“Still worth the time”

Shor American Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Shor American Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 755 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Coronado
Description: Come to SHOR and enjoy exceptional service and the freshest catch on the beach. SHOR restaurant an American seafood restaurant that is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The dining room is highlighted by a beautiful show kitchen and breath taking views of Clearwater Beach. For lunch we have all of your favorites including our grouper sandwich, lobster sandwich, cobb salad, and grilled flank steak. For Dinner we have a variety of small plates from calamari to American blue crab cakes. We also feature our shellfish bar where you can pick individual items or have us create a platter for you. Our seafood and meat selections are the freshest available. We have all your favorites such as grouper, snapper, filet mignon, NY strip loin, lobster ravioli, and scallops.
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The patio dining is excellent a sunset view over the gulf....Doesn't get better....
Service is good, and the food is good...not great, but good.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

As our first trip to Clearwater, we wanted to eat somewhere nice and went based on TripAdvisor reviews. Since we have the Columbia down in Sarasota, we wanted somewhere local so it was between Shepherds, Bob Heilman's, or Shor.

As others have mentioned on here, they made us wait 15 minutes and said that they have others ahead of us but feel free to go to the bar across the hostess booth and grab a drink. This sounds like a way for them to make money at the bar while you wait, well luckily my date and I don't drink much and didn't want to fill up before dinner so we waited for them to call us. NOBODY came in since then and when they sat us there were probably 10 tables that had customers. What a joke! I'm not sure if 1) it's a way to get bar business or 2) the wait/kitchen staff was slow and needed time to catch up but whatever.

Once we sat down I noticed that two of the glasses were dirty but I didn't bother to say anything since it was on the outside of the glass but still. The pretzel bread was cold but I'm not sure if it's just served that way, it was decent.

We arrived at 8 and didn't leave until 9:30 and all we ordered was Grouper Bites (this was the best tasting thing we had. How can you mess up breaded fish?), Mac n Cheese (this was simple elbow pasta and had a ton of garlic), Sauted Vegetables (this was pretty good and had asparagus/squash/broccoli/peppers), and I ordered the Pan Seared Scallops ($14 so I'm thinking I should have at least 5 or 6 as I would at any hibachi place or something but nope, out come 2 cold in the center scallops!) at that point I was disappointed and wanted to leave.

We ate, paid, and left. We will not be returning thanks. At least they validated our parking.

1  Thank ANTMARSAN
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

The food, the view and the atmosphere were wonderful at the Shor Restaurant in the Hyatt Clearwater Beach. The thyme demi glacé sauce on the filet mignon was delicious and added the perfect touch to the steak. The lobster ravioli was impeccable and highly recommended. Our waiter was personable and knowledgable, but the service was extremely slow. That was the only complaint about this dining experience.

Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I usually don't like to eat at hotel restaurants. They are usually overpriced & just average. Shor did not fit this usual. The food was excellent & not badly priced. You must try the calamari appetizer. It is very different. Very thick pieces of calamari & a large portion.They had prime rib as a special. It was excellent & it came with 2 sides. The service was good but we had to ask for a few things several times because the waiter forgot. The strawberry shortcake dessert was excellent. We went up to the 8 floor for sunset pictures. Great meal. We would go back.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Pleasant and attentive waitstaff. You can watch the chefs prepare your meal in the open kitchen. Everything we ordered was great!