“SHHHH !!!! its a secret”
Review of Bait House

Bait House
Ranked #11 of 696 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Homerglen,ill
“SHHHH !!!! its a secret”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

A definate MUST STOP when in the Clearwater area. Looks like a regular bait shop until you walk thru to the back where you find a bar, little kitchen and a deck area

Try the shrimp IT ROCKS !!!!

Great food / drinks / people

2 Thank ibwhte

Key Largo
“Sure didn't taste like bait”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Bait shop turned into a trendy little watering hole and restaurant. All outside on the docks at Clearwater Marina.

Visited November 2011
Charleston, South Carolina
“Cold One on a Hot Day”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Need a cold one on a hot day while in Clearwater Beach? The Bait House sits at the end of the marina in Clearwater Beach by the Gulf to Bay Causeway. They sell much more then bait - cold beverages, hot chow and smiles. The Bait House is a dump... a good dump like the old time Florida raw bars. The kind of place you have to try before they're all replaced by clean, respectable chain restaurants. If you love the sound of oyster shells hitting metal trash cans (reminds me of slot machines), glass bottles clicking in toasts and lots of laughter - sit on the open deck at the Bait House around sun set and tell that cute blond waitress I say howdy.

2 Thank bikergunny
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food where you can eat outside by the pier”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Went two days. In a row. Girlfriend had tuna nachos one day and shrimp tacos the next. I had amber jack one day and wahoo quesadillas the next. Both were good and fresh. Nice beer selection.

Clearwater, Florida
“Back on my favorites list!!!!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I went with my husband and some of our friends, hoping to fall back in love with this place again. Well I am back in love again!! We had the Tuna nachos for an appetizer. They we so great we ordered another batch. I had Triple tail on my ceaser salad. I never had tried Triple tail before. The waitress highly recommended it. It was excellent!!! The salad dressing was home made and very unique compared to any other ceaser dressing I ever had, but it was delicious! My husband had their burger and our friends had fish sandwiches. Everyone was extremely happy with their meals. Our waitress was excellent! We were sad to hear that for fire hazard reasons, the city won't let them make their fresh potato chips anymore. They were the best ! The chips they served instead were still good. Everything they do at The Baithouse, you can tell they put their hearts into making it different and great. Everything is real fresh...right down to their homemade coleslaw. This was one of my very favorites when they first opened. They slipped for me for a while, but they are right back up there. Definitely our go to place for excellent casual food on the beach. Great location overlooking Clearwater Bay! Don't miss this hidden gem. It is hard to find, unless you are told about it or happen to come upon it tucked back in the Clearwater Marina.

• Visited October 2011