“Plesant surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 11 Clearwater B&B and Inns
Coventry, Connecticut
“Plesant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We decided to take a side trip from Celebration to Clearwater Beach for two days and we chose Gulf Beach to be our base for the overnight. The gentleman I made reservations with that morning was the same as who greeted us at check-in and he could not have been any more pleasant. My wife would have preferred a hair dryer in the bathroom but all in all,the room was clean, comfortable, and well-kept and only steps away from the beach. We would recommend the Gulf Beach Inn to anyone looking for a clean, relaxing place at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Richard R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and i and another couple stayed in 2 suites at the inn for a short getaway to the beach. The manager was very nice and very helpful and the accomadations were spotless. Thanks for the great time coach!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vic b
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Staff is horrible. manager is money hungry lair. Place is old and the room i entered stunk. refrigerator was rusty. I would never ever stay there. Trust me do not fall for their lies. they remove the true comments the one that describe this place the way it is DUMP. So do don't stay there because we had nothing but horrible time. Place across the street Travelodge is 100 times better and its right on the beach. I would Strongly stay away from this place. If you want rent the room for one night and you will see what i am talking about. Do not fall for their lies online.

Room Tip: Not a good one in my opinion. All old. One I entered was stinky and had rusty refrigerator. My garag...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Truthfulo
TheGulfBeachInn, Front Office Manager at Gulf Beach Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2014
Thank you for your comments and we apologize for any issues you may have had.
We are now under new management, we are doing renovations in all the rooms, we have added 2 parking areas at either side of our property. We have desk agents on property from 8am to 12am to help you with any questions or concerns you may have.

If you come back to Clearwater Beach and decide to give us another chance, please do not hesitate to call us at 727-447-8714 or email us at thegulfbeachinn@gmail.com directly and mention that you have stayed with us in the past.

Thank you.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Came here on Vacation from Lebanon Indiana . This place is Great ... Jay & Sandy are AWESOME & are the most Gracious , Loving & Caring people we have met, We have made great new friends with Jay & Sandy... They have made us feel so welcome n have treated us like Family...We got Married on the beach on Wednesday ( 8-28-13 ) at 7:30 pm , We asked Jay & Sandy to stand up with us ( which was also my Birthday ) .., Sandy was so helpful , She contacted Krystal from " A Walk to Remember, Ceremony Vows " she told us where to go to get our cake , she helped me look for a Dress & even made my Bouquet . we had a Romantic & Elegant Reception at the Hotel .. This was their first Wedding for the hotel . We feel honored to have been the first couple to get Married here .. We have had a Fantastic time ... The hotel is so nice n cozy n it feels like home , It's very quite n the rooms are nice ... We have enjoyed our stay here so much ,that we are going to be moving here with in the next couple of months . I totally & Highly recommend The Gulf Beach Inn !!! Thank you .. Mr & Mrs Huntsman

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 8_28_132013
Atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Why did I stay here?I planned my vacation one week prior to July 4th, and there were slim to none chances of getting room elsewhere under $250 a night...so, this was cheap and it's conveniently a short 1 minute walk to the beach, but I should have read these reviews and gone elsewhere! With that said, I will never stay here again. The place is really that close to being a dump. I did not expect much for a $100 a night stay during a holiday but also was not happy to see an actual roach pop out near the shower!

Also WiFi only available apparently if you sit at the pool. They do charge you for parking at almost $3 a day, but they do not really clarify that to you at check-in.

NOTE: IF you DO BOTHER TO COME HERE: Do not accept room# 2. You will get a load of people knocking on the door, because the sign still points to this room being the "Office", and it is on the sidewalk level, only about 7 ft away from the main street, so you get all the car noise, all the drunken noise and all the pedestrian noise. TV in the room, but no remote.

BED/BEDDING: Horrid: the bed sheets are so old, I can actually see thru the corner of it. It was like looking thru Saran wrap in some parts of the "sheet". They feel more like a shower curtain liner. Room was atrocious. The configuration of the bathroom was so ridiculous that once you turn the shower on, the stream of water pretty much pushes the curtain off. The shower is pointing to the toilet and its a sorts of stall so the water shoots out thus inundated the bathroom floor. Bathroom has no AC vent, so it doubles as sauna and smells like dampness.

The management is harder to get a hold of. You probably have better luck trying to contact the President of our great nation. Their hours are until 6 PM, but they tend to go out of the little office and lock the door (Yes, even during checkout time of 11am!) and you just have to figure it out on your own most of the time.

The on-site manager failed to put the complete dates of our stay on a "parking pass" piece of paper given to us, so we got a parking ticket the morning after our first night. Granted, we got a "refund" for the $11 charged for the parking, but we may end up paying the ticket if we cannot fight it with the issuing agency (and we live in GA). And the on-site manager did his best to avoid acknowledging HE made the mistake of not putting on the correct dates on the pass! Nice avoidance. I guess he won't tell the owners what happened, b/c this $25 fee would obviously come out of his pocket, so he is definitively not offering to pay it, he just does not want to explain that to the owners! DO YOUR JOB!

Room Tip: Choose a room elsewhere, but do not take #2 if you do bother to stay here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank venni1973
New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Let me start off by saying I was looking forward to a vacation with my son and wanted to treat him to something special. Our time at the Gulf Beach Inn was exactly what I wanted and more. Jay and Sandy couldn't have made us feel more welcome. My first impression was how incredible clean our room was. Also the pool, they had not only bbq's but utensils for us to use. From the moment we arrived Sandy and Jay treated us like family as if visiting them at their own home. We intended on spending 3 nights and ended up spending our whole vacation with them. The guest that arrived we're also friendly and everybody talked and visited like we had all been friends for years. This is the atmosphere at the Gulf Beach Inn, "home with family and friends". My son and I have spent 24 years vacationing in Clearwater beach and we have both decided that we won't being staying anywhere else on vacation and intend on making this our new family tradition. Jay, Sandy thank you so much your hospitality and friendship it will never be forgotten. Looking forward to seeing you at Thanksgiving. Your friends Kathy and Nick.

Room Tip: They have many rooms to choose from, regular hotel room with microwave and full size refrigerator, s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathy O
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We went to Clearwater Beach for a 3night getaway for the 4th of July and stayed here on the last night because the Silver Sands (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) was booked full on that night. We couldnt check in til 3pm so we were in limbo for a few hours which at first was no big deal because we spent that time on the beach but when a storm quickly rolled through at 2:30pm we got soaked and by 3pm we walked up to the office to check-in soaking wet and just wanted to dry off and relax and the office is CLOSED!! Really??? Are`t they expecting check-ins at this time. They left a sign on the window "Be back in 30 mins" We called the number a couple times explaining that we were stuck outside in the rain and would like to check-in ASAP. No return call after 20mins so I called back and he answered this time and said he would have our room open and ready so we could just run in and dry off. Great!! but it gets worse!! We reserved a Queen bed on second floor a month ago and even called a couple days before to confirm that reservation so when our wet butts realize our room was down low I was getting my red flag ready as we walk in and see two double beds instead of the Queen bed!! Red flag!! We wanted a Queen because we were on a romantic getaway not two tiny doubles!! What if I was traveling with my stepmother would I have gotten a single Queen bed then?? LMAO Anyways yes it still gets worse! We tried to get over it and make due and went out to enjoy a nice dinner and arrived back around 11pm expecting quiet time... Yeah right!! The room above us had some party goers that were cussing all night and stomping their feet on the floor right above us and i was freakin POed now!! The place is not well maintained and a tile fell out in the tiny bathroom which is so tiny that the toilet sits so close to the wall the toilet paper roll was sitting on my lap. I am not making this stuff up so please just take my word and try Silver Sands instead Its cheaper and nicer and it has a kitchenette and much more charm!! Oh I forgot to mention, their excuse as to why I didnt get the room I wanted is because Booking.com assigns the rooms automatically and they had no control of this. I didn`t use Booking.com I called directly to the Gulf Beach Inn! Hmmm I will not be back even though he offered a free night if I call him directly which is what I did in the first place. I saw all the possitive reviews and they are what enticed me to stay here. Im wondering now if my review will be censored or removed because I heard that Trip Advisor does that for members of their website so I will also post on Yahoo.com GOOD LUCK AND HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE TIME IN CLEARWATER BEACH

Room Tip: Room 104 very tiny shower and tiles are loose and AC unit will freeze you like a ice chest and you c...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple