40 minutes for the steak to arrive, so, of course, we had gone through more wine. By the time the steak arrived, we were far enough through the bottle that the bartender suggested we buy the bottle, as it would be less expensive. When we got the bill, we found out that the "house" bottle of Pinot Noir, we thought we were drinking was $60. In addition, our medium rare steak came out medium well, tough chewy, full of grizzle and 95% sirloin and 5% filet. And that was after waiting 40 minutes, remind you. I would only recommend this place as a starter for a cocktail and an appetizer. Go someplace else for dinner.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mneighbors

Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice Jazz Bar and Upscale Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Lobster Pot Bistro is a nice upscale restaurant for the Clearwater Beach area with a very nice jazz bar with live music. The prices are very upscale; however, they also offer smaller plates with smaller prices which is what we ordered. Got the Florida lobster tail, rice, and asparagus and it was very good. The waiter was knowledgable and very helpful and offered excellent service. We made reservations but it wasn't that crowded. It was walking distance from our motel and in the center of the Pier 60 area of shops and other restaurants.

• Visited March 2013
Media, PA
“Not a good choice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This restaurant is trying to be up scales but it was not very good. The atmosphere is pretty with nice ambience but the food was kind of lousy. I had escargot and they were too sweet. My daughter had a lobster roll, the lobster of which was elusive and swimming in so much mayo it was terrible. She sent it back and they did remove it from the tab. I had steamed clams which were passable except the juice they were in was unflavorful. The bread was yummy - warm and flakey and we ate lots of it! Our bill was pretty exorbitant also. The server was very nice

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank GwennieG
Erial, New Jersey
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Went for dinner. Had to wait about 15 minutes which worked out perfectly as sat at bar and bartender made my husband and me delicious cocktails. Matter of fact his was good the woman seated next to us asked for one also. My husband ordered the lobster bisque which he orders everywhere we go and is usually dissapointed. Not here. He said it was one of the best he has ever eaten and believe me that is saying something. Both our meals were very good and if I had been staying longer in Clearwater i would have returned.

Visited March 2013
Canada
“Not Value for Money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Lobster Pot Bistro has the appearance of an upscale restaurant. The tables are nicely set, the servers have white uniforms, the menu is fancy and appealing. However, this is pretty much a facade. We had onion soup and an entree. My wife liked the soup, I didn't. I thought it didn't have enough onion and bread. She liked her salmon entree. Our daughter thought her salad was average. I wanted a calamari appetizer. We arrived at 7pm and they were out of it. I settled for steamed clams which were good. The service was poor. At our first table the bus boy spilled a glass of water on the table. We switched tables and agreed to forgive the error. However, our waiter was less than attentive. We were halfway through the meal before our bread arrived. The bread were nothing special after-dinner rolls that didn't go well with the sauce of the clam dish. As we finished eating and were settling in to talk over our wine, our waiter showed up and emptied the bottle into our daughter's glass almost filling it. He then arrived with the bill which included a $20 charge for an entree we had not ordered or eaten. I had the bill revised. Our waiter seemed to be making errors because he was in a hurry to clean up his tables so he could end his shift. Before leaving I went to the washroom. It was bit dirty, but more importantly it had no towels. (Hard to know how the employees washed their hands.) Overall, the food is expensive, the food preparation is uneven, and the service is poor. You also want to check your bill.

• Visited March 2013