“Special Night Out”

Shor American Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Shor American Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 725 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Coronado
Description: Come to SHOR and enjoy exceptional service and the freshest catch on the beach. SHOR restaurant an American seafood restaurant that is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The dining room is highlighted by a beautiful show kitchen and breath taking views of Clearwater Beach. For lunch we have all of your favorites including our grouper sandwich, lobster sandwich, cobb salad, and grilled flank steak. For Dinner we have a variety of small plates from calamari to American blue crab cakes. We also feature our shellfish bar where you can pick individual items or have us create a platter for you. Our seafood and meat selections are the freshest available. We have all your favorites such as grouper, snapper, filet mignon, NY strip loin, lobster ravioli, and scallops.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Four of us had dinner here to celebrate a big birthday! This was our first time here and the reviews were mostly good. And that's how I would rate the restaurant - mostly good. Let's start with the very good - the view is wonderful. We went for sunset and were not disappointed. The wine list is very good. The service was very good. The food was good, though my black grouper was underdone. Lots of seafood as you would expect and several other good options. Good desserts! Our table was near the front of the restaurant and the large bar area is right outside. It was very noisy. I recommend asking for a table further back but do try to get by the windows. This is an upscale restaurant in an upscale Hyatt so it's pricey. Overall we enjoyed it and will probably go back.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

basic hotel food, not my favorite, did have a nice view and was convenient for the hotel guests but I would not come here unless I was a guest and had to eat here

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at Hyatt and had come on from long day out so wanted somewhere handy to eat with kids. Not usually a fan of hotel restaurants we were in for a pleasant surprise! Lovely table on terrace and were able to get kids food straight away as kids buffet which was nice and good value. We started with calamari which were lovely an then surf & turf that we split cos it was getting late and we find USA portions too large sometimes. So the kitchen instead of just serving one dish and providing a spare plate sent out 2 immaculate plates of the most delicious lobster and stake I have ever eaten!
So good went back next night rather than risk being disappointed elsewhere. Had amazing mahi mahi and the lobster ravioli. Also choices at kids buffet were different too. Amazing again!
In fact, we returned again for the Sunday brunch - what an amazing feast all washed down with lovely champagne.
All lovely knowledgable staff - so nice that William our server from first night came over to say hi when we returned next evening even though we weren't in his section.
Cannot recommend this place highly enough.

1  Thank Mrsellyule
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We ate at Shor breakfast and dinner. Breakfast has a nice buffet and a wonderfully different menu with their own twists such as a breakfast Cuban. Plenty for the kids as well.
Dinner was fantastic! The buffet area transforms into their open kitchen. I ordered a flank steak with a chorizo hash and asparagus. Yum! Melts in your mouth.The steak comes with a house made steak sauce. My wife got the filet, so perfectly seasoned to put anything on it would be a crime. Again with my sons cheeseburger. Rarely do you find a burger so good you would ruin it by putting anything on it.
They also offer a nice kids buffet at dinner.
The view of the beach is nice too, with optional outdoor seating especially.
And on top of it all, you don't have to spend a fortune. Very reasonably priced.
Keep it up, Shor!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt for a romantic getaway this May. We decided to have an early, quiet meal together before going to see a movie. The hostess seated us next to the only other people in the restaurant: a family of 4 with two young kids! Not a great choice. Luckily, the food was fantastic. I had a red snapper dish that was light, not overly salted, with balanced seasoning. My wife had a superb grouper dish. The menu was disappointingly small, but we found and thoroughly enjoyed our choices. The service was completely insensitive to our desire to have a quiet, romantic dinner. The waiter made incessant small talk, and babbled about how much he loved the beach and what his girlfriend was like. It was so inappropriate, it almost took this lovely restaurant down to an average rating. But, he was prompt, relatively polite, and got our orders correct.

I suggest that the atmosphere might be better later in the evening when the kids are gone to bed and more customers keep the waitstaff busy. Don't rule this restaurant out! The prices were appropriate, the dishes creative and tasty, and the service was sufficient.