“Enjoyed our lunch”

Greek City Cafe
Ranked #178 of 755 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I had a gyro and my husband had a turkey pesto wrap. Both were very tasty. We got baked chips with our sandwiches and that was a pleasant surprise. You order and get a card with a letter on it and your food is delivered to your table. Our table felt sticky so I took some water and a napkin and wiped it off twice. It still felt sticky so either the table is of some sticky surface, or the table needs a good scrubbing with soap? I would go back for lunch.

Reasonable prices, my gyro was $6.29 and it was full of the delicious meat. Their desserts, which are right in the front case where you order, looked so good. Great planning putting that temptation in your face. I was barely able to resist. Maybe next time I'll just go for dessert. It was Friday at 2:00 p.m. and the place was very busy, so I think that they must have consistently good food.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is one of our favorite places to eat. The prices are great for the amount of food you get and it's about as close to real greek food as you can get without going to Tarpon Springs.

Our favorites: Gyro Pizza - gyro meat, feta cheese, onions, tomatos, tziki sauce on a thin crust.

Niko Pizza - chicken, spinach, onions, tomatos,cheese & a basalmic vinegar glaze to die for!

Two people can eat there for around $20 or less.

1  Thank FLtraveler34695
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I was driving home and craved Greek. I called my roomie and let her know I would be stopping by Greek City Cafe. She wanted the falafel and I got the gryo pita with extra tzatziki. While I waited for the order, I pointed and asked about the Greek yogurt cheesecake. Without missing a beat "Reno" replied amazing. And made "goo goo eyes" as he looked at the dessert case . I lol'd because of his sense of humor. And told him I appreciated the laughter because most cashiers did not exchange banter with customers. I thanked him for his excellent customer service and left. On Sunday, while driving home from visiting a friend, I was craving Greek. I reasoned the food was so good Saturday that I decided to go back. Greek City Cafe is on my list of neighborhood favorites.

2  Thank MsBBR
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I like the Greek salad even when they short it on the feta. I do not like getting two small pieces of pita bread when purchasing a regular salad. I do not like waiting to get my carry out order when the employee/cashier gets around to giving it to me. In other words I don't know what goes through the employees minds when it comes to carryout. Why short the customer? Why let the order sit on the counter right behind you for 5 minutes or more? And believe me this happens more often than not!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stopped here as a second choice when our first was closed, but were happy we did. Had the Gyro platter which was delicious and a good deal. My husband had the Falafal Gyro which also was very tasty. Good food for the money and a very pleasant staff.