“Great variety”

Add it.
Country buffet
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 11, 2013

For years I have been going to the oriental buffet and it is always tha same bland food and same desserts 3 kinds of pastries 3 kinds fruits and 2 kinds of puddings so for a change I stopped and ate at the country buffet on east bay dr all I have to say is wow great tasting food lots of different fruits lots of different desserts place was clean food always replaced quickly the only thing I would like is that the place was cooler for me it was hot in there waitresses we're efficient at replenishing drinks and pricing was average I would definitely return and highly recomend

1  Thank tatataz
There are newer reviews for Country buffet

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We have eaten there for lunch several times since June 2012. Large variety of food. I like most but not all the items. Some seem not to have been Americanized, like the large fried shrimp. Several long counters featuring main course items. There is a large salad bar, desert bar, sushi bar. Friendly and helpful waitresses. Lunch hour prices are low compared to other Chinese restaurants in Clearwater. Price for very young children is based on their age. For example, price of lunch for a 3 year old is about $1.50 (and a 3 year old can eat a lot).

Reviewed May 5, 2012

My family and I love eating here. We go early, by 5 p.m. to beat any rush.

The Chinese food is okay. We go predominantly for the crab legs, sushi and shrimp. The crab legs display is always pretty lame and you ALWAYS have to ask the workers to bring out more. They are good - but they have had better in the past. They have you-peel 'em shrimp - but they do not a decent cocktail sauce. Sushi is good as well. They have raw oysters & clams and crawfish. There is a Mongolian grill for those who like that.

There is scoopable ice cream - which is good. My wife and I use the soup bowl to maximize our dessert experience.

The male manager/owner is always standing around and yelling (in Chinese) - it is bizarre. The servers, all Chinese females, are all pleasant. They have piped in music (via I-Pod) and they always seem to have Michael Jackson songs playing.

We go often and we take notice when things are not up to par. This restaurant fluctuates between average and very good. This is however, one of the better Chinese Buffets in the area. You probably will not be disappointed. Go hungry.

They do have a senior discount, but YOU have to ask for it. There is also a 10 or 15% discount coupon in the local penny saver.

1  Thank cdrake3460
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Huge buffet with tons to choose from. Sushi wasn't great, but everything else was very good. Will be going back soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2010

This is a typical Chinese Buffet. It is huge, it is always crowded, it is reasonably priced. Large selection of both Chinese and American items. We've encountered these types of places that have run the gamut of being horrible all the way to fantastic. This is not the best of the best, but it will not disappoint. We've tasted everything over a number of visits and have never found an item we didn't like. This is a very popular place. Wait staff is just off the boat, so you may have a little trouble communicating...Don't know why it's called "Country".

1  Thank SixcDogTeam