“really good”

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
Ranked #148 of 707 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Love the atmosphere here. pizza is good and the crowd is nice. I actually perfer the location in tampa but both have excellent pizza. Useally have good wine and happy hour specials.

1  Thank Travelcrazy92
There are newer reviews for Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were a party of nine on a Friday night but called about an hour before we arrived and they had a table ready for us when we gave our name. We had various pizzas, baked eggplant marinara, meatballs, broccoli rabe and sausage, chicken wings, some great Chianti, and a great time. The food and wine was excellent as was the service. We highly recommend Anthony's and will go again.

1  Thank H M
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Our party of 35 or so needed a place to eat between soccer games today and we could not have picked a better location. We called ahead and were seated very quickly. The manager and two waitresses that took care of us today could not have done a better job of keeping up with our beverages and orders. They even organized the orders by families and split our checks, getting us out of there and back to the field on time! This by itself gives a restaurant high ratings from me, but bonus.......the food was awesome also!

Lots of different speciality pizzas, sandwiches, calzones and wings around the table and everyone loved it. Portions were huge.

We live in Largo and don't normally drive that far for pizza. But this will change now. Anthony's you now have a loyal customer that will make the drive just for the food.

And thank you again for taking such good care of our large group today!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I eat here about once a week. We love it. The service CANNOT be beat. Friendly servers, managers who actually care about the customers...Never had such good service...and after this glowing review it's hard to believe that the food is even better!

I have loved everything I've ever had here.

We usually start off with the mozzarella and tomato salad. Thick slices of "wet" mozzarella with thicker slices of tomato covered with fresh basil olive oil and a few peppers in the center. So very good.

I usually get the roast beef sandwich. It's HUGE. First time I got it I wondered where the chips or fries were...DIDN'T NEED THEM, DIDN'T WANT THEM after tasting the sandwich...so wonderful. Probably the biggest sandwich I've ever had. Tastiest too. My husband loves the tuna sandwich. Just as big, just as delicious as the roast beef.

I loved the white pizza too.

Just remember that the pizza is made in a coal fired oven so it's a little more well done than the average pizza...but with the way the oven makes it taste...you'll love it.

It's hard for me to find any faults with this restaurant. Every time we head toward that end of town, we go to Anthony's and sometimes we find a "reason" to go out that way just to go to Anthony's.

I almost forgot...the chicken wings are AMAZING...roasted with herbs...not drenched in sauce. They're meaty and wonderful.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Hate to say it but this pizza (if you wish to call it that) is just a hair short of being inedible. Can't believe they actually warn you that the Pizza is well done and then serve you a badly burned Pizza. I have eaten pizza all over this country but this is something else. Its expensive and poor quality. Drinks are reasonable, Wings are ok but skip the pizza, its bad!