“Do it for the food..................”

Pierogi Grill & Deli
Ranked #71 of 725 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 727-216-3055 http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=pierogi+grill+clearwater,+fl&fb=1&gl=us&hq=pierogi+grill&hnear=Clearwater,+FL&cid=12088817337801959951&dtab=2&ei=DhQdTdjmAoeglAf00LnKCw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQqgUwAA
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife discovered the Pierogi Grill on trip advisor prior to our departure to the Tampa area. Being Polish from an upstate New York Polish neighborhood I naturally had to eat there. If you've ever been to a Polish Community Center or Polish Home its about the same décor, nothing fancy but clean with good food at a fair price. I had the mushroom pierogi which I never had before, even in Poland. The menu is extensive, we all thought our selections were very authentic and good. It's interesting to note that the restaurant originally opened as a Egyptian cuisine but did not make it, so the owner who was from Poland started introducing Polish food. He had a number of Egyptian restaurants in Poland, you just don't open a Polish restaurant in Poland. You get that type of food at home. Needless to say the Polish cuisine took off. The floor tile has Egyptian hieroglyphics and the lights continue the décor. Very interesting..... but do it for the food.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Maybe this isn't fair because we're Italian, but...The food was nothing like grandma used to make. My husband had a variety plate of 5 kinds of pierogis. They were stuffed with meat or cheese or ?... but all tasted the same. Heavy, bland, Potato based ravioli. I had schnitzel which was very thick and tough. I have had this elsewhere and it was thin, tender and delicious. Not here. The gravey was thick and bland. The only thing good was the sauerkraut. It was very mild by most standards, but eatable for me. We didn't care for it.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stopped at the Pierogi Grill today after reading about it on Trip Advisor. Having grown up with a Polish Grandmother ... I know pierogi's kielbasi, stuffed cabbage, etc ... these are the foods of my childhood. My grandmother passed 17 years ago .. .but lunch at the Pierogi Grill was like being in her kitchen, eating the food she loved to cook. It is not fancy ... but the food is authentic and yummy. There is also a small grocery with many foods imported from Poland. The service was adequate ... This is not a fancy place ... but if you are looking for authentic Polish food, try this!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

after driving by the pierogi grill a number of times with wonder, i finally made the stop and so happy i did!

let's be honest, i am not giving the pierogi grill 5 stars due to its amazing design. it's a dive and both the exteriors and interiors could use some work. i mean, the window by our booth had a bullet hole, which i didn't even think was possible in clearwater, but little do i know. in any case, do not let that discourage you, fellow lovers of eastern european* food, because if you can look past all that, you'll be treated with some amazing food at very reasonable prices and attentive, friendly servers. (* i say eastern european food because my family is lithuanian american and the majority of the items are nearly identical to what we would eat, save for some slightly different names or variations.)

the menu is huge, but i would think the majority of the people come here for the pierogi. you should too. they have a lot of varieties, even sweet dessert ones, which can be mixed and matched. they arrive to your table the way they should, with butter and onions, although they offer sour cream, should you wish. i had the mix plate and my husband had the kielbasa with 6 pierogi and sauerkraut. seriously amazing, i think i uttered like a word after they arrived and finished in less than 5 minutes. and i tried a bite of my husband's kielbasa and sauerkraut and wow, they tasted deliciously awesome too. but first we started with some potato pancakes for an appetizer and oh.em.gee. seriously, the best potato pancake i had outside of my grandma's kitchen. crispy on the outside, still creamy on the inside. it is like a gift from the gods for any potato lover. we ended our meal by sharing their chocolate raspberry torte, which was decadent but also so, so very good. if you are looking for a budget friendly carb fest, look no further. this place is legit.

after the meal, you can stop by the little shop in the back of the store and stock up on all your favorite polish goodies, including their frozen pierogi, meats, spices, teas, etc. very reasonable prices in the shop too.

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I by far am not polish, but love the food! This place is authentic and has some of the pierogi I have ever had! We came late one night while visiting the area and the staff was so friendly and the food was delicious. The next time I travel back to the Clearwater area this will be a must stop for some authentic Polish food.

1  Thank sandytoes83