“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!”

Shor American Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Shor American Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 708 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Coronado
Description: Come to SHOR and enjoy exceptional service and the freshest catch on the beach. SHOR restaurant an American seafood restaurant that is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The dining room is highlighted by a beautiful show kitchen and breath taking views of Clearwater Beach. For lunch we have all of your favorites including our grouper sandwich, lobster sandwich, cobb salad, and grilled flank steak. For Dinner we have a variety of small plates from calamari to American blue crab cakes. We also feature our shellfish bar where you can pick individual items or have us create a platter for you. Our seafood and meat selections are the freshest available. We have all your favorites such as grouper, snapper, filet mignon, NY strip loin, lobster ravioli, and scallops.
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I were staying in Madeira Beach but decided to take the Suncoast Trolley into Clearwater one night for dinner. After searching on Trip Advisor we finally decided on Shor. We wanted a nice romantic meal, great ocean views, amazing food, and awesome service...and thats exactly what we got! From the moment we walked into the lobby of the Hyatt hotel we immediately noticed how helpful the staff were. Someone greeted us and directed us to the restaurant. We had called ahead to make a reservation and since we arrived early we decided to grab a quick drink at the bar. The gentleman working behind the bar was extremely patient with us, as there were many different choices and we had a hard time choosing a drink! I had a mango/peach martini (can't remember its exact name!) and my husband had a Jai Alai beer. (Its an IPA beer from Tampa) Both were great!! We sat at the bar for about 10 minutes and the young lady (hostess) came over to tell us our table was ready. She led us to a table outside with an amazing view!! Our server quickly greeted us, introduced himself, and informed us of the specials for the evening. As we looked over the menu, he brought out some pretzel bread complimentary. It was so good!! Warm pretzel bread served with a fancy mustard dipping sauce! I ordered the chili lime mahi mahi. I opted for mashed potatoes instead of the jasmine rice it was served with and also broccolini instead of asparagus. It was by far the best meal I had had in a long time. The fish was so fresh, seasoned and cooked perfectly. It also had a tropical salsa that it was served with and it paired perfectly with the mahi mahi! The sides were great as well. My husband had the 12 oz. angus ribeye served with mashed potatoes and sautéed mushrooms. It was huge!! He loved his meal as much as I did! Our server was exceptional! He talked to us for a while about moving from central Florida to the coast, and also asked us about our hometown. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and was just all around a great server! To top off our amazing service and meal, we had an incredible view!! We watched the sunset and took plenty of pictures. We have been home from our vacation for over a week and are still talking about our meal and service at Shor! We are even considering staying at the Hyatt next time we are in Clearwater. It is without a doubt the nicest hotel, has the best service, and an awesome restaurant with the best views in Clearwater! We would recommend this restaurant to anyone!! It was the best!! Cant wait to go back!!

*On a side note-the restaurant is also kid friendly! They had a mini buffet bar set up for children that looked so good, I wanted to have it! :) Mac and cheese, veggies and dip...were a couple things I noticed! We actually overheard a family sitting near us raving about the kids buffet and how it was such a great value! Definitely a place to check out if you're traveling with kids!

** They also were advertising for their Easter Brunch! I peaked at the menu and it took looked amazing!! I honestly can't say enough good things about SHOR!!

There are newer reviews for Shor American Seafood Grill

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I'm not a huge fan of hotel restaurants, but Shor provides a quality dining experience. The service is friendly and prompt, and there's good variety on the menu. The calamari is very good, and normally I don't get very excited about calamari. The lobster ravioli actually has a good amount of lobster in it, and the other seafood dishes we had were top quality. Outside seating with a sunset view is a definite plus.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Its hard to get a 5 pointer from this Vet. Travis was an amazing server. The food was top notch. Calamari is the bomb! Surf n turf cooked to perfection. Scallops seared just the way we like em. Peach on the beach ..great cocktail. Only small complaint . I was served flat Gingerale . And that's it. Y'all made it happen for us on our stay.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We ate breakfast & dinner here several times last week. they have the BEST staff anywhere! Very attentive & pleasant! Monica & Andrea are very helpful w/ greeting & seating. Zach (the busboy?) is pleasant and Tim, William, & Justin are excellent servers! This is very good cuisine for a hotel!!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Food was excellent, I can't say we had any issue. Prices were funny bc the kids menu was a steal, excellent food, plentiful portions - and the adult menu was a bit over priced. We wound up ordering meals off the kids menu and having a perfect meal, starting with a salad - ha! The thing that bugged us with the very slow service, so, if they can pick it up on the service side (everyone was super NICE, just super SLOW), this place could be great.