“One of the best, authentic polish meals I've ever had in a Polish Restaurant.”

Pierogi Grill & Deli
Ranked #77 of 708 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 727-216-3055 http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=pierogi+grill+clearwater,+fl&fb=1&gl=us&hq=pierogi+grill&hnear=Clearwater,+FL&cid=12088817337801959951&dtab=2&ei=DhQdTdjmAoeglAf00LnKCw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQqgUwAA
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I am polish, grew up eating Polish food at home, with many places in NY close by to get my kielbasa, kabanosi and fresh meats from, while having grandma make me pierogi, bigos and golabki. I recently moved to St. Pete and was missing this food, and found it here at the Pierogi Grill. They have everything a polish guy like me could want, all authentic. Pierogi are outstanding, with minimal spices but melt in your mouth potato inside. The mushroom pierogi are also amazing. The key to good polish cooking is not spicing, but in working he flavor out of the actual food, and this place does it as well as grandma did. The borscht was amazing, the uszka to go inside it were delicious, and kabanosi and kielbasa to take home was great! I definitely recommend it, it is a must visit for any person that loves polish food and wants the best that the Tampa-Ste.Pete-Clearwater Florida area has to offer.

1  Thank Alex P
There are newer reviews for Pierogi Grill & Deli

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I just moved to Florida and we have been looking for authentic Polish food (we are Polish). We went to Pierogi Grill during the day yesterday to check out their deli and bought pierogi, borscht, uszka, and pickles to bring home. The pierogi (we bought potato and mushroom), borscht, and uszka were amazing!!!! The deli offers many Polish items that you can take home to make yourself both canned and frozen. We also bought several types of kielbasa and cabanossi and it was all delicious! Cakes, golabki, bigos, many type of pierogi, and many other Polish goodies are available to take home in the deli. The restaurant itself was very charming as it has been transformed with trees, light, and a fish tank (you know longer feel like you are on Gulf to Bay but like you are more magical) and my husband and I are excited to go back and actually eat in the restaurant and try more of the items on the menu.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and son grew up eating Eastern European food- kielbasa, pierogi, stuffed cabbage and borscht. As soon as they walked in they knew this was 'the place' We came here twice and did take-out one night during our vacation in Clearwater. It's easy to get to (right on a main road) and has free parking. We feasted on Ukrainian Borscht Soup (served with black bread), Pierogis, Stuffed Cabbage, Kielbasa, Potato Pancakes and Chicken Schnitzel- all fresh, all terrific. Friendly service. There is also a 'deli' in the back of the restaurant. Although they have meats to slice, they mostly have pre-packaged foods: grains, jellies, pickles, spices, teas, cookies....and candy. They do have frozen pierogis to-go. The restaurant decor is decidedly Egyptian- I guess this used to be an Egyptian Restaurant. Don't let that put you off. We left Clearwater and passed this restaurant on the way to the airport...we waived goodbye and wondered if they would deliver (or better yet, open up a sister restaurant) in New York. Yes, it was THAT GOOD. Another TripAdvisor find...Thank You TripAdvisor!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Yesterday my girl friend and I ordered take out from your restuarant and was pretty disappointed.
We felt we overpayed for food that was not prepared well. First of all the Pierogis were soggy and not well seasoned. They appeared to be microwaved from frozen. When having these type of dishes they need to be prepared fresh daily period and should have one or two people doing this making the pierogis exclusively.. The sausage was very good. The blinces would be better if portion was larger and served with frest fruit (strawberries).

1  Thank Avery H
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We drove by this place, and when I saw the sign, made my husband turn around to try it. We had lunch here and were glad we stopped. I began with the chicken soup which was delicious, then had a plate of pierogi's. Very authentic and very pleased! Hubby had the grilled kielbasa with sauerkraut which he enjoyed. Service was very good. There is a little market inside which sells Polish products (we bought some candy), baked goods, meats, etc. This is a genuine Polish restaurant, a real gem!