“Good but....”

Shor American Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Shor American Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 721 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Coronado
Description: Come to SHOR and enjoy exceptional service and the freshest catch on the beach. SHOR restaurant an American seafood restaurant that is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The dining room is highlighted by a beautiful show kitchen and breath taking views of Clearwater Beach. For lunch we have all of your favorites including our grouper sandwich, lobster sandwich, cobb salad, and grilled flank steak. For Dinner we have a variety of small plates from calamari to American blue crab cakes. We also feature our shellfish bar where you can pick individual items or have us create a platter for you. Our seafood and meat selections are the freshest available. We have all your favorites such as grouper, snapper, filet mignon, NY strip loin, lobster ravioli, and scallops.
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Visited Shor twice while in Clearwater. The first time was after the 4th fireworks and we stopped for dessert to let the crowds clear out. Can't say enough good about their desserts. The chocolate cake was excellent but the orange dream trifle was to die for!! One son had a good cheeseburger and another shrimp both of which were good for a late nite snack.

Second visit was for my birthday dinner. I had the blue cheese steak with some sort of noodles. Wish I could remember the name because it was super. Regular steaks also got good ratings as well as the mahi mahi and grouper. Again desserts were to die for. Our only complaint was the price. I'm not opposed to paying a premium price for a great meal but this food didn't quite rank as high as other places we visited. Service was excellent.

I am sure we will give Shor another try as it showed a ton of promise. The week we were there was the first weekend opened so they are sure to improve. The parking garage is now open also and is very convenient.....even if you are just going to the beach or pier.

1  Thank jharris29

Reviewed July 7, 2011

I ate dinner here with my family of 12 and was quite disappointed in the quality of the food relative to the price. The food quality was average but the prices were outrageous and definitely not what I expected from a Hyatt Hotel.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

It is not just the delicious breakfast buffet and the and the fantastic fresh seafood dishes that make this an excellent Hyatt restaurant, but the difference maker is THE PEOPLE & THE ACCOMMODATING SERVICE.

Sasha, Justin and the the entire staff ... we want everyone to know the fabulous hospitality and the extrordinary ability of you all to connect with us, that made this a vacation spot eatery that will continue to draw us back for more. We have already reserved for next year at the Hyatt :) ~Craig & Laurie (Belvidere, IL.)

1  Thank c_clueless_d
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Located in the Hyatt Hotel on Clearwater Beach the view from the dining room on the second floor are beautiful. The host (Caitlyn) requested my last name, which I thought was unusual. The complete staff from this point on addressed me as Mr._. I had the Wed. night special of $1.00 Blue point oysters from Conn.The main course was lobster ravioli which was excellent.

2  Thank 1Trader
Reviewed June 8, 2011

The 7 of us went here for a birthday lunch, the view was great, the service very good and the food technically was good. The crab cake starters were very tasty and the mahi mahi was delicious but served on a vegetable broth unfamiliar to us!!!! The complimentary birthday strawberry shortcake brûlée and basil cream was absolutely delicious. Overall the meal did not cost us much more than the beach bars style food and we would recommend it for something a bit different or for a special occasion but wine is expensive.