“Awesome!”

Queen Fleet Deep Sea Fishing
Reviewed January 12, 2013

First after searching “deep sea fishing Clearwater” from internet for both reviews and fishing photos, I chose Queen Fleet, although they have lots good reviews from tripadvisor and zerve, but I still want to try half day at the first because I haven’t got too much fishing experience. I was really enjoyed then I did three times all day’s trip with them a couple of day’s later, caught a lot of fish and great fun!

The boat was very clean; the crew were very friendly and helpful. Due to the language barriers, when I first time on the boat, I was not sure what I am going to do at the first. I met Craig, he helped me to get the fishing rod and then found a seat, taught me how to fishing step by step. Because I haven’t got too much experience, he helped me a lots to check my rod position and also changed my fishing hook a few times. He was really nice and patient person! During the all day’s trip, he helped me to choose better bait; I even got a lovely Hogfish! I really appreciate his kindness! Another guy -Tim was great too! I have never seen such hard-worker like him, he seems never stop working, always busy on the deck, providing the cut bait, assistance with landing , unhooking fish, cleaning the deck and finally cleaning the fish! He was really friendly and well experience as well! Todd was really great too, gave us good instruction and always very kind! He and Bob really knew where to put us to hit when they driving the boat!

All in all, I really appreciate it! I had a great time with Queen Fleet, I would highly recommend Queen Fleet, 10 0ut 0f 10.

Some tips for new customer:
1. Get the live bait if you want to get more fish. You can buy live bait from the bait house which very closes to the Booth of Queen Fleet.
2. Crabby Bill’s can cook the fish for you, the charge not expensive.
3. Craig cooked very yummy food, don’t miss it when you on the boat.

Also got one suggestion for Queen Fleet, but not sure they can see it or not:
Will you consider creating the seasonal ticket? Or monthly or weekly?

3  Thank mangocatcat

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I went on this boat twice. If you and your family have never been deep sea fishing, this will be a blast as you will catch plenty of fish to take home. However, if you have been on other party boats, especially on the atlantic side of Florida in the Cape Canaveral area, you will be disappointed. The deck hands are less than helpful unlike the Atlantic side. The waters are not all that deep so you don't catch a lot of variety. You will catch a lot of grunts (which the whole Clearwater area falsely advertises as Gray Snapper...they are not Gray Snapper). True Gray Snappers are also known as Mangrove Snappers which I didn't see a single one getting caught. These grunts are not even in the snapper family! I don't know how they get away with it but this is how they trap the tourists. Again, fun for the family who rarely fishes but not for the sport fisherman! I've even seen private charters in this area only bring back grunts and porgies. There's really no challenge in catching those fish. If you want a real deep sea experience, I would recommend one of the party boats in the Cape Canaveral area such as the Orlando Princess or Ocean Obsession. You get food, beverages, and much better service with the deck mates included in the price of the ticket.

4  Thank Paul H
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have been out several times on the Gulf Queen's All Day trip and normally have a good time. I can say that I have about 4 negative experiences, and each occurred when Tim was the Deckhand.
I have learned my lesson.
I went on yesterday's Saturday All Day trip ... and as 1 other Review said ... "Boo!!!" for Tim the Deckhand. Here are my reasons:
1) He shows favoritism towards his fishing friends onboard. I caught a Red Grouper, which the other fisherman around me all said "keeper". Tim saw me holding the fish, yet ignored the I needed the fish to be measured. I had to call Tim over and ask for him to check the measurement. Tim spent all of approx. 1 or 2 seconds measuring then said "short", and tossed the Grouper back into the water.
The other fisherman responded: "awww, that looked like a keeper to us".

But, when Tim's fishing friend caught a Grouper, we could all see that his fish was definitely below 20 inches; however, Tim spent at the least 45 seconds to a minute "stretching" the fish, and then said "he's good".
The 2 fishing guys on both sides of me both said, your Grouper was much bigger than his. So when Capt. Bob started the boat and announced that we were moving to a different spot (meaning Tim had to go to the front of the boat to work the anchorline) we fishing guys measured the Grouper the Tim had placed inside of the Blue Fishing Box, and discovered that the Grouper WAS ONLY 18 INCHES, which the minimum to keep has to be 20 inches.

2) Often the fish that some of us caught remained in the Bucket for over 2 stops, getting baked by the sun!

I have NEVER had a bad experience whenever Todd or Cody was the Deckhand.
I do reccommend Queen Fleet fishing trip, but do not go when Tim is the Deckhand. Todd or Cody will take care of your Fish and give you much better service!

4  Thank Lee33673
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The staff was quite helpful in helping us bait our hook, taking fish off the hook, cleaning our fish, etc. We were a bit nervous and the staff showed us exactly what to do and we ended up catching 6 red snapper fish. We took them over to a nearby restaurant where they cooked them to perfection for our lunch. We will definitely be back to the Queen Fleet on our next visit to Clearwater. I highly recommend a half day trip on this boat. 4 hours was plenty of time for the novice fisher ladies to have a great time! What great memories we created!!

1  Thank 271Clevegirl
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I booked the all day fishing trip as pay of a birthday gift to me. The staff was excellent from check in to bagging our cleaned catch. The captain was quick to relocate the boat as soon as the bite died off at a site. Everyone on board caught fish and some of grouper were 10 pounders.
The boat is in great shape and the bait worked good. The mates were helpful and not far away if you needed something.
The Onboard galley is inexpensive and very convenient, the burgers weren't bad either.
The only negative to the entire experience was cigarette and cigar smoke, seriously! The smokers need to be assigned an area of the boat and cigars? Come on, it's the 21st century! If you want to smoke these smelly turds, fine if its at your house but in public. I do not know of anyone not smoking a cigar that appreciates it.
Great boat, great crew, great weather, great fishing, great value but having the refreshing ocean air spoiled by smokers, bummer :(

3  Thank HoustonTravlinDave