“Awesome Massage” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clearwater Salon & Spa - CLOSED

Clearwater Salon & Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Pamper yourself with a relaxing massage, facial or pedicure in a comfortable relaxing environment. Let our licensed, experienced professionals make your "me" day one that one you will always remember. Located on Missouri Avenue in the Clearwater Plaza, next door to Big Lots, Clearwater Salon & Spa has experienced staff of Massage Therapists, Skincare Specialists and Nail Technicians. We can handle that special occasion or just a day R&R. Our experts are also available for on-site packages of many of our services. We specialize in weddings and special events. Call today for a consultation with an events coordinator.
Clearwater, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Massage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I went here with a Groupon for a massage and I'm in love!!!! This place is beautiful, the staff was friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. My massage was awesome and I can't wait to go for a cut and highlight next week.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Susan L

Clearwater, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Run far far away!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Absolutely the rudest, most unprofessional and condescending business ever! I got up and walked out after 15 minutes the massage was so horrible. She spent 15 minutes on my left calf, ever soooo gently rubbing it after I had asked for deep tissue neck and shoulder only. After 15 minutes when I asked her when she would start on my neck and shoulders she moved to my right calf! What?!?!

I rescheduled the next week, was cancelled by the salon shortly before appointment, rescheduled again for the following week at 1:15. Salon called at 11:30 to tell me I missed my 11:15 appointment. I reminded the manager, Alicia we made the time for 1:15 and she proceeded to argue that the mistake was mine. I became angry and asked for the owner, Travis to call me back. Alicia said he would NOT call me back. She spoke down to me and disconnected the call. I called back for several minutes and eventually she answered and told me to stop calling the salon, that I was harassing them.

Really Alicia??? I prepaid for the massages and I'm harassing you by trying to get what I paid for. Your office has made THREE huge mistakes and I'm the problem?

As a business owner I am appalled and want to get the word out. I've never written a negative review in my life. This treatment cannot go unspoken. Do yourself a favor and stay as far away from this establishment as you can.

Visited September 2013
5 Thank Teresa N
LargoDaySpa, Owner at Clearwater Salon & Spa, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
This woman became verbally abusive on the phone causing the staff member to hang up on her. She then called back 52 times in a 23 minute period.
Jonesborough, Tennessee
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Worst Massage Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I scheduled an appointment with the male massage tech after he refused to schedule a massage with my husband. Everything about the process was awkward. Like the some other reviews I read, the gentleman focused primarily on my back and only spent a few minutes working on my forearms. The time spent working on my back was mostly using one hand while he was sitting down. He asked about the pressure three times and each time I told him that he could use more pressure but he didn't adjust it to a point where I could really feel much of a difference, so I gave up asking. The massage was done mostly with a towel between his hand and my skin, which was uncomfortable and weird. It mostly felt like he was completely untrained because my son does better back massages than the one I got. The worst part was that I was lying there on my stomach hoping the massage would just end soon. It was just that bad. I've never felt that way about a massage before, so needless to say, I won't ever return.

Visited July 2013
6 Thank Sheri W
The staff member in question was let go shortly after these issues were brought to our attention.
Gulfport, Florida, United States
“Fun & terrific manicure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had a terrific time having my fingernails done today by an equally terrific tech. I entered the spa thinking I'd simply have a new shellac coating; I left the spa with a three-colored design that was daring for me and quite exciting. I was entertained and educated during the process and found that time flew. The prices are very competitive and the service was excellent.

Visited May 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very UNPROFESSIONAL & TERRIBLE SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I bought groupons for deep tissue massages at Berry Beautiful Spa in Clearwater. Which was far from relaxing. We were never asked to fill out paperwork. I had a male therapist my husband had female and we were in separate rooms. One huge red flag was that the male massage therapist told me I could be on top of the sheet or under it. UNPROFESSIONAL. He gave me maybe a minute to change and be ready for the massage. He made me extremely uncomfortable with the way he moved the sheet. He massaged my back with me face up and was practically on top of me when I stopped him. He acted completely innocent, but there was something not right about the entire service. I have had plenty of professional massages before even with male therapist and have never felt so disgusted and violated. I wish I would have left half way through it was so uncomfortable to sit through. When we were leaving I found out my husband's massage was less than satisfactory as well. What a waste of time and money. This place should not be in business!!

Visited May 2013