“Not worth it. Find another place To eat.”

Kobe Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar
Ranked #113 of 690 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Not worth it. Find another place To eat.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Ordered Lobster and filet. Lobster was ok. Filet was full of grizzel. Although the manager gave me $9 off the total bill. I would of rather paid full price for a nice meal.

1 Thank Mrbenfranklin

Tampa, FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Celebration”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We celebrated my son's last day at home over Christmas break. We had started out heading to a favorite spot for grouper sandwiches and a sunset, but they decided to close early that day. When asked what his next choice was, my son selected Japanese steak house. After quite a drive down 19, we found Kobe' in Clearwater. The food and service was very good.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ltcoolbean
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Best Birthday Celebration”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We celebrated our friend's birthday, and our food was cooked to perfection. At the end of the meal, all of us needed boxes to carry home what we could not finish. We did eat at the grill area, and the birthday girl did get a free meal on her birthday. For the bill on her day, it was the least expensive meal - not her meal. Had we known, we would have tried to keep our meal prices similar. She was given a cupcake for her special day, and it was delicious. We have to take her word for it since it was just for one - the birthday girl. We will probably return to celebrate another birthday!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Courtenay O
Crystal River, Florida
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Awesome place, great food, great service. The cook was great the show was entertaining and te portions of food were bigger sized compared to other restaurants like this. The atmosphere was great my kids loved the walkway pond with Koi fish. We will recommended to everyone!!

Clearwater, Florida, United States
“HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

The management staff at this restaurant do NOT care about their consumers. We have been going to this restaurant regularly about 2-3 times a month to enjoy the tuesday night free kids meals. Me and my husband always order the same meal every time. We have three children but only two would be free. Today we were celebrating my son's 6th birthday and understood with only two adults there would still only be 2 free meals..just he would get the cupcake at the end. We are very familiar with this. I alway order the Kobe Deluxe sushi MEAL that comes with the soup and salad and same price as the hibachi grill meals. I dont care for the grill meals so I always have ordered this and always happy with it. My husband always orders the Filet and Lobster. Our bill every time even with the two free kids meals always ends up to be around $100. But today the head manager told me one meal is free because I am ordering sushi. I said since when? We have been coming here for well over a year and they didn't care. His only answer was "its policy" Not anywhere was the policy listed on the menu or posted in the restaurant...nor on coupons and mailings. This is false advertising. And odd because we never had this issue before. They would not accomodate us at all. I asked them would they rather us leave or provide my son with his free birthday meal? They didn't care if we left!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!! So we did and we had a crying birthday boy. We were laughed at by the management and were horribly embarassed!! Please be forwarned on being treated like outcasts when you go there.

• Visited August 2012