“Awesome!!”

Abe's Place Tap & Grill
Ranked #57 of 693 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Abe's Place has an upbeat atmosphere that appeals to all ages. It's a great place for lunch or dinner. We offer soups, salads, sandwiches, wraps, and awesome wings (try them boneless} with a choice of 12 different sauces. Entrees include ribs, steaks, shrimp and fish 'n chips. Whether it's a reasonable priced meal, happy hour drink pricing all day or just a place to grab a cold beer (44 on tap) and watch your favorite team (32 large TVs' with different events). You also could grab a mic and sing your heart out (karaoke 5 nights a week) Whatever your mood Abe's Place is the place for you. Abe's Place - Where the local's go!
Dunedin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Awesome service and great staff!! We love Lauren!! The food was good and its peaceful on the patio on those slower nights ;)

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jay M

Orlando, Florida
“Buffalo Shrimp Bowl!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Found this place about a year ago and make it a must every time we go out to the west coast. I am a HUGE wing fan but this place really disappointed me great sauce but very blah wings. Who ever thought of putting the sauce on the shrimp is a GOD! The price is rite and the taste is GREAT.

• Visited December 2012
Andover, United Kingdom
“Friendly local bar”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This bar was within walking distance of the place that we stayed. The staff and locals were all extremely friendly to us and gave us a fantastic insight into American style bars and meals. The food was excellent with very generous portions so much so that we did not actually cook at all preferring to revisit this excellent place. The pricing is seriously good. You can go bar style or sit down in a more restaurant style area joining in with the karaoke if you so wish. The bar area had several TV screens covering all kinds of viewing including English footie (an added bonus for us). Thank you Mugs, we will be back.

• Visited November 2012
Florida
“Change from Mugs 'n Jugs???”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been to this location several times, but it used to be called "Mugs 'n Jugs". I remember that their wings were absolutely succulently delicious! But, it has been a few years since I have visited the restaurant.
Since I was craving wings, I drove there and noticed the name change and wondered, but figured it was close enough that maybe it was the same owners/company?
I was greeted by a very nice hostess and since the inside was very stuffy with not a pleasant smell (bar type of lighting, seating, with sports on all the TVs.) I sat outside. Yikes! Forgot that sitting outside means people are smoking cigarettes. So, I knew this would be a quick trip to eat a few wings and take the rest home.
My server was very nice, always called me "sweetie", which I didn't mind. :) And within 6 minutes of placing my order, the wings came to my table which implies that they were sitting in a wing vat pre-cooked. Sadly, that is how they tasted! I had garlic parmesan which has minimal garlic taste and pieces of parmesan on the top. They were dry --- I was so disappointed!!! :( I also had honey BBQ wings which were definitely cooked hours earlier. I ate a few and took the rest to take home for leftovers; sadly, they were no better at my home.
Oh! I was so disappointed!! The only positive I have to say about my experience is the server, the hostess, and the outside hostess who I overheard telling another table that she much prefers to work outside as the inside is very stuffy with no air flow. Whew! I feared it was just my imagination.
No, I won't be back. There are too many options for wings within a 10 mile radius of my home and workplace.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank DLFlorida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top notch”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Came in for dinner had tilapia and wings wife had filet tips, all was delicious. Service was good place was clean. Will definitely be back.

1 Thank foodie104