“It's Average”

Add it.
Country buffet
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 2, 2013

There is nothing southern country style about the food. It is Asian owned and kitchen is staffed by Mexican men. Lots of food that is average at best. If you like to over eat and don't care about quality give it a try.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our family of 4 ate at the country buffet on east bay dr and was surprised at the size of the restaurant. It was crowded and food was hot. I loved the Hawaiian chicken and also the hibachi grill where they cook what you want in front of you. Will be back!!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

For years I have been going to the oriental buffet and it is always tha same bland food and same desserts 3 kinds of pastries 3 kinds fruits and 2 kinds of puddings so for a change I stopped and ate at the country buffet on east bay dr all I have to say is wow great tasting food lots of different fruits lots of different desserts place was clean food always replaced quickly the only thing I would like is that the place was cooler for me it was hot in there waitresses we're efficient at replenishing drinks and pricing was average I would definitely return and highly recomend

1  Thank tatataz
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We have eaten there for lunch several times since June 2012. Large variety of food. I like most but not all the items. Some seem not to have been Americanized, like the large fried shrimp. Several long counters featuring main course items. There is a large salad bar, desert bar, sushi bar. Friendly and helpful waitresses. Lunch hour prices are low compared to other Chinese restaurants in Clearwater. Price for very young children is based on their age. For example, price of lunch for a 3 year old is about $1.50 (and a 3 year old can eat a lot).

Reviewed May 5, 2012

My family and I love eating here. We go early, by 5 p.m. to beat any rush.

The Chinese food is okay. We go predominantly for the crab legs, sushi and shrimp. The crab legs display is always pretty lame and you ALWAYS have to ask the workers to bring out more. They are good - but they have had better in the past. They have you-peel 'em shrimp - but they do not a decent cocktail sauce. Sushi is good as well. They have raw oysters & clams and crawfish. There is a Mongolian grill for those who like that.

There is scoopable ice cream - which is good. My wife and I use the soup bowl to maximize our dessert experience.

The male manager/owner is always standing around and yelling (in Chinese) - it is bizarre. The servers, all Chinese females, are all pleasant. They have piped in music (via I-Pod) and they always seem to have Michael Jackson songs playing.

We go often and we take notice when things are not up to par. This restaurant fluctuates between average and very good. This is however, one of the better Chinese Buffets in the area. You probably will not be disappointed. Go hungry.

They do have a senior discount, but YOU have to ask for it. There is also a 10 or 15% discount coupon in the local penny saver.

1  Thank cdrake3460