“Exceptional from beginning to end”

Maggie Mae's Sunrise Cafe
Ranked #13 of 713 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Voted best breakfast and lunch in Tampa Bay area. Diner style food. Southern charm.
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My wife and I have just come back from honeymoon. We were staying at the nearby Sheraton and a member of their staff tipped us off that this was a good place to try.

And they were spot on. We went for five of the seven days we stayed. The servers made us feel very welcome and valued and I could point to several different items (eggs benedict, signature hash and the four item omelette to name three) which offer phenomenal value and on each occasion sorted us out pretty much until tea time. Endless coffee refills and generally very unhurried. Fantastically enjoyable experience every day which I cannot fault.

Though we didn't take it up you can also enjoy breakfast outside overlooking the harbour. There was a queue on the Sunday morning but believe me it is worth hanging on.

Full marks on all counts. If you happen to be staying at the Sheraton I strongly advise you to dodge their ridiculously overpriced fare in favour of this place - within 200 yards or so walk.

If we come back there is only one place we will visit for breakfast and its here.

1  Thank Steve_Faulkner

Reviewed September 20, 2011

We had breakfast here and it was great. Good atmosphere, lovely service and amazing food.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

My girlfriends and I got away from the kids and husbands one morning for breakfast and we were SO happy with our choice! The pancakes were unbeleivable! Small outdoor seating section, but good ocean view!

Reviewed September 10, 2011

Found Maggies at sandkey on day one , do not be put off by the hole in wall appearance or the line waiting to get in, that says it all. great value for money food and very hospitable service, so good we went every day for two weeks !! Also try Backwaters their sister restaurant at the other end of the mall, get a high top and sit on the rear deck and watch the night set it, fantastic !

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Visited Maggie Mae's whilst staying at the Marriott Suites next door. Food and welcome are both fantastic, can't recommend it highly enough.

Fantastic Corned Beef Hash, friendly staff, reasonable prices.

Go there, you won't be disappointed.