“Great food, service, views and value for money!”

Maggie Mae's Sunrise Cafe
Ranked #13 of 708 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Voted best breakfast and lunch in Tampa Bay area. Diner style food. Southern charm.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Excellent place to visit for a reasonably priced breakfast or lunch, large portions and great food.Handy if you are staying at the Marriott on Sand Key or in that area.

There are newer reviews for Maggie Mae's Sunrise Cafe

Reviewed July 23, 2013

You get a huge option of choices with prices being very reasonable. Service is great too. When you arrive sign the sheet & wait to be called. Sit inside or outside. It was a 5 minute walk from the Sheraton Sands Key hotel.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I walked here for breakfast this morning since it was right next to the Marriott where we are staying. You can sit outside on the deck looking over the bay or inside. The staff was very friendly and the menu had many choices for great prices. Our food was wonderful and the friendly, laid back atmosphere was great. We will definitely go back before we leave.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband loves this place because he enjoys his brealfast and they have the standard breakfast fare and it is always done right. We went together a few days ago and, after a 25 minute wait or so, were seated.

This isn't what I would consider a comfortable eating establishment. We could have gotten in the door (Yes, the wait is outside) earlier but turned down the seats at the counter. I am glad we did.. The counter stools look cramped and are in the middle of a lot of activity.

Service was not good. The young ladies there appear to be used to being rushed and busy. While they may have done their jobs all right, I didn't like feeling rushed myself at breakfast. When we got our drinks, the waitress barely slammed the drinks on our table before turning away for some other task elsewhere. Along with a small indoors area, this just doesn't make the best way to start the day, imo!

But I have to admit, the breakfast looks great. Everything my husband ordered (eggs, biscuit with gravy, potatoes) looked well-prepared and delicious. I had the Banana Foster's French Toast myself, as I usually only indulge on the sweet items on a breakfast menu with coffee. They overdid the rum and the bread was too bready, but overall it was a good sweet treat. I did try some of the skillet potatoes (?) and they were very tasty.

This is a great place for a breakfast lover who wants a consistently well-prepared and delicious breakfast at a great price.

This isn't a great place to go if you want a relaxed, leisurely kind of breakfast with coffee. They kinda need your table.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I came across Maggie Mae's while looking at reviews here on tripadvisor. This restaurant was in walking distance from the Sheraton Sand Key as well at the Marriott. We walked over to the Café for a late breakfast/early lunch. We were able to get in right away. We tried to go on a Sunday and there was a huge wait. My husband ordered chicken fried steak and I had the turkey club with fries. It was DELICIOUS!!! The portions are huge and neither of us could finish. I loved all of the little details they have like the trivia cards at each table. The husband and I quizzed each other while we waited for our food. There is also a sign that says rude people will be charged a cover charge of $10. We will for sure be back one our next visit to Clearwater.