“Family Fun”

Above Average Charters
Reviewed March 9, 2013

What an awesome day of fishing with Captain Rich! He knew right where to find the fish. He knows what he's doing and even if you think you know fishing, he knows it better than you do! Our family of four(daughter age 9 & son age 8) had a blast and caught fish after fish. Total half day fishing 28 spanish makerel, 2 king and 4 bonita. Reservations were very easy and Helen was very friendly and helpful. Both Rich and Helen were down to earth and so friendly, I felt like I had known them all my life (and my daughter said the same thing!) - very, very nice people! I would highly recommend Above Average Charters to anyone who might be in this area and looking for some fun!

All reviews
"reeling"
in 11 reviews
"filleted"

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Richard showed us a great day. Drove straight out to the fish and the fun never ended. Caught tons of white grunts, grouper, bonita and mackerel all in 1/2 a day. Had a blast and would definitely recommend Above Average - name says it all!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Tried this charter out of the Clearwater Beach Marina because of Trip Advisor of course. Very happy with the choice. If you've never done off shore fishing before, as I hadn't, it is a must do at least once, and what better way to do it then with someone with 20+ years of experience, like Captain Rich. He was an excellent guide. Me and my dad did a 3/4 day charter and started the day trolling and finished with bottom fishing. Captain Rich took his time explaining exactly what we needed to do and how to react to bites and showed us how to cast and reel. The trip out to deep waters on the 3/4 day trip was fast, smooth, and relaxing. The boat is very well kept, fast, and comfortable for up to 6 people. We had a great day with lots of action and Rich put on a show when we got back demonstrating his fillet skills and cut up every one of our catch and packed it up for us to take home. We finished the day walking some of our grouper to Crabby Bills where they cooked it right away for us. Wow, is fish good when it's in your mouth literally 30 minutes after it stopped kicking! Just a great, memorable day thanks to Helen and Captain Rich! Don't think twice, book with Above Average!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Of all the multiple fishing charters offered along Clearwater Marina, we oringinally chose Above Average due to the friendliness of Helen (wife of Capt. Rich) she was very knowledgeable and outgoing, she didn't sell us some line to get us to book with us, but was very honest and outgoing! From booking the trip through filleting our shark, this was a great experience and we would highly recommend it to anyone! Capt. Rich was also very friendly, humerous...making fun of me when I was struggling reeling in a 5.5ft shark!! lol Told me to "Shut up and Reel!" We had a great time, caught 4 black tip sharks, the biggest being the 5.5ft!!! Definitely worth the price and an experience that we plan to have every time we visit Clearwater from now on!!!!

1  Thank Amanda M