“Great Breakfast find!”

Tin Can Cafe
Ranked #39 of 707 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Undistinguished cinder block building housing very distinguished breakfast menu. Try the 7 oz. Angus steak and 3 eggs for $4.79. Then try the fantastic pork chops and eggs. This is definitely a locals joint, but it welcoms newcomers.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Have lived in Clearwater over 6 years but just tried this place today on a recommendation from friends. Had a great breakfast that was very reasonably priced, large portions, and great service as well. My husband had the steak and eggs, thought it was great and the steak was prepared as requested to medium rare. Had the more traditional breakfast of eggs and bacon, hash browns, choice of toasts.

This place does not look like much from the outside and probably have passed it by many times in the past. It is frequented by locals as we saw while in there as staff knew many customers by name. They are only open for breakfast/lunch with closing hours posted no later than 2:00 p.m. We had breakfast but their lunch menu was large as well. Believe breakfast available all day. Saw someone eating a VERY large sized salad ! Ample parking behind restaurant. While we were there many people waiting for a table. It is not a large restaurant has tables, booths, and counter seating. Definitely not a tourist trap as many restaurants are in the Clearwater Beach area! Will definitely go back!

1  Thank Diane P
There are newer reviews for Tin Can Cafe

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

The food here is great and reasonably priced, but what makes this restaurant great is the service. All of the employees are kind and do a good job of taking care of their customers. My coffee was never empty. Our order was taken and food was delivered quickly. Our waitress stopped by about every 10 minutes to make sure we had everything we needed. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good breakfast experience.

2  Thank Shaun S
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great food (not somewhere to go if your on a diet), fantastic prices, quick service, extremely friendly customers and staff.

2  Thank Ian G
Reviewed September 8, 2013

On vacation from New York City staying on Clearwater beach looking for a place to eat breakfast where i was staying.
The lady at the front desk recommended the Tin Can Cafe

A little restaurant with huge portions, when we arrived there was a waiting line of about ten people in front of us, and we were all seated within 10mins. Best breakfast I've had in a very long time. Great recommendation.

1  Thank Onvacatio
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I stopped by with my husband for a quick breakfast the other day. His breakfast was great but mine was a flunk.

All I ordered was a single blueberry pancake and it came out half-cooked. I ate almost all the pancake when I shouldn't have, as I didn't recognize the problem of the gooey mess was an uncooked batter issue until later into the meal. (I have never actually eaten a blueberry pancake before so wasn't sure what to expect.). We brought the mess of the remaining pancake to the attention of the waitress but she easily dismissed the problem. What I got from our exchange with her is that a half-cooked pancake is ok to serve by their standards. LOL. She did offer to throw the rest of the pancake back on the griddle but I declined.

Hopefully they don't mess up their other pancakes! I mean, this thing was oozing batter.

I, for one, will make sure I never eat another gooey pancake like THAT again.