“Not impressed”

Shor American Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Shor American Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 708 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Coronado
Description: Come to SHOR and enjoy exceptional service and the freshest catch on the beach. SHOR restaurant an American seafood restaurant that is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The dining room is highlighted by a beautiful show kitchen and breath taking views of Clearwater Beach. For lunch we have all of your favorites including our grouper sandwich, lobster sandwich, cobb salad, and grilled flank steak. For Dinner we have a variety of small plates from calamari to American blue crab cakes. We also feature our shellfish bar where you can pick individual items or have us create a platter for you. Our seafood and meat selections are the freshest available. We have all your favorites such as grouper, snapper, filet mignon, NY strip loin, lobster ravioli, and scallops.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Hyatt before but never tried the restaurant. We decided to give it a try and celebrate our anniversary with dinner there.

The staff first if all, is very nice and attentive throughout the hotel and the restaurant is no different. The food however is much to be desired. I ordered the salmon and my husband had the sea bass. He said his meal was mediocre and mine was a dry. The portion size was a joke for the price but since it wasn't good, maybe that was a good thing. The green beans that came with the meal were very tiny and there were about 5 beans on yellow and red tomatoes with salmon on top. Presentation was not appealing at all. I guess for the price I expect more than what we received at such an upscale hotel.

In the future we will stay on the property, as we love that part of it but to eat, we will go off property.

There are newer reviews for Shor American Seafood Grill

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Read reviews and wanted to try the restaurant. Went online to look at menu and had pretty much decided what I was going to have, however when we got there the menu had changed. Should keep website up-to-date. Chose to sit inside as it was so very warm out that evening. Was given table in the "kitchen" and were able to watch the chefs cook and get plates ready to go out. This was great as we are both "foodies". Calamari was out of this word. Calamari is very hard to cook and if it is not done right is very unappetizing. This was fantastic and not heavily breaded, you could tell it was hand breaded and not a pre-frozen breaded appetizer. Very tender and flavorful. Loved the fact that they had a few dishes healthy option. Chose the scallops grilled, wonderful, flavorful and just enough. View was good although unfortunately for us there was a building on the beach and we did not get to see the entire sunset, but still a very nice evening and good food.

1  Thank Brenda S
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our traveling companions had dinner here one evening and raved all week-end long. Good variety at breakfast. Choice of buffet or full menu. The Key Lime Waffle was unique and delicious. Staff was attentive and friendly.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I only ranked this poor because it is not what you would expect. My wife, son and I ate lunch there the other day with a guest. We had the (lump) crab cakes for an appetizer. My wife really liked those. My wife and I both had the Drunken Goat Cheese Mushroom Burger while our guest had the Blackberry BBQ Braised Beef Sandwich. Our hamburgers were suppose to be 'blackened'. If they were, they certainly didn't taste it. In fact, it was as if the hamburger had not been seasoned at all. Since it was $15 for a burger and fries, you would have expected it to 'pop', and it did not. In fact, a fast food burger and fries would have been comparable. Iced teas were $4 each. Three sandwiches, one kids meal plus tip totaled $96. Expensive lunch that would have been worth it had their food stood-up to their menu description. The upside is the view of the ocean and the wait staff was pleasant.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

One of the best meals we had while on the island. I recommend a sunset reservation on the patio with a nice bottle of wine, it is delightful.